Shadow 3's comp question

Need suggestions, we need another dps to go with me (shadow priest) and resto sham. Tried out DK: did okay.. Just wondering if there are any known solid comps to go with us. Cant really find much on other websites, when you search comps, they all assume priest is healer hah

Shadowplay is Shadow's best comp right now.

Affli/Shadow/RestoS

http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/21...iest-comp-s11/

there are a lot of comps for a shadow priest, we fill a niche that warlocks have trouble with, we have sustained damage AND the option of burst. nearly any comp a warlock can play in, a spriest can take that spot and still perform well. A couple of the top comps (none of them are at the "top" right now)

Shatterplay - Frost mage, Spriest, Rshaman: Abubadub plays this comp often
    LSD(spriest) - Moonkin, Spriest, Rshaman: Talbadar was playing this at 2500+
    Shadowcleave - UH DK, Spriest, Rshaman
    RLS(Spriest) - Rogue, Spriest, Rshaman

Warrior spriest shaman or paladin works somewhat well.
    Spriest Fire Mage healer
    Spriest Feral Healer

really a lot of comps work, find your strengths in the comp and put them to your advantage, The better you are as a spriest the better the team will do, you're playing one of the higher skill cap of classes in arena, offering offheals, dispels, purges, great burst, good sustained, dispel protection, great CC for setups.

Best of luck!
    Macbook Pro i7 2.66GHz OSX Snow Leopard Bootcamp Windows 7 Ultimate
    Mac G5 Quad 2.5 GHz 8GB DDR2 NVidia GeForce 7800GT

Quote Originally Posted by Vexxed060 View Post
    there are a lot of comps for a shadow priest, we fill a niche that warlocks have trouble with, we have sustained damage AND the option of burst. nearly any comp a warlock can play in, a spriest can take that spot and still perform well. A couple of the top comps (none of them are at the "top" right now)

Shatterplay - Frost mage, Spriest, Rshaman: Abubadub plays this comp often
    LSD(spriest) - Moonkin, Spriest, Rshaman: Talbadar was playing this at 2500+
    Shadowcleave - UH DK, Spriest, Rshaman
    RLS(Spriest) - Rogue, Spriest, Rshaman

Warrior spriest shaman or paladin works somewhat well.
    Spriest Fire Mage healer
    Spriest Feral Healer

really a lot of comps work, find your strengths in the comp and put them to your advantage, The better you are as a spriest the better the team will do, you're playing one of the higher skill cap of classes in arena, offering offheals, dispels, purges, great burst, good sustained, dispel protection, great CC for setups.

Best of luck!
    It's true, that you can play warlock combos with a spriest as well, but they are not as good, since spriests are very easy to train and don't have the ranged cc, that the warlocks have.
    However they offer high utility with MDs, PoMs, Shields and off heals and work really fine with classes that have high control themselves, i.e. mages, rogues and resto druids.

Personally I'd go for shadowplay, shatterplay (fire or frost doesn't matter) or RPD.

15+ Year Old Account
    shadowplay or shatteplay but definitely not RPD, eww - RPD sounds like RMD except until you realize the only thing the other group is cc'd by is the paralysis of which to kill first - the spriest or the druid - because both sound like such good targets when neither are going to get good peels >< I played one to about 2200 a few seasons ago - immediately after the defensive dispel nerf - and it hasn't worked since that nerf went into effect.

RPS isn't a great comp either (though its what I'm playing right now). Really the only rank 1 capable comps shadow has right now are Shadowplay and Shatterplay - since you have an rsham you are off to a good start, now just find either a lock or mage who knows how to kite melee and doesn't tunnelvision dps the whole game - because both you and the rsham need babysitting, not damage.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

warlock > mage. shadowplay or shatterplay!

fk any other comps!

Deleted
    From Vexxed060: Warrior spriest shaman or paladin works somewhat well.
    Do not ever play with a warrior in 3s as a shadow priest, possibly the 2 least synergistic classes ever.
    Lock > Mage > ROgue > DK = Feral imo.

has anyone tried spriest feral rshaman at high rated? me and my friends want to try this comp out but i didnt really see this comp in the higher brackets.

Quote Originally Posted by exjay View Post
    has anyone tried spriest feral rshaman at high rated? me and my friends want to try this comp out but i didnt really see this comp in the higher brackets.
    That combo played in the NAO tournament on the first day. They vs'd a Jungle Cleave and did pretty well. Can't remember who won but they were close games, check them out.

Spriest / Hunter is able to put out some sick CC chains, while both having amazing burst potential

Quote Originally Posted by hikamiro View Post
    Spriest / Hunter is able to put out some sick CC chains, while both having amazing burst potential
    I played this + paladin healer at the end of last season to ~2100, and while it has really great cc, you can't peel anything. Mages are easy, but any comp like RLS/meleecleaves will own you, especially rogues.