Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    When I think of MMOs I think of persistent worlds supporting unlimited numbers of players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sophos1 View Post
    When I think of MMOs I think of persistent worlds supporting unlimited numbers of players.
    It's impossible to support an unlimited number of players.

How is this discussion still going on?
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    Because you linked it in another thread which brought me here, which started giving me a headache... and I ended up posting? =P
    Lol dammit! I was hoping that would just kill the discussion over there, not revive the discussion over here :P
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

it's not an mmo. MMO requires that you can interact with hundreds of player that you don't know in an area (like a city a forest). Diablo will require you to create a game (public / private) that up to 3 other player will be able to join. So you canno't (at the same time) interact with more than 3 players. Which makes this game not an mmo.
    If mmo would juste required that there is a lot of people online then pokémon black and white would be a mmo, starcraft2 and even super smash brawl on Wii (yes a lot of people play online).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerain View Post
    Genre(s): Action role-playing game, dungeon crawl, hack and slash, horror.

Which I find quite describing of diablo.

if it were an MMO because a lot of people play online then almost every single online game would be MMO.

Source: Diablo on Wikipedia
    ^ This

It has a good online component, and in Diablo 3 you will see it expanded, but it is, in no way, an MMO.

'Not everything that glitters is gold'. A wise saying, seemingly not applicable in this case, but if we change words: Not everything that has a good online component is an MMO.

Deleted
    From wikipedia:
    Diablo III
    Genre(s) Action role-playing, hack and slash, dungeon crawl, dark fantasy/horror
    Btw if "it has lobbies where you can chat with others and you can play games online with other people" would be the definition of an mmo, it would make Facebook an mmo. Is it an mmo? No, it's a social medim.
    Is diablo 3 an mmo? No, it is an action rpg.

Role playing game -.-