Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Saturday AM Maintenance extended

Sigh, extended to an unknown time. I hope its not 16.00 GMT time again ^^

Geeze this makes me angry, get home from doing stuff all day, servers shut down, (So i haven't played yet) I'm Australian and this is my prime time, 11:05pm atm. Grr!

Why bother with a patch in the weekend? zzzzzzzzzz

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tankingtype View Post
    Geeze this makes me angry, get home from doing stuff all day, servers shut down, (So i haven't played yet) I'm Australian and this is my prime time, 11:05pm atm. Grr!
    Its currently midday in the EU, this is a total fail on BW's part

Lets see if the maintenance breaks more shit than it fixes like it has almost every time so far.

I wanted to continue to level my Sith Warrior. Really annoying, but whatever. Guess I'll go to bed.

Deleted
    Great, now I'll have to watch the football, bugger.

We can all look forward to not playing this game. Which sucks for those of us with demanding jobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    seriously why do people who play MMO's complain anytime theres a patch? I understand it might hurt your playtime for like a few hours or so but half you people (doesnt mean just this time) but sometimes you just act like a patch is a new thing and it has to go fast or you get even more pissed off

I just don't get their mindset, a small patch on a weekend can be ok, depending on how critical it is, but this is turning into the neverending story.

Heck I figured I'd get everything done, now the servers were down, clean up, shop for the next week, wash the car, and then you're all "I'll relax with the game till dinner time", only to figure out that they've got no clue on what they're doing yet again.

Am I going to spend hours refreshing the server status page? no, guess I'll head over to a frinds place instead, apparently the service I'm paying for, arent available at the times where I've actually got time to use it.

I know that the amount of money paid to access it arent the world, but I'd seriously rage if my ISP or television provider had the same amount of downtime.

All it sends is a big fat "we don't give a damn about the EU or Australia" attitude, which won't keep me happy for long, they better sort out their impulsive "we'll shut down the servers and keep them down for hours on end"

A no ETA message says it all, "we tried to fix something, broke something else and have no idea wtf we're doing right now, eeh hang on", do a rollback and get back to the drawing board, seriously.

Deleted
    It's stunning how obnoxious BioWare is. They never seriously comment on that they're going to fix the problem of shared maintenance times.

As much as I like the game, I find this unacceptable. I remember that when WoW launched, we had those shared maintenance times as well, but that was back in 2004; the bars have been raised on multiple fronts and BioWare fails to meet the demands of 2012. BioWare's reaction of complete apathy in combination with the maintenance times has me seriously doubting to continue my subscription. I often am only able to play in the weekends (Friday to Monday - student tiem!), as I don't have a gaming rig at my appartment near the university. When I'm this much hampered in my ability to utilize game time, I'd say they can stick their subscription where the sun doesn't shine.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    seriously why do people who play MMO's complain anytime theres a patch? I understand it might hurt your playtime for like a few hours or so but half you people (doesnt mean just this time) but sometimes you just act like a patch is a new thing and it has to go fast or you get even more pissed off
    My issue is not the patches its the timing of the patches. Ive no problem at all with them fixing bugs but to do it on a Sat am into PM EU is unacceptable im afraid. Even in the most dire need and to fix an expoit i would expect some post from dev explaining to me what the problem was and why this is so urgent.
    Simply posting "patching this Sat deal with it no ETA on uptime" is only going to enrage people and is poor customer service.

Timing and communication is the key and Bioware have to work on theres.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerevan View Post
    ...When I'm this much hampered in my ability to utilize game time, I'd say they can stick their subscription where the sun doesn't shine.
    If I've learnt one thing in life it's that the sun shines there also

Agree with the rest of your post btw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah a companies first MMo and you expect it to go as smooth as a seasoned MMO developer.....Also Crispin....why does this send an i dont care attitude? I never understood this complaint from people about a patch or w/e from people

Deleted
    Look, if you're going to unsubscribe because they're deploying an emergency patch, then please do so and save us the whine threads.

Deleted
    Because its a Saturday afternoon and this isn't the first time Bioware have patched the game during peek hours? ofcourse people are going to complain, these small patches/maintenance times have usually done more harm than good to the game aswell, its bad enough to take the servers down on a weekday during peek times, but doing it on a Saturday afternoon is crazy.

Deleted
    No one is complaining about the patches. It's the times they implement the patches; they do this with absolutely no regard to European players and with a typical American centric vision that involves a whole solar system rotating around Washington DC. We have to swallow a patch at a time when a lot of us want to game (weekend, hello?), while the Americans get their patch when they're going to sleep. De facto European consumers already pay more (on the ground of the exchange rate), but we get less de facto play time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pompeychiv View Post
    Timing and communication is the key and Bioware have to work on theres.
    Bioware is proving to be worse than SOE for timing and communication. I had 7yrs of SOE...the few months following Bioware's MMO shows me they've surpassed the 'King'!

One thing you can guarentee though, despite however urgent a patch is, it will never be installed during 'Primetime USA'. Ever. Only thing about Bioware I can truly have faith in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerevan View Post
    It's stunning how obnoxious BioWare is. They never seriously comment on that they're going to fix the problem of shared maintenance times.

When I'm this much hampered in my ability to utilize game time, I'd say they can stick their subscription where the sun doesn't shine.
    London?

Anyways, yes, this is utter bull**** every single mainteance so far was deployed in my prime-time.

Deleted
    Sigh... I get why there is a need for patching, but I dont get patching on a Saturday afternoon! So long the US arent affected eh, that seems to be all BW cares about with patching

Deleted
    I hope it is something very important otherwise players will rape BW.
    Also, no notes on a fix.