Thread: A SWTOR review.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousJesus View Post
    Wait what, TOR being pirated? Is the the guy high? You still need valid account, game key to be able to play.
    I didn't even bother reading the whole fucking thing. The first sentence is literally like watching fox news. Blanket statement with the existence of evidence suggested but not offered. Now theirs plenty of evidence that Obama is a Martian but what about all the deniers?

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Yes it does. Are you honestly trying to measure a video game by OBJECTIVE CRITERIA? The whole point is to have fun. Features implemented are implemented for the purpose of fun. Everything Blizzard or BW does is in the goal of chasing the illusive "fun".

Anything I could give you as a list you would just break down and say its opinion anyway. What's the point in providing you a list? Like I think PVP in SWTOR is awesome. Miles ahead of warcraft. I NEVER PVPD in warcraft over the course of 6 years. I absolutely love pvp in SWTOR and will continue to do it. I never played a melee in Warcraft, tried leveling a warrior got bored rather quickly. I absolutely love my JK Sentinel even though hes squishy as fuck. I could put those on a list but I'd have to wear a fire retardant suit.
    If you just refugee in the "it's my opinion dude, you cannot judge it", well, simply avoid posting in forums. Fun is personal and cannot be measured, features and overall performance are NOT personal and CAN be measured.

I personally think that Duke Nukem Forever is funnier than COD (insert any number). But, when it comes to judging the games in a professional way, i cannot simply put the head under the sand and refuse to see all the issues that, globally, make DNF worse than COD, even if i still enjoy DNF more because basically i hate fps with modern war ambientation.

As i said, nobody wants you to have more fun with WoW, but the fact that YOU are having more fun with SWTOR does not make SWTOR a better game overall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    If you just refugee in the "it's my opinion dude, you cannot judge it", well, simply avoid posting in forums. Fun is personal and cannot be measured, features and overall performance are NOT personal and CAN be measured.

I personally think that Duke Nukem Forever is funnier than COD (insert any number). But, when it comes to judging the games in a professional way, i cannot simply put the head under the sand and refuse to see all the issues that, globally, make DNF worse than COD, even if i still enjoy DNF more because basically i hate fps with modern war ambientation.

As i said, nobody wants you to have more fun with WoW, but the fact that YOU are having more fun with SWTOR does not make SWTOR a better game overall.
    Okay but by the same token everything and anything I can list that puts swtor ahead of WoW could be broken down very easily. Like if I said crafting was alot better in swtor you could give me a bunch of reasons why you thought it was better in WoW and we'd be left in a stalemate. It becomes pointless. Like you said you thought graphics were better in swtor, low and behold someone disgareed and were left with NO OBJECTIVE TRUTH possible for this list.

I'm curious how much content they stock piled before release to put out after, how soon that will dry up or be milked, and how the game will be when people have to chose to wait or demand less of something to get it faster.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Best way to enjoy swtor?

Pretend forums never existed. Pretend that nobody cares what you have to say, positive or negative. Pretend that nobody has said anything about this game for good or bad. Just play it. Enjoy lightsabers and blasters and killing Sith or Jedi. Enjoy the story line, dont just spacebar thru it.

But mostly forget that you have to read what everyone has to say about it, or that you must voice your opinion and let the world know whatever pops into your skull that second.

Just. Play.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post

Thing is different people like different features, so even rating by that is moot. Even "professionals" rate a game based on their personal experience. Just like movie critics. They do not have some magic metric to measure games with. They will say something like "Overall I loved the game and had fun but it is missing a few convenience features I found nice in other games." Now does that mean its a 7/10 game? To some yes, but to others the fun to be had outweighs the downs by a significant margin so they say a 8.5/10. Who is right? Both.

@OP I agree with some of your assessments, crafting is always a pain in the arse in any game, some just feel like they're more necessary over the others, slicing and biochem being the top 2. But as long as SWTOR has a fan base that supports the game it'll only get better with time.

Now for those people that say that people like myself are just making excuses for the bugs, we're not, we are simply riding the waves waiting for it to get better because we know it will, eventually. Myself, I find this game acceptable as it is, sure they can improve but you know what, in my opinion, it is more fun than any other game out there at this exact moment so no SWTOR won't fail, no it is not non-salvageable, in fact the only game I would ever say was non-salvageable was FFXIV. But I will continue to play this game for years to come as long as they keep it interesting which so far they have.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    There is no need for personal reviews of the game type threads. All it does is bring two groups of people to a discussion, which then devolves into debate, and devolves even further into obligatory name calling and reports.

I am closing this thread. I'm sorry you don't find the game enjoyable but I'm happy if you find the game enjoyable. That's it.