Is There a Way to Assign ArenaN 1,2,3 etc?

I'm looking for a way to assign ArenaN. For example lets say I want to switch Arena 3 to Arena 1 is that possible through a script or an existing addon? Is it possible to make an addon that would work?

I'm ultimately hoping to find/ inspire/ create an addon that would allow you to not only assign an Arena number but make it auto assign based on Spec.

For example:

Disc, Holy (both) and Resto(both) will automatically be assigned to Arena 1 (if 2's or 3's) and 1 and 2(if necessary) for 5's.

To me this would simplify the whole @Arena targeting system for me and many others. It also allows you to still have the functionality of using @Arena# without ever having to memorize what Arena number your casting on. In 3's you can always have a Target a Focus and as in the healer example Arena 1 binds. It is still 3 binds but still much easier.

You could even go so far as to auto assign Healer = 1 and Melee = 2(if only 1) and caster = 3(if only 1)

For cleave teams it would just automatically place the healer at 1 and the other 2 normally with maybe a priority of healing capable classes at 2.

For triple DPS teams you could have it set up to place healing capable DPS e.g. Rets to Arena1 if it can't find any of the actual healing specs.

Are there any existing addons, ideas or anyone working on it if it is even possible?

I don't think it's possible, would be awesome though.

Edit: I'm no expert though :P But I don't think Blizzard allows you to automatically target a certain target or override target destinations (like player, target, arena1 etc), which such an addon would probably need to do.
    Last edited by reckoner04; 2012-01-29 at 09:54 PM.

Deleted
    that would be too gamechanging i think and not allowed, the only way to do it atm is /tar Arena 1, 2, 3 etc :|

Would be awesome if Blizzard allowed you to set an unlimited amount of focus targets (like focus1, focus2, focus3 ect), would make for some great addons :/

Deleted
    No way to alter unitIDs programmatically.

Quote Originally Posted by nioruph View Post
    that would be too gamechanging i think and not allowed, the only way to do it atm is /tar Arena 1, 2, 3 etc :|
    Yeah I figured it would be fairly game changing and was why I was thinking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by reckoner04 View Post
    Would be awesome if Blizzard allowed you to set an unlimited amount of focus targets (like focus1, focus2, focus3 ect), would make for some great addons :/
    I've been trying to figure out some functional workarounds that would simulate having multiple focus's. Afaik I don't think there is a targetlastfocus type of command or that would work. I haven't come up with any bright ideas yet but have only been thinking about it for a few hours. I'll tell my brain to figure it out when I go to sleep and hopefully it will come to me in the morning.

I kinda figured that they wouldn't have made it straight forward possible I was hoping there was a way to sorta work around it or spoof it actually happening.
    Even just being able to assign them without the auto assign feature would be amazing imo.

---------- Post added 2012-01-29 at 05:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    No way to alter unitIDs programmatically.
    Yeah I figured it wouldn't be possible.

I take it there is no target last focus type of command is there?

Quote Originally Posted by Dyrtnap View Post
    I'm looking for a way to assign ArenaN. For example lets say I want to switch Arena 3 to Arena 1 is that possible through a script or an existing addon? Is it possible to make an addon that would work?

I'm ultimately hoping to find/ inspire/ create an addon that would allow you to not only assign an Arena number but make it auto assign based on Spec.

For example:

Disc, Holy (both) and Resto(both) will automatically be assigned to Arena 1 (if 2's or 3's) and 1 and 2(if necessary) for 5's.

To me this would simplify the whole @Arena targeting system for me and many others. It also allows you to still have the functionality of using @Arena# without ever having to memorize what Arena number your casting on. In 3's you can always have a Target a Focus and as in the healer example Arena 1 binds. It is still 3 binds but still much easier.

You could even go so far as to auto assign Healer = 1 and Melee = 2(if only 1) and caster = 3(if only 1)

For cleave teams it would just automatically place the healer at 1 and the other 2 normally with maybe a priority of healing capable classes at 2.

For triple DPS teams you could have it set up to place healing capable DPS e.g. Rets to Arena1 if it can't find any of the actual healing specs.

Are there any existing addons, ideas or anyone working on it if it is even possible?
    Are you talking about setting a focus?

Cuz there are much easier ways to do these things. Instead of setting a focus, use Gladius to show enemy player frames, it can show cast timers and whatnot, just like a focus frame can. The main difference is that Gladius is automatically enabled and set at the beginning of matches.

Then you can set up gladius clicks to bind to a particular ability, so that when you right or left click the Gladius frame with your mouse, it automatically uses that ability. Then you can also make macros that target a specific arena frame and cast an ability, so you don't even have to set a focus or change targets.

/cast [@arena1] spellname
    /cast [@arena2] spellname
    /cast [@arena3] spellname

Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    Are you talking about setting a focus?

Cuz there are much easier ways to do these things. Instead of setting a focus, use Gladius to show enemy player frames, it can show cast timers and whatnot, just like a focus frame can. The main difference is that Gladius is automatically enabled and set at the beginning of matches.

Then you can set up gladius clicks to bind to a particular ability, so that when you right or left click the Gladius frame with your mouse, it automatically uses that ability. Then you can also make macros that target a specific arena frame and cast an ability, so you don't even have to set a focus or change targets.

/cast [@arena1] spellname
    /cast [@arena2] spellname
    /cast [@arena3] spellname
    I'm not talking about anything near that simple. I wish I was.

I'm talking about an addon or way to remove having to memorize who is Arena 1,2,3 so that when you used @arena1 it would always hit the Healer.

You can just use /focus @mouseover if you don't use gladius. Also I personally feel that in most cases using @mouseover spells on unit frames in high level arena is just bad because it will slow anyone down because you essentially become a clicker.

You can use /focus arena1,2,3 macros then use a focus macro to save a few keybinds. But that takes 2 presses to achieve the same thing as using Arena123 to get to your non focus or target.

I'm talking about an addon or way to remove having to memorize who is Arena 1,2,3 so that when you used @arena1 it would always hit the Healer.
    No there is no direct way to do this. But...you could have an addon which could before the arena match starts but when you already have frames up, set up a role of a healer or a dps by you scanning the frames manually, determining who's a healer and who is a dps and clicking on them to mark them as such. In a way it would be the same as you editing manually your /cast [@Name] Spellname macro but with a specific mouse or key click, it will do this for you before you get in combat, to alter the macro so that specific name is now corresponding to a specific macro.
    But you cannot do this in combat! Only while the doors haven't opened yet and nobody casts anything.
    Look into:
    www.curse.com/addons/wow/targetrole
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/mutt
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/reno

I don't think they were created with arenas in mind but could be adapted as there isn't much difference in specifying party1 vs. arena1

target1 target2 etc will need to readjust if at the start of the arena enemy is stealth, mirror image or any kind that break focus otherwise you need to store them as a variable in an addon and 'teach that addon to target that enemy' again. dunno how it works, but it's gamebreaking just IMO

Deleted
    I could see it being possible somewhat, but having issues with stealthed resto druids etc. (double stealth has no way of knowing which arenaX the healer is f.e.)