Warmaster Blackhorn 10 Heroic, Disc issues

So, we're now working on Warmaster, and I've enjoyed pretty dominating numbers in most of DS Heroic (Except Ultrax, Holy Radiance lul, so I just smite until boss is at 35% instead), or at least, if anything, I've felt useful and like I could put out good amounts of useful healing.

But Warmaster is a complete disaster, it's borderline depressing. 2healing together with a holy paladin. And I'm sucking the floor at around 12-13k HPS, and before p2 even comes close, I'm usually low on mana and would need to Fiend to get back up to ~75-80% on p2 transition. Paladin sits at 21-24k or so and doesn't break a sweat.

I don't get it. WoL claims Disc should be pretty good on the fight, but I just can't seem to produce numbers. Even when trying, intently, to heal more stuff, it just doesn't happen.

This fight has brought me out of my comfort zone entirely, I don't really know what I can do differently here, and I feel mostly like asking the RL to sit me out for a class/player who can do something useful in the fight. All I really feel useful for is barrier. This coming from someone who rank regularly on WoL on other fights, without specifically trying to; that is to say, I must be doing something reasonably right on other fights.

What gives, anyone else with issues, or anyone think it's a breeze and wanna share some details?
    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like more than half of you more than you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythricia View Post
    So, we're now working on Warmaster, and I've enjoyed pretty dominating numbers in most of DS Heroic (Except Ultrax, Holy Radiance lul, so I just smite until boss is at 35% instead), or at least, if anything, I've felt useful and like I could put out good amounts of useful healing.

But Warmaster is a complete disaster, it's borderline depressing. 2healing together with a holy paladin. And I'm sucking the floor at around 12-13k HPS, and before p2 even comes close, I'm usually low on mana and would need to Fiend to get back up to ~75-80% on p2 transition. Paladin sits at 21-24k or so and doesn't break a sweat.

I don't get it. WoL claims Disc should be pretty good on the fight, but I just can't seem to produce numbers. Even when trying, intently, to heal more stuff, it just doesn't happen.

This fight has brought me out of my comfort zone entirely, I don't really know what I can do differently here, and I feel mostly like asking the RL to sit me out for a class/player who can do something useful in the fight. All I really feel useful for is barrier. This coming from someone who rank regularly on WoL on other fights, without specifically trying to; that is to say, I must be doing something reasonably right on other fights.

What gives, anyone else with issues, or anyone think it's a breeze and wanna share some details?
    I'm almost always shadow (95% of the time). But to me WOL ranking as a healer is a bit... I don't know, not really a good measure. IMO ranking in WOL usually means a) solohealing (if possible(Ultraxion)) b) carrying the other healers / using unnecessary amount of healing c) group taking unneeded DMG. Of course if you have the mana then just go for it, but WOL ranking isn't really a good measure of ones skill.

For the tips, I don't really have anything. I've always DPSd this fight.

For the most part what you're saying about WoL is fair enough, and in the case of carrying other healers, probably true in some cases (I'd usually sit around 5k HPS over my 2 healing partners on Zon'ozz for example, throughout the entire fight), but it is a decent example of what a class/spec should be capable of doing on a fight.

For instance, lots of logs of Disc priests doing over 20k throughout Warmaster Blackhorn, I mean I can understand doing good numbers in phase 2, but phase 1, they still do their 20k. And obviously they have mana to see it through to the end. So I wonder, why can't I do the same. Healing is not a problem per se, for us, but it's sure be a little bit easier and safer if I could consistently be doing 10k more HPS throughout the fight - unnecessary or no.... It sure would make things easier.
    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like more than half of you more than you deserve.

Deleted
    I DPS this fight but just thinking about how I would heal it I can think of a few things. One would be to pre-shield people who about to soak a Barrage. Shield people as you run to Onslaught and then cast PoHs. Penance on CD and Holy Fire/Smite the guys on the boat.

But healing this fight is not about HPS. Spamming PoH is not the best way to heal this fight I think, even though top logs suggest it, since it is very heavy spike damage and requires good triage healing. At least on 10 man.
    Last edited by mmoc9f3c8526e6; 2012-01-29 at 11:30 PM.

Its all about bubbleing people before they take a twilight barrages/ onslaught and playing whack a bubble on low targets to make sure they don't die to something extra like a charge.

The disc rankings i've examined for blackthorn show HEAVY use of PW:S, high mst+spi builds. Very tricky to find moments where PoH is viable, even then the aegis will overheal way more than on other fights. But just like Spine brings out a niche for Renew, Blackthorn brings out a niche for PW:s.

Still waiting to attempt this one myself >.>

I mostly just smite and shield tanks during p1 then poh spam for onslaughts. DA does get sorta wasted but it's still better than shield spam. If your paladin can basically solo heal p1 then just sit around smiting stuff and save your mana for p2. You should be able to still do 12-13kish (at least) with just smite and not really use any mana while doing it.

I feel for you OP, this is quite challenging to heal on heroic.

I don't know if anyone can recommend the absolute best spec/strategy for you; I think you may need to just experiment. A lot just depends on how your guild does P1. Some groups might solo soak every onslaught and some groups might have the raid soak every onslaught.

Also, how long is your raid taking to get to P2? Maybe that is why mana is an issue for you.

Also, are you going with a more single target/SoS spec or an Atonement spec?

Deleted
    I heal blackthorn with a hpala as disc.

Get all melee/yourself in grp1. Everyone else in grp2.

Use PoH when needed in p1, use penance on cd, pws on both tanks (proccing rapture is quite easy when u have multiple targets taking dmg all the time), bounce pom between tanks. If you soak with someone else use binding heal afterwards.
    Use fiend on 2nd pair of adds (remember to get veiled shadows for 4min cd, so it comes off cd towards the end of the fight).
    Don't use pws on low health people unless you're almost certain that they are gonna die otherwise (or have cauterize proced), most dmg is mistake based here and pws becomes extremely hit or miss if you base your strategy around this. Use GH instead.

Don't worry about the paladin beating you in p1, they are extremely good at spot healing.

In p2, keep tanks alive till raid is stable then spam PoH and tell your paladin to keep the tanks alive and spot heal if someone isn't topped by poh spam, pop shields on squishy people and tanks doing the hit. It can be fairly hard to time HoH, but I usually let our boomkin tranq and use it after the hit, so healing is okay. Don't let your paladin convince you that his holy radiance is godlike in p2 (cause it just ain't!)
    Last edited by mmocff76f9a79b; 2012-01-30 at 10:43 PM.

shieldspam and flash heal

Hi, would be awesome to if you posted some logs of yours.

without knowing how you heal, i can say that stacking da (based on overhealing with poh) works wonders on this fight.

occasional blanketing with shields works as well (if you run high mastery).

i also like atonement spec for this fight (just for archangel), but its not any kind of must-have, upto personal preferences.

Deleted
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5377&e=5761
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=11230&e=11638
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=8578&e=8999

Some of my recent kills. Pretty chillin with a heal shaman.

Just spam shields on low hp targets and before the big bang thing and spam PoH and GH in P2 and you should be golden.
    I dont use fiend in p1 since I dont have veiled shadows. Rapture procs are important as always. (No Mana Issues at all)

Hope that helped
    Last edited by mmoc3dcdd58244; 2012-01-31 at 11:01 AM.