Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

AH system in GW2?

Since this is a common feature in most MMo's it safe to assume that his has already been asked in the past and I apologize, but does anyone know if this will be a feature in GW2?

Oh and one other thing, its not really that big, but does anyone have or know a link to any videos to an Engineer dual wielding pistols?? Debating on starting a ranger or Eng at launch, watching a video of this would definitely make it easier to decide

Thanks in advance!

Yes there is going to be an AH, i can't remember where i heard it from but apparently it will be game wide.

Maybe mif can provide a better answer.

They will have a global market which will include all servers, not just the one you are playing on. In addition you will be able to post a wish list of sorts on the market, what you want and what price range you are willing to pay for it. Some can see that and then sell you that item if they have and wish to sell it.

It won't be as involved as EVE's market I imagine but it seems to be a better system than any other mmo AH or market that I've played.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    They will have a global market which will include all servers, not just the one you are playing on. In addition you will be able to post a wish list of sorts on the market, what you want and what price range you are willing to pay for it. Some can see that and then sell you that item if they have and wish to sell it.

It won't be as involved as EVE's market I imagine but it seems to be a better system than any other mmo AH or market that I've played.
    It indeed is game wide, as in cross server, and it probably will be as involved as EVE as it also has the bidding system
    Check the sticky
    Last edited by Squirrelbanes; 2012-01-30 at 03:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    From the Divinity's Reach tour video

Auctioneer: All auctions are currently on hold while we work out our new goods transference system. Once it's online you'll be able to use the Marketplace to auction and bid on items from all over the world.

Auctions are global meaning they appear on all servers. If an item isnt availible on the AH you can post it and the price you would buy it for and someone can come along and sell you the item for that price.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is good news! Selling items in GW was hell :'(

Deleted
    I am pretty sure that there is going to be an AH, as it is in most MMOs as you said.

Auction Houses are pretty much a must.

About the dual wielding engineer vs ranger thingy, I am quite torn on those as well. Waiting on more info ^^
    (will prolly go with engineer due to flamethrower awesomeness )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Supajayare View Post
    Oh and one other thing, its not really that big, but does anyone have or know a link to any videos to an Engineer dual wielding pistols?? Debating on starting a ranger or Eng at launch, watching a video of this would definitely make it easier to decide

Thanks in advance!

Looks like there's a bit of dual-wielding pistols in this video, although it's not the greatest quality. I think I remember seeing another, I'll look for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freehoof View Post
    Looks like there's a bit of dual-wielding pistols in this video
    ArenaNet said they nerfed unload
    (skill 3, aka bangbangbangbangbang)

While we're on this topic, is it too early to start a compilation of class knowledge for each class? Sort of a, here's everything we know right now and a couple of videos to support what we know.

I realize a lot of what we know about the classes is in the thread that omlech put out there, but I think it might be nice to sticky some threads for class specific info for people like Supajayare who just want to know some details about a specific class. For example, I'm quite interested in the Thief as my medium armor toon since it appears you can be a ranged stealthy player, which I loved in DAoC. I read that Ranger has a skill kind of like shadowmeld where they can stealth if they don't move, but the thief can move to different positions while stealthed and still attack from ranged. Info like that would be great in their respective class threads.

Quote Originally Posted by tibben View Post
    While we're on this topic, is it too early to start a compilation of class knowledge for each class? Sort of a, here's everything we know right now and a couple of videos to support what we know.
    I think Omlech's guide is good enough tbh. It's descriptive, and it's got links to all the skills on the GW2 wiki...and then there's the video sticky that is broken down by professions as well.
    It would have be hugeeeee lol You'd prob end up having to have a separate sticky for each prof.
    And if we have too many stickys, people won't know where to begin rly..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    I think Omlech's guide is good enough tbh. It's descriptive, and it's got links to all the skills on the GW2 wiki...and then there's the video sticky that is broken down by professions as well.
    It would have be hugeeeee lol You'd prob end up having to have a separate sticky for each prof.
    And if we have too many stickys, people won't know where to begin rly..
    Well that and the information we have is still from the alpha and demo versions of the game. None of it is entirely accurate anymore, so going to the work of making a huge post about current info makes no sense. Wait until the NDA drops and we get updates from the beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    Well that and the information we have is still from the alpha and demo versions of the game. None of it is entirely accurate anymore, so going to the work of making a huge post about current info makes no sense. Wait until the NDA drops and we get updates from the beta.
    Ha.
    Yh, and that ofc. Not expecting a huge amount of change, but there's certainly going to be quite a bit of number changing with balancing skills n such.

Deleted
    People have forgot to mention that you will be able to use the AH when not even playing GW2. You will be able to monitor your items for sale and buy items on a website and iirc maybe a app available for smartphones. The marketplace will also be able to show trends and history of item values.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadfuert View Post
    People have forgot to mention that you will be able to use the AH when not even playing GW2. You will be able to monitor your items for sale and buy items on a website and iirc maybe a app available for smartphones. The marketplace will also be able to show trends and history of item values.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'd also assume it's one of the features A-Net will provide for cash as a form of alternative income, sort of like Blizzard's Remote Auction House system. Inexpensive, but a good source of income when it's used in the masses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadfuert View Post
    Speaking of the mobile app:

On Sep 3 2010, ArenaNet announced the GW2 mobile app at PAX

On Sep 21 2010, ArenaNet release a blog article detailing the mobile app
    Later that day, in the afternoon, Blizzard made a forum post to announce that their exciting new mobile guild chat feature was coming soon

7 months later on Apr 18th 2011, Blizzard released mobile guild chat.

Make of that what you will...

Quote Originally Posted by airea View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'd also assume it's one of the features A-Net will provide for cash as a form of alternative income, sort of like Blizzard's Remote Auction House system. Inexpensive, but a good source of income when it's used in the masses.
    Can't explicitly deny, but the wiki doesn't say it's a paid service. Doesn't seem part of the cash shop though.
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Marketplace

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    /shakes fist.
    Thems dirty rats..
    Last edited by Squirrelbanes; 2012-01-30 at 06:32 AM.

Speaking of the mobile app:

On Sep 3 2010, ArenaNet announced the GW2 mobile app at PAX

On Sep 21 2010, ArenaNet release a blog article detailing the mobile app
    Later that day, in the afternoon, Blizzard made a forum post to announce that their exciting new mobile guild chat feature was coming soon

7 months later on Apr 18th 2011, Blizzard released mobile guild chat.

Who else but Blizzard!

But seriously, that pisses me off. I know it's a business strategy, but it only goes to show that Blizzard just isn't up on the curve. When was the last time they introduced something that another MMO took from them? Yes, it's happened plenty of times, but my point is that all of them were quite a few years ago in terms of the game's lifespan thus far. Nobody (that I've seen) has liked their queuing systems for instances enough to implement a similar system in their own game, and that's pretty much the only game-changer they've added in the past 4 years. Other than that, they've just taken other ideas and either put a price tag on them, or made them worse than the original.

/sigh

ya... kinda like half of their MOP video at blizzcon were featuring items strait off the GW2 feature list and most of the remainder was stuff specific to the warcraft universe. To be fair remote guild chat is not a new idea. I remember being able to log on to a website and chat with the guild in star wars galaxies. Dont recall an app for a phone but very few folks had phones outside of a blackberry had that kinda capability back then anyway.

Who is John Galt?