Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Metroid Prime is a great game. It still holds up very well today, and if you can get the trilogy the Wii controls are much better than the GC controls.

And for people looking for story in Metroid, read what you scan in the Prime games. There's a lot there.

Quote Originally Posted by masterrofl12 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    Maybe watch some videos before you decide to get it or not but I really really liked Metroid: Other M despite what the majority of the world seems to think about, was actually my favorite game of the series tied with Metroid 3 and I will never understand why the game is so intensely loathed.
    I agree. It might have been alittle bit awkward with Samus talking, but the game was still damn great, haters gonna hate.
    Most of the hate, that I have seen, doesn't have a damned thing to do with the game at all and has to do with Samus's voice actress and her delivery of the lines. I've actually seen a few of the interviews and when asked why she was so flat in her delivery she's stated every time that "It's what I was asked to do to convey a cold and unemotional character."

As far as gameplay, it's easily as much fun overall as any other in the series even if it auto-targets. The having to switch to first person to shoot (and unable to move) is bullshit, but the rest is really nice. If they change that and give us a bigger place to explore I'd easily by another in this style simply because of it's 2D-controls-3D-world that actually works really well (plus, a REAL space jump after the Prime series).

Not to mention the hard mode version will make you bald, and easily proves the MMO meme that the Elevator Boss is truly the hardest in the game.