D7 - Bulwark smash interrupts

Yesterday did D7 for first time and also was the first time for the other 3 people in the group...really nicely done FP especially the boss fights...loved them all.

One question tho, I was the tank and first we couldnt figure out what was one shooting me, then we realized it was the smash...so i figured ok ill interrupt it now, BUT everytime he begins to do the smash as soon as the cast bar goes off i get stunned and cant interrupt...

So, am i missing a mechanic? do i need to sort of time before the smash will go off and just run out? or it simply falls on the DPS to interrupt it? We got it down after a sorc DPS kept it interrupted but i couldnt help but fell maybe i was missing something and that is a mechanic i was supposed to keep interrupted.

Also, do BH really not have any form of interrupts at lvl 48? the other DPS BH in the group said he couldnt interrupt and i find it kind of hard to believe that at that lvl a class does not have any form of interrupts.

R

Deleted
    Didnt they make it so bulwark cant be interupted?

http://www.oldrepublic.net/337-pts-p...tes-1-1-1.html

Directive 7

- Bulwark’s Area of Effect cone abilities now properly fire in the direction Bulwark is facing.
    - Some of Bulwark’s abilities were incorrectly susceptible to interruption. Bulwark is now immune to interrupts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, do BH really not have any form of interrupts at lvl 48? t
    As powertech they do, as mercenary i dont think so. Sorcerer has a short range (10m) interrupt but its on a longer cooldown (12s).

As for the boss, i dont remember not being able to interrupt his attacks, nor dying to any kind of 1shot mechanic, but if we didnt take down his shield, his damage would be out the roof. Last boss was my only trouble, those turrets dish out a truckload of damage, the healer barely managed to keep me up.
    Last edited by shadowkras; 2012-01-30 at 12:49 PM.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

IA, SI, and I think SW have interrupts. I believe the powertech does, but not the merc, but could be mistaken. I think the only interrupt the Merc has is the full stun. The IA/SI have 2 - a real interrupt and the stun.

The Change AnthonyDK is linking is on the PTR right now, not the live realms. D7, in its entirity, is pretty buggy (multiple clones for non-force classes against the Interrogater, etc.).

The biggest 2 things with Bulwark is, as Shadow said, break the shield and don't stand on top of each other. That only really works if you have a range group, but we found going through there that if you are on top of each other, somebody will likely get insta-gibbed, especially if you get caught in the cone of fire.
    SW:TOR: Kina Legacy on Drooga's Pleasure Barge, formerly Senjak Legacy on Master Zhar Lestin.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Change AnthonyDK is linking is on the PTR right now, not the live realms. D7, in its entirity, is pretty buggy (multiple clones for non-force classes against the Interrogater, etc.).
    Oh i noticed that, but didnt know it was a bug. After the first wipe, i told the dps to nuke the boss from orbit once he hit 30%, because the adds started spawning endlessly and we thought it was his soft enrage. I died but the group managed to finish him off and handle the adds.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

The smash is definitely interruptable because the SI kept it from going off...we didnt care to interrupt the other ability.

The main thing is as a tank (assassin) i found it impossible for me to interrupt it because i get insta stunned as soon as the smash cast bar goes off...

@shadowkras - Last boss we actually found it extremely easy, if only a somewhat long fight...what we did with turrets is when the turrets popped we simply LOS'd one by moving into the alcove on the side and dispatched one (it helped that both dps were ranged too) then moved to the other one.

And last, perhaps i was getting one shot by the smash because i am only lvl 46 and when at appropriate lvl i should be able to soak it fine? It still hits like a truck tho because im sitting at close to 13k HP already and to get one shot by it is a lil crazy.

R

It's not intended to be interrupted, and you can easily do it without the interrupt. A lot of people have been complaining about this place, but frankly, I love it, if you skip the bonus boss and all the trash related to unlocking him, it's one of the fastest instances about, there's very little RNG involved, the only fight that might ever be an issue is Bulwark if you have low DPS, but other than that, it's all pretty easy, but it's also quite a lot of fun. We do run into the probe droid clones over spawning a lot of the time, but mostly it's just 3-4 extra at the end, burn him down then deal with those, it's not too bad - if they do keep spawning, then yeah, it's a wipe, but it only seems to happen towards the end, so you can just kill him, wipe and move on, not as annoying as a lot of bugs out there.