Thread: Leveling ....

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Unhappy Leveling ....

Hey Guys,
    One of my normal posts about leveling, Well im having trouble leveling from 41 to 50 i guess...
    the quests seem to be giving me a low amount of xp which makes me do more not my sorta thing tbh
    so i try Warzones - Were losing all the time, so i just dont know what to do... anyone got some reasonable solutions
    also i have my class quest in belsavis (Again not my thing with travelling all over to do it)
    By the way im Sith Juggernaut - Immortal
    also im thinking of leveling up a marauder a bit but im not to sure if i should yet could i get some tips on that too?
    Lots of thanks
    WoW6000
    Last edited by WoW6000; 2012-01-30 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Add some info

hmm, can't say I can relate to this problem, finding levelling very fluid atm.

I'm 44 at the moment, and playing for 2/3 hours a night I seem to have been dinging 1 level per day.

You obnly need about 350k exp to level (not at home, but i know it's around that ballpark..) and quests grant 10-20k exp (excluding kill exp) so go and do 17-30 quests and you should be dinging.

Do space missions and pvp if you are struggling for exp (pvp gives quite good exp even for a loss)

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Make sure to space out what your doing. I tend to do a space mission daily, the pvp daily, the Flashpoint daily and then start questing. Each gives a nice chunk of credits, a good amount of exp and a break from the grind. There are mission terminals for them in each section of the fleet. Past that I do not know what else to tell you. While leveling does take longer at higher levels it is still very easy to level. Enjoy the story and quit looking at your leveling bar and I am sure it will move twice as fast.

Deleted
    I hit a wall at 42 when I was to enter "The Tomb" on Belsavis, I had to run all over the place with mobs all over the roads that I did not have any quest to kill but just were in the way, not really knowing if I even went the right way. I ended up logging off and not playing that character for two weeks, then I started playing it again a little bit over a week ago, only did Warzones over and over since I hadn't done them before and found them to be really fun, especially Huttball.

We didn't win every time but most of the time, but it didn't really matter because I was only out for the fun part, I leveled from 42 to 48 like this and all of a sudden I noticed that I had by far outleveled Belsavis and I was going to have to do a lot of the class quests at 50. ^^

You said that you tried warzones but found that you always lost, I say hang in there because random groups are random, when I played there were a strong few who made the difference in each game, the team that ended up with them won, I'm sure it's something similar for you. Other than that I can only suggest you to at least do the warzone daily and the space mission dailys, and perhaps level an alt in the rest of the time in hopes for getting back the motivation to level your main.

I'm currently 46 on Belsavis and have no shortage of things to do. I try to do the space combat dailies that aren't greyed out. They give nice xp and of course the fleet commendations are nice.

On the planets I try to do all the normal quests including all the heroics. The heroics give nice xp too plus better gear. I've done some of the bonus quests on some of the planets but not all of them.

Beyond that I haven't done any PVP and I have only done 2 flashpoints.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    You really do hit a wall in the 41-50 leveling range. I'm leveling a Commando now, but it was really an issue as a JG. Mobs just seem to take forever to kill and quests don't provide that much XP. About the only thing that I can suggest is to break it up. Do some PvP, space missions, and FPs with friends.

One big thing that you want to plan in advance for is your level 40 PvP set. You can gear yourself up through PvP as you go, but plan ahead and grab your entire level 40 set and put it in the bank. That level 40 set can really help you when you hit 40 to overcome the hump. I didn't plan accordingly my first time around. On my Commando, I had an entire set for myself, Aric and Elara. It helped a lot.

Deleted
    I remember leveling my "alt" in AV BG, we won ~ 8 of 10 games.I think I dinged 80 from 61 in...4 days.at the end I had enough honor point to buy the full set+some off set pieces of HOnOR POINTS PVP gear.

Had even more fun when in WG BG at low level, 1 level / win (if you manage to make 25% exp from your exp bar questing while w8ing que)

Had so much fun with my mage when I started BG at around lvl 14 with heirloom+enchants.I don't know how much the exp reward has changed

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thornstar View Post
    Make sure to space out what your doing. I tend to do a space mission daily, the pvp daily, the Flashpoint daily and then start questing. Each gives a nice chunk of credits, a good amount of exp and a break from the grind. There are mission terminals for them in each section of the fleet. Past that I do not know what else to tell you. While leveling does take longer at higher levels it is still very easy to level. Enjoy the story and quit looking at your leveling bar and I am sure it will move twice as fast.
    Whoa, Space Dailies? It's even more grindy then mobs. Atleast while grinding mobs you can expect something different - like a crit or even an enemy player! While Space Missions are the most boring thing ever. It's so boring I haven't even bothered to record a macro for random bot with same mouse movement/clicking to finish those dailies for huge exp/time, because that involves doing them one more time to actually record stuff! LOL

---------- Post added 2012-01-30 at 04:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by asteest View Post
    I remember leveling my "alt" in AV BG, we won ~ 8 of 10 games.I think I dinged 80 from 61 in...4 days.at the end I had enough honor point to buy the full set+some off set pieces of HOnOR POINTS PVP gear.

Had even more fun when in WG BG at low level, 1 level / win (if you manage to make 25% exp from your exp bar questing while w8ing que)

Had so much fun with my mage when I started BG at around lvl 14 with heirloom+enchants.I don't know how much the exp reward has changed
    Are you such an idiot that can't tell the difference between wow and swtor?

The post was obviously in error. No need to name call. Just ignore the post and move along ~ Dakia
    Last edited by Dakia; 2012-01-30 at 02:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by asteest View Post

Thats wow mate

40 to 50 is slow. I worked my way through Voss, Belsavis and Correllia, doing a few of the FPs, and doing some pvp (not alot, but some). Recommedation, if you are stuck on Belsavis, is to go back and do either the hoth or alderaan bonus quests. It breaks it up, and it'll give you gear to fill in the slots that might be a little low, and give you commendations for either updated mods or companion gear. I didn't do that, and probably should have. As with everything else, I'd recommend trying the heroic group quests (good loot, decent experience) and I'd also recommend running stuff at that level with guildies on vent/mumble/whatever. It makes it go a little quicker.

Its still a grind, but grinding it out with friends makes it more fun and a bit easier.
    SW:TOR: Kina Legacy on Drooga's Pleasure Barge, formerly Senjak Legacy on Master Zhar Lestin.

Quote Originally Posted by Assassination13 View Post
    Whoa, Space Dailies? It's even more grindy then mobs. Atleast while grinding mobs you can expect something different - like a crit or even an enemy player! While Space Missions are the most boring thing ever. It's so boring I haven't even bothered to record a macro for random bot with same mouse movement/clicking to finish those dailies for huge exp/time, because that involves doing them one more time to actually record stuff!
    You have made 3 'I quit because of x,y,z' posts in the last 2 weeks. What you still doing here?

Quote Originally Posted by Thornstar View Post
    I am only 35 atm, but I have found this to work really well. Between the space, pvp and FP dailies that is easily half a level. Then quest to ding then start over the next day.

15+ Year Old Account
    I only found that I hit a wall at 47... but then again, that was my fault for skipping almost 3 planets because i was hooked and under leveled for my class quest (I finished corellia just turning 48). I did pvp while leveling, but not as many FPs. Didn't want to get bored of them for the 50 grind (:

If you quest with somebody, or atleast do EVERY quest in the planet, you'll have no problem being 50 with lots of quests to spare.... It may be tedious, but the best way I like to level is kill EVERYTHING YOU SEE!!! It might take a bit longer, but you never know what you're going to find! (my guild hates me because I found SO many awsome items while leveling, and some didn't)

Havent had this problem (level 46 atm) I normally play 2-3 hours on weeknights...i try to squeeze in a FP daily along with some questing in that span and on weekends obviously i play more and just do whatever comes but i have found the leveling experience not crazy fast but not slow either...

R

Quote Originally Posted by WoW6000 View Post
    Hey Guys,
    One of my normal posts about leveling, Well im having trouble leveling from 41 to 50 i guess...
    the quests seem to be giving me a low amount of xp which makes me do more not my sorta thing tbh
    so i try Warzones - Were losing all the time, so i just dont know what to do... anyone got some reasonable solutions
    also i have my class quest in belsavis (Again not my thing with travelling all over to do it)
    By the way im Sith Juggernaut - Immortal
    also im thinking of leveling up a marauder a bit but im not to sure if i should yet could i get some tips on that too?
    Lots of thanks
    WoW6000
    You are gonna have to at least do the class missions at some point. Not sure why you want to start a Marauder when you are already having issues with leveling either. Especially one that shares the story with your current class. Your best bet is going to be to take a break. Hitting the wall happens to some people. It's probably happened to every single veteran MMO player at some point. I know I've hit it multiple times. Either tough it out and finish questing to 50 or take a break. That's really about it.

Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    It may be tedious, but the best way I like to level is kill EVERYTHING YOU SEE!!!
    I'm doing more of this "killing everything I see" on my other toons. I'm also doing a lot more of the crafting missions for lockboxes/whatever, and having some really good luck with crazy awesome drops.
    SW:TOR: Kina Legacy on Drooga's Pleasure Barge, formerly Senjak Legacy on Master Zhar Lestin.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    You really do hit a wall in the 41-50 leveling range. I'm leveling a Commando now, but it was really an issue as a JG. Mobs just seem to take forever to kill and quests don't provide that much XP. About the only thing that I can suggest is to break it up. Do some PvP, space missions, and FPs with friends.

One big thing that you want to plan in advance for is your level 40 PvP set. You can gear yourself up through PvP as you go, but plan ahead and grab your entire level 40 set and put it in the bank. That level 40 set can really help you when you hit 40 to overcome the hump. I didn't plan accordingly my first time around. On my Commando, I had an entire set for myself, Aric and Elara. It helped a lot.
    Just be aware if you do decide to do this you will gimp yourself pretty bad at 50, unless you plan on doing 50+ WZ's to make up for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Take a day or two off, sit your dude in the cantina and get him full rested. That's what I'm doing atm. My SI is on the back burner getting rested while I lvl a jk.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    Just be aware if you do decide to do this you will gimp yourself pretty bad at 50, unless you plan on doing 50+ WZ's to make up for it.
    I tend to PvP a lot in TOR. I never liked it in WoW, but love it in TOR for some reason. It hasn't seemed to hinder me as of yet.