/cast !Aspect of the Fox
    /cast Steady Shot

but I read on several sites (mmo-champ, aj) that this one is better:

/castsequence reset=1 !Aspect of the Fox, null
    /cast Steady Shot

Finally, on one of his videos, the famous hunter Brang posted his version:

/cast Steady Shot
    /castsequence reset=1 !Aspect of the Fox, null

Can some macro-expert please explain the differences and why one is better than another?

From what I can get, the second version is better in that you can press the button twice in the span of one second without triggering one more reapplication of the aspect. Is that correct? And could it be improved?

Since Steady Shot has a long cast time those three are pretty much all the same.

However, if you're choosing to go the route of macroing Aspects into your shots, I found the best to be something like:
    Code:
    #showtooltip Steady Shot
    /castsequence reset=2 !Aspect of the Fox, null
    /cast Steady Shot
    The only difference is it will be a little less annoying when spammed.

It also doesn't matter what you write for null, it could say Banana Waffles, or X, and the macro will just not do anything since there's no such skill, then after 2 seconds of not being spammed it will go back to Fox again.

Having it first doesn't make sense, but it may just be for tooltip clarificiation, in that case you can just tell the tooltip what to say, to use the name of the Shot which comes later in the macro.

For instants like Chimera Shot or Arcane Shot, I'd use 1 as the reset timer, however like.

Code:
    #showtooltip Chimera Shot
    /castsequence reset=1 !Aspect of the Hawk, null
    /cast Chimera Shot

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Deleted
    Thank you very much for the help!

It would be great if you could explain to me one more thing:

http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/18...-macro-thread/

The link above shows what is considered the most advanced "aspect dancing" - swapping between two action bars. However, I don't understand how it works.. From what I can understand, both action bars do exactly the same thing, but on the first bar cobra/steady swith to the second bar, and on the second bar - aimed,chimera and arcane switch to the first bar.

What am I missing here?

Deleted
    Forces an action bar change so the aspect is switched only when needed without it being spammed (since sound effects are annoying otherwise) as would happen by simply macroing it in.

EDIT: Actually, strike that, it's weird. The macros don't seem to work to me.

Use these:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence [noactionbar:2]reset=1 !Aspect of the Fox,null
    /cast Steady Shot
    /changeactionbar [noactionbar:2]2
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence [noactionbar:2]reset=1 !Aspect of the Fox,null
    /cast Cobra Shot
    /changeactionbar [noactionbar:2]2
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence [noactionbar:1]reset=1 !Aspect of the Hawk,null
    /cast Aimed Shot
    /changeactionbar [noactionbar:1]1
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast Arcane Shot
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast Chimera Shot
    (Duplicate your action bar 1 onto action bar 2, use these macros on both bars - /castsequence is again used to prevent aspect switches when spamming the button, but it uses proper conditionals instead of wasting loads of macro space [and setup time]).
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-01-31 at 11:42 AM.

Deleted
    Isnt possible to macro in so you can supress the sound?

Ohh and another thing even tho aspects are on a seperate GCD they do interfear with your normal shots so it will be a slight delay if you keep spamming instants that all have the AoTH macroed in it will make it clutch or w/e you call it a bit.

Deleted
    Simply amazing!
    This seems to solve all aspect dancing related problems, since "/cast !Aspect of the hawk" really DOES cause delays when spamming instants, even though aspects are on separate cooldowns.

Thank you very much for your help! As I see it, this solution has no downsides! Can't wait to get back home and test it, but on theory, it looks EXACTLY like what i've been looking for

Edit:
    Do you know if the conditionals "no/actionbar:X" work with bartender 4? Even if they don't, it's no big deal, i'll just abandon it in favor of the default UI
    Again, thank you for helping me
    Last edited by mmocf92f1f87d7; 2012-01-31 at 11:00 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregz21 View Post
    Do you know if the conditionals "no/actionbar:X" work with bartender 4?
    They sure do, but it's possible that BT4 already uses page 2 for one of your other bars. If this is the case, you can either switch said other bar to another action bar page (in the action bar's paging settings) or substitute the '2's in above macro for another number between 3 and 6 that is unused.

PS: You can select the bar to use these macros on with the "default action bar paging" (or something along those lines) toggle in the BT4 config if they aren't on bar1 (for which I believe this is enabled by default).