Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I would definitly get the 4 set regardless of the mode. Even on 10 man there are several fights where the 5% increase is much better than the small loss in stats.
    However I would reccomend also keeping the other items for fights (talking mostly 10 mans here) where HR does not hold a huge percentage of healing. It is not hard to swap between the 2 gear sets depending on fight.

As for Ultraxion. You should be 2 healing it the first few times and then solo healing from then on. When 2 healing it I would get Red and Blue and our Shaman would get green.
    Now I am solo healing the fight I just grab Red and the boss dies so fast the blue buff doesn't even spawn anymore.
    Alot of Raid Leaders will mistakingly think "We need 3 healers because the boss does epic damage at the end and we need 3 healers to cover it." They do not think "well maybe if we use 2 or even 1 healers we could probably kill the boss before he reaches the epic damage phase that needed more healers." You should always be trying to go for the least amount of healers as possible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest View Post
    Nillo's right about the diminished value of 4p in 10 man (stemming from the diminished value of HR in that format). I've only ever raided with a 25 man guild and so tend to forget the 10 man scenarios. I often make the mistake of assuming everyone raids 25 when the truth is not even close. Only 6.4% of raiding guilds are of the 25 man variety. We're a dying breed...
    It's still used a lot even in 10m though, certainly enough to justify losing a little int and trading some haste for crit. Pretty much the only fight where I don't use HR is heroic Hagara, and even then if we were using the stack-mid-ice-phase strat I'd use it a lot. And I'm doing heroics, in normal modes it's used even more (ie: Morchok, Zon'ozz and Spine normal).

Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    id love to raid 25s again...10s are so dissapointing.
    More like the other way round - too many slackers who don't care about anything ruin 25 man. And with the declining population on some servers 25 man are just dying out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy fuck I hope you get replaced from your raid if you believe 70 intellect and 200 haste is better than 20% increase of the most overpowered heal in the game. (Yes, it's only 5%, but he himself believed it was 20%).
    Vol'jin fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by RavenGage View Post
    It's still used a lot even in 10m though, certainly enough to justify losing a little int and trading some haste for crit. Pretty much the only fight where I don't use HR is heroic Hagara, and even then if we were using the stack-mid-ice-phase strat I'd use it a lot. And I'm doing heroics, in normal modes it's used even more (ie: Morchok, Zon'ozz and Spine normal).
    Don't really see much of a use in HR @ Hagara, Blackhorn (raid usually too far apart), Spine (the only aoe damage is from barrel rolls and 9 stack amalgamations rest is DL spam) and on Yor'Sahj heroic (with purple being up most of the time => DL spam).

---------- Post added 2012-01-31 at 02:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shawaam View Post
    Holy fuck I hope you get replaced from your raid if you believe 70 intellect and 200 haste is better than 20% increase of the most overpowered heal in the game. (Yes, it's only 5%, but he himself believed it was 20%).
    His raid is currently doing normal mode Ultraxion - what do you expect? !_!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    His raid is currently doing normal mode Ultraxion - what do you expect? !_!
    I expect him to understand simple math... :P
    Vol'jin fanboy

gotta agree with the other healers.. and people in this thread.. unless u never have any aoe dmg in a raid .. holy radiance is the bomb..even a 5% increase to it makes so much difference.... today we had no hpally in our raid so a resto sham got the blue crystal instead.. ultra spam healing rain was nice but its not as op as ultra HR.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawaam View Post
    Wow. Was that as fun for you as it was for me?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    Don't really see much of a use in HR @ Hagara, Blackhorn (raid usually too far apart), Spine (the only aoe damage is from barrel rolls and 9 stack amalgamations rest is DL spam) and on Yor'Sahj heroic (with purple being up most of the time => DL spam).
    Hagara there is zero unless you use the stack up strat for ice, in which case it'll likely be your top heal or close to it. Gunship heroic there's quite a bit of it in phase 2, and always a little in phase 1 and spine on normal pretty much the only part where anyone is in danger of dying is when you stack for barrel roll so HR is still quite important there. The same for Yor'sahj, most of the fight might be DL/WoG but that part of the fight is easy, judging by all the "help on Yor" threads on these forums the main killer for guilds is YRB which is all HR spam.

I'm not disagreeing that obviously you don't use it as much as in 25m but it's still used during they key moments in a lot of fights. Although it does vary wildly based on strats and group comps, I use it quite a bit since I run with a Shaman who handles tank healing very well.
    Last edited by mmocf1640b68b7; 2012-01-31 at 07:11 PM.