Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    New scholar armor

Norn in Khylo

Norn in PVP lobby

---------- Post added 2012-01-31 at 06:16 PM ----------

I assume that GWI has a beta deal, and is getting approval to show screens, it's just a shame that they seem to have a pc with a 20" 4:3 display, and graphics card capable of low/medium quality settings.

Shexy

/10asura

On second look yh...actually not quite as shexy
    Def not the same resolution as we're used to seeing from Anet.
    Last edited by Squirrelbanes; 2012-01-31 at 08:31 AM.

Are those guild claimable keeps?
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

With todays screens from GWInsider I get the feeling these weren't taken at max settings. They don't look bad by any means, but they also don't look as good as the ones ANet typically releases. It feels like this guy got to press print screen on a random PC in ANet's office and take the pic with him. I dunno, something is off.

It looks quite good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    <snippers>

---------- Post added 2012-01-31 at 06:16 PM ----------

[/COLOR]I assume that GWI has a beta deal, and is getting approval to show screens, it's just a shame that they seem to have a pc with a 20" 4:3 display, and graphics card capable of low/medium quality settings.
    Oh dear, now I want a Norn Scholar oh well, having 10 characters upon release isn't bad is it?

Norn in PVP lobby

Anything more and you begin to sacrifice mobility

Quote Originally Posted by Lefuu View Post
    Anything more and you begin to sacrifice mobility
    <snip video>
    For a scholar I'd say, okay fine. But I don't want to see female warriors/guardians with flesh exposing armors, unless you want them to be meatshields of course.

Deleted
    I would love it if this is what the game looks like on low settings Still looks really nice.

10+ Year Old Account

[COLOR="red"]

Skin texture on the Asura is new.
    Blue enemy in the last pic seems to have a target circle on the ground instead of a target aura.
    Last edited by Mif; 2012-02-01 at 02:28 AM.

Blue enemy in the last pic seems to have a target circle on the ground instead of a target aura.
    And the landmines Mif! Sure that made u smile
    I noticed the circle...that's much better and really hope it's a change...the auras was one of the very few things on my list of things I didn't like... >.>

Deleted
    <snip pics>
    Is it just me do the red and blue team colors seem darker than what we were shown at G-Star? Also the armors have different hues of each color instead of straight red or blue, new?

10+ Year Old Account
    Missed a few, thanks to excessive white space on their page

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    And the landmines Mif! Sure that made u smile
    I noticed the circle...that's much better and really hope it's a change...the auras was one of the very few things on my list of things I didn't like... >.>
    Based of the new pics, enemies seem to have a ring but allies still have the green aura (see 3 pic in Mif's post, the one with the mines).

I like the red target circle. I didnt like the red outlines and i deffinatly dont like the green outlines around NPCs hope they change that too it makes everything seem flat.

Quote Originally Posted by nektar View Post
    Based of the new pics, enemies seem to have a ring but allies still have the green aura (see 3 pic in Mif's post, the one with the mines).
    Yh didn't see that at first...
    ...well, I'll hope then that they've only implemented that baddies circle so far
    And yes, it definitely seems like it's only "targeted" enemies. I wonder why they removed red auras from enemies, put in a red targeted enemy circle, but kept in the green auras......odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    I like the red target circle. I didnt like the red outlines and i deffinatly dont like the green outlines around NPCs hope they change that too it makes everything seem flat.
    Agreed, totally ruins my immersion tbh

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a thought with the quality on these.

GuildWarsInsider made a point to say that they received these pics from ArenaNet, so that rules out GWI being in the beta and having a shit PC. Now we all know the story about ArenaNet buying old graphics cards on eBay to test/develop on, and from pictures we know staff computers run dual 4:3 displays, so to me that hints at a staffer taking these screenshots on one of those computers, which explains the low quality and stupid resolution.

Just a thought with the quality on these.

GuildWarsInsider made a point to say that they received these pics from ArenaNet, so that rules out GWI being in the beta and having a shit PC. Now we all know the story about ArenaNet buying old graphics cards on eBay to test/develop on, and from pictures we know staff computers run dual 4:3 displays, so to me that hints at a staffer taking these screenshots on one of those computers, which explains the low quality and stupid resolution.
    Yeah...that's a good enough explanation for me
    Regardless, we've seen enough very good quality pics to know that GW2 looks amazing. And I think we know enough about Anet and Umbra to rest assured that we're not seeing a drop in quality, a la tor, during beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow the arrows look amazing, so detailed with the tail/glow etc , If the graphics look that good on shitty pc/res then wow i dont think there will be any issues in that regard. Thanks for those Pics Mif,

[URL="http://i.imgur.com/U2Xn7.jpg"]

inb4 anyone else.

Hmm yes, arrows shooting, I am.