Thread: GW2 Peripherals

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    I always moving left. If I have to move around a character to his back I go from the left side..if I have to escape from a monster that it is in my left side and also want to do this by moving side, then I will instantly turn (with mouse + mouse right button) 180 and then again move left :P
    That seems extremely ineffective... you cant attack things behind you and you take more damage from the back. :\

Quote Originally Posted by Sackman View Post
    Indeed lol, it takes 0.x seconds to move your finger to the appropriate key and press it so unless you need to HOLD DOWN WASD at the same time the OP's concern is redundant. Completely.
    The entire point of my post is that you should be holding down WASD at any time as there seems to be no penalty for moving.
    Last edited by masterpiece; 2012-02-02 at 11:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by masterpiece View Post

The entire point of my post is that you should be holding down WASD at any time as there seems to be no penalty for moving.
    There is no reason you can't. Your index finger is doing nothing, the other 3 fingers are on WASD.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Anyone who played the WoW arena knows all too well you can have keybinds and still move around freely just fine, same with anyone whos played AoC as melee or a ton of other games for that matter, this is just not a problem if you bind your keys properly.

Mouse 3
    Mouse 4
    Mouse 5
    Shift Mouse 3
    Shift Mouse 4
    Shift Mouse 5
    Scroll up
    Scroll down
    Shift scroll up
    Shift scroll down

You don't need specialized equipment. You could also do alt or control modifers, but those are slightly more difficult.

And of course, there's the easy binds if you need more, like 123, q, e, f, ect.

But for GW2, you only need 10 plus the weapon switch, or whatever that class uses.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-02-03 at 10:16 AM.

That seems extremely ineffective... you cant attack things behind you and you take more damage from the back. :\
    it seems ineffective to someone who haven't tried it or used to it and just imagine it :P Trust me I have no problem at all...I said when I have too move side I move to the left..of course if someone chase me I am not moving to the side...in this case I enable auto run and with my middle mouse button I look back (I always put on middle mouse button bind the opposite angle camera..) and if the game don't have the option I manually turn the camera with left mouse button...it is just because you are not used too that it seems ineffective to you.
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.