Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    God, some of these people make me wish I was a woman so I could go around aborting babies all willy-nilly just to piss them off.

Seriously, it's a woman's (or couple's) choice whether or not they want to have a child. Accidents can happen, and saying you shouldn't have sex if you don't want a kid is like saying you shouldn't drive if you don't want a semi to veer into the oncoming lane and turn you into hamburger. If you don't like abortions, don't have one. If you don't like meat, don't eat it. But don't try and pull out some bullshit A to C reasoning without even attempting to include B in there, and tell everyone they're murderers.

As for adoption, do you have any idea how hard it is to get a child put into a decent family where they won't get beaten or molested? It's like child rape roulette, and that's in the best case scenario where the kid actually gets adopted out and doesn't stay in a group home until they're 18. Some people don't like the idea of carrying a baby to term, then parting with it, possibly never knowing if it turned out okay. It's hard enough to have an abortion when the thing's still a parasitic organism, let alone willfully handing it over to strangers after spending nine months nurturing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's completely fine to show people what they are removing before they remove it. If the fetus is still not living, it will still look like nothing, and there will be no "cheating people into thinking they want to keep it".

If it actually looks human, it probably already lives, and I won't go into it much further, but when you want to kill off something that lives, showing someone how it looks, and giving them a chance to not kill it, is quite okay.

And now don't go saying stuff about the fact I used the word "kill", if something lives, and afterwards it doesn't, you call that killing. It's the same term when you're talking about a process on your computer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phenom568 View Post
    How, the only thing the government can be accused of here is providing you with information, visual information. And you need information to make the correct decision.

Besides an Opinion is "a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty."
    Except when a pro-life doctor delays your ultrasound and the ultrasound is schedule past the window of time you have to get the abortion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, how is showing people how something looks before you abort it, going in against their free will? Explain that, while keeping my previous post in mind. Yeah, there is no solid explanation for that >.<...

Quote Originally Posted by cadewinegar View Post
    Could someone please tell me why Americans want to enable people to make choices and NOT live with the consequences?

Sex is a choice. You can choose not to take part in the REPRODUCTIVE act of our species. If you CHOOSE to do it, you must live with the consequences.

Why in the world would you support abortion? Help someone understand the LOGIC.

(Excluding rape, I am talking about consensual sex obviously)
    Would you force someone to let a tumor grow in their lungs when they smoke their whole life? It was their choice to smoke, now they live with the consequences right?

Decision making doesn't stop at conception. We're sentient creatures capable of understanding ourselves and our potential to raise a human, just like we can understand that it's not a human, rather an opportunity to become a human.

Deleted
    Christ.
    It's not that difficult, people.

Upgrade your sexual education - and maybe encourage the use of contraceptions instead of the ridiculously utopian ideal of abstinence.
    That will drastically decrease your abortion rates.

But we all know the abortion RATES aren't what they're out to target with these bills. It's the abortions.

Quote Originally Posted by Szemere View Post
    Also, how is showing people how something looks before you abort it, going in against their free will? Explain that, while keeping my previous post in mind. Yeah, there is no solid explanation for that >.<...
    Because you take the decision to look at it out of their hands...

I thought that was obvious.

15+ Year Old Account
    Look I will explain it. The info given has nothing to do with the abortion itself.
    They already know they are pregnant, they already wish to make an abortion.
    Forcing a woman to take an ultrascan along with the info (that is useless) is only made to make it harder for the woman to go through with it and/or trying to give her guilt feelings.

There is a reason most states and most democracies in the western world want to keep the process of abortion as painless for the woman both physically and mentally as possible for the woman.
    This bill is a rape onthese womens human rights nothing more to say really. Sad but thats what you get with religious people.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

I don't know about America, but here in the UK the abortion law is a disgrace.
    Legal up to 24 weeks....unbelievable. Premature babies have survived being born at 20 weeks.
    If you can't support the child, then don't take the risk in the first place - simples.
    Abortion should be completely illegal.
    Don't play the rape card either. Why should a child be punished and killed ( or aborted...not much difference) for something it isn't responible for.

There are sooo many resources and people willing to take care of your kid. Killing it should have never been an option.

"I don't want to see it"
    "Sorry you have to"

That's going against their free will.

Oh, sorry, forgot, you'd rather let them be murdered before they even GET that choice.
    I was unaware that cells had the ability to form opinions. I think you're confusing the potential for life with actual life. Again.

And honestly, while I'm glad you don't... if you truly believe people are killing real babies, how on earth do you justify doing nothing about it other than fuming over the Internet? I suspect you were probably fine with going to war with Iraq because their country killed some of it's own people (that was one of the final arguments as I recall), so why are you not volunteering for an army to take up arms against your own country for killing its own people? If I thought babies were being killed, I'd certainly do more than write letters to my congressman. Is it because somewhere deep down you realize the argument that cells are people too is just... wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Eximess View Post
    Don't play the rape card either. Why should a child be punished and killed ( or aborted...not much difference) for something it isn't responible for.
    Why should a woman be punished for something she isn't responsible for?

Christ, people. I mean, really.

Quote Originally Posted by cadewinegar View Post
    Could someone please tell me why Americans want to enable people to make choices and NOT live with the consequences?

Sex is a choice. You can choose not to take part in the REPRODUCTIVE act of our species. If you CHOOSE to do it, you must live with the consequences.

Why in the world would you support abortion? Help someone understand the LOGIC.

(Excluding rape, I am talking about consensual sex obviously)
    To prevent widespread back-alley abortions rapes, deaths, and mangled procedures that maim women in countries that think like you do. Your thoughts live on the paper of theory and don't translate well to the real world, which is quite gray.

Abortion is a choice, and a right. You only force birth to be the consequence when you remove that right. We call that begging the question.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhatred View Post
    There are sooo many resources and people willing to take care of your kid. Killing it should have never been an option.
    That's funny, because if we support certain institutions or demographics then it becomes "welfare" and we get closer to becoming a "socialized" nation. Also, AFAIK the process of adoption in the U.S. is very bureaucratic, slow and as obscure as credit scores.

KEEP THE GUBBERMENT OUT OF MY LIFE.

BUT GO TELL THIS RANDOM WOMAN I'VE NEVER MET THAT SHE CAN'T HAVE AN ABORTION. AND GO TELLS THOSE HOMOSEXUALS THEY CAN'T MARRY.

Christ, how more hypocritical can these pro-lifers get?

By the way, a "fetus" can't even survive until the point of viability is at 25 weeks if the fetus has medical treatment. It's not until much later that it can actually survive "on it's own" (Meaning it can digest milk/food/expel excrement/ect).

Am I a mass-murderer when I fire off some knuckle children? HANG ME FOR WAR CRIMES.

1.Years spent working on and passing that bill. What a wonderful waste of taxpayer money.
    2. The Government, whether Federal, State, or Local, should have one job. That one job is to protect the rights they espouse every time they send the poor and middle-class off to die in pointless wars. This does not protect rights, it restricts it.
    3. The ONLY reason some politicians consider this an issue is because the Church tells them it is. I don't tolerate politicians that "preach" through legislation. There was a reason "seperation of Church and State" was added.
    4. "Social Conservative" typically means Republican. I find it more than a little disturbing that Republicans will willfully take away the rights of law abiding citizens, while granting full pardons to convicted murderers.

I want less Government in my life. Not more.

Quote Originally Posted by eriseis View Post
    That's funny, because if we support certain institutions or demographics then it becomes "welfare" and we get closer to becoming a "socialized" nation. Also, AFAIK the process of adoption in the U.S. is very bureaucratic, slow and as obscure as credit scores.
    That's what I don't understand.

People act all righteous when they speak out about abortion. But some of these same people want to cut spending on the social programs.

There are not sooo many resources and people willing to take care of your kid. I know people who work in social services, and it's a nightmare trying to get most of them placed anywhere even temporarily. Also, the same people who want to force you to have the child are almost always the same people who are trying to destroy any government programs that offer resources to help you, which I find terribly ironic.

Also, and most importantly, it's not a kid.

If churches want to get involved in politics and push nonsensical bullshit like this, then they completely deserve to have their tax-free status revoked.

The church is no different from a union, except it thinks its the shit and everything else is beneath it.