Deleted

maw of the dragonlord + ledger of revolting rituals VS Visage of the destroyer

Wich is best for holy priest?

Cannot post links since I'm new here

but staff from Warmaster or DW mace + ultraxion off-hand

before the buff of it procing off santuary maw and ledger where still better, now that it can proc off sanc it will be beast, esp in 25 mans

It's most definitely the maw plus ledger. The maw does anywhere from 4-8% of total healing for our healers, fight dependent. With the patch change, it will go up for priests now, so it's even better.

Deleted
    Thank you

This made our priest pass it along to people who needed it more

Always Maw! Make sure you're always positioning yourself behind people, it heals a cone in front of you 10yds but is wider than LoD
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Deleted
    Edit: nevermind, i'm stupid :P
    Last edited by mmoc1b009d603f; 2012-01-31 at 11:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got the normal Visage and used it until I got LFR Maw and have the normal Offhand, but I would still say LFR Maw+LFR Offhand > Normal Staff. I mean I switch them out ddepending on the fight but if there is any stacking done whatsoever then Maw wins, the healing done even if its 5% is great.

Sadly, since TBC, staves have been worse option than 1H+OH.

Still waiting for blizzard to realize that...

Deleted
    It depends on your positioning and (of course) on how the raid moves. In DS the encounters are predestinated for "stand as a group and don't move", so Maw will hit many targets most of the time. In fights with heavy movement all over the time (don't exist in this content) staff from blackhorn might be slightly better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayreon View Post

Thats not really whats discussing here, the fact that the proc on maw is so good makes it better then a 2h not because a 1h is always better then a 2h.

Deleted
    Gunship Staff all other fights Maw+Offhand in 10man perspective.

Maw is also around 6% free healing for me, can be more cuz it has also an overhealing of around 40%.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Thats not really whats discussing here, the fact that the proc on maw is so good makes it better then a 2h not because a 1h is always better then a 2h.
    Its still a better combo, staffs that drops in DS have a red gem slot which counters the 40int enchant.
    But they also put a red gem slot on the off hands, so basicly it changed nothing. 1 hand+offhand still gives more intellect and intellect is still the best stat we can get.

And the maw change for holy word: sanctuary.
    Well its great it can proc of this spell but i never noticed a drop in Procs compared to disc.
    So why excited about it when it basicly changes nothing much imo.
    Last edited by mmoc3c8522fde4; 2012-02-01 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayreon View Post

In t12, Kho'gun+goblet was only 4 int better than Censer after all enchants, gems, bonuses. The only real reason for MH was spell power, and the only reason we didn't use Sho'varon was poor itemization for healing. Blizzard evened out the difference. They've just decided to take away all choice in the matter, a different subject entirely. Maw's proc can't be beaten, except in phase 1 warship.

The mace is excellent. I have the heroic version of visage and yet I still use Maw+ Heroic Goblet of Anger from Firelands. (We have STILL not seen ONE oh from Ultrax!!!)

Would maw/oh be better than 2h in 10 man? The maw just seems really lack luster for me as disc in a 10 man setting.
    "I promise Stormbolts dmg isnt broken"
    Patbottoms-Dalaran, US

Deleted
    Would maw/oh be better than 2h in 10 man? The maw just seems really lack luster for me as disc in a 10 man setting.
    As allready said, because of the outstanding proc maw will be best choice for all encounters without heavy movement and with long time spans where the raid stands together. Of course the proc may come to effect in 25 man more than in 10 man, but nevertherless i would check my positioning and as a second step the positioning of the raid before i switched back to Blackhorn mace or something ,) Have you allready checked your logs?

The proc from Maw of the Dragonlord is amazing. And don't forget it's free healing, no mana cost.

Deleted
    Got my maw this tuesday, tried it yesterday in LFR and instantly fell in love with it. 200k heals every 15 sec on ultraxion ftw :P

I have yet to try it in 10man (raiding tonight) but i can't imagine 2-300 in secondary stats outperforming the proc.
    Also remember that maw has more int and spellpower than other normal mode weapons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Markofcain View Post
    As disc last Ultraxion fight it did 7.7% healing for me in a 10man setting.
    It procs of everything we do, atonement, Glyph PW:S and PoH and it can proc of a PoM bounce.
    As long as u position ur self properly, due to low amount of stacking on Hagara (Unless u stay in melee group) as im mostly eating ice lances and bind-heal the tank/icelance targets. Im using the Dagger (forgot name) instead of Maw, depending on ur strat on gunship it might be usefull to use the Maw there as well. I dont meself as im not stacked with the ranged group and for obvious reasons not stacked with the melee.

Me and the other healer stand away from each other the ranged are grouped up so we have always 1 healer standing still to heal the tank when the other moves. This makes my Maw (390) less usefull and i go for more int/sp and haste on the 397 dagger.

Stood in the Fire PromiscuousPenguin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Markofcain View Post
    I am still stuck with the LFR version of Maw (Dw yday for example dropped 2x blade of the unmaker which were ofc de'd as our filthy rogue is working is way up to the legendary daggers :/) but even so I still love it as Disc in 10 man. The highest healing I got from it was 10% on Ultraxion. :-)