Poll: What actions would you take?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

in the heat of the moment, you KILL someone

let's say you caught your significant other cheating on you and in the heat of the moment, you kill the man/woman having an affair with your wife/husband.

considering your spouse would NOT turn you in, what would you do?
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

Deleted
    Since I never act on emotion, this would not happen and if it did, it turn myself in since I was obviously drugged or framed somehow. If I found my husband cheating like this and walked in, I'd just go "right".. walk out and delete all hes contacts and kick him out if it's my house or move back to my house if it's hes.

I'm not saying I wouldn't be hurt or wouldn't care. It's just killing for revenge or for anything other than self defense is out of the question, I haven't actually even thought about it, ever. I always get even behind the scenes or through others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Acting in the heat of the moment... is always a bad idea.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Realistically speaking, this would never happen, but since this is a theoretical topic...I would probably have a serious freak-out fit afterwards and turn myself in. I would never be able to live with the guilt of killing someone - let alone killing someone and trying to get away with it.

Hell, even if it was self-defense, I'd be freaking out. The thought of taking away a human life like that is absolutely horrific, and the people who do it (particularly pre-med murders) are on a whole other level of something I will never be able to understand.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would take all evidence, including the body and all of our clothes, the murder weapon, etc.and incinerate/melt it all with homemade thermite.The molten slag and ashes will be dumped in the ocean. I would then repaint all rooms that have blood in them with thick lead based paint. I would ask my wife if any of her friends, or his, knew about their relationship. if they met through an intermediary such as a dating website, records would be stolen or removed from their database. All links of the victim to ourselves must be cut. If he had a car I would take his keys and ditch it off a cliff in the most remote location I can. (There's quite a few around here.) I think that covers everything. Note: I'm not one to freak out so i doubt it would ever come to this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soleis View Post
    I would take all evidence, including the body and all of our clothes, the murder weapon, etc.and incinerate/melt it all with homemade thermite.The molten slag and ashes will be dumped in the ocean. I would then repaint all rooms that have blood in them with thick lead based paint. I would ask my wife if any of her friends, or his, knew about their relationship. if they met through an intermediary such as a dating website, records would be stolen or removed from their database. All links of the victim to ourselves must be cut. If he had a car I would take his keys and ditch it off a cliff in the most remote location I can. (There's quite a few around here.) I think that covers everything. Note: I'm not one to freak out so i doubt it would ever come to this.
    Problem is if he had any friends and told them about visiting your wife, your home would be the first place for investigation. And the detectives might wonder why you just recently repainted rooms with thick lead based paint. Etc etc. Getting away with murder when there is a motive must be one of the hardest things ever.

Dispose of the evidence and see where it goes from there. Maybe kill the spouse too.

10+ Year Old Account
    You kidding? It's your spouses fault, not the other person's.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakatashi View Post
    You kidding? It's your spouses fault, not the other person's.
    Exactly. I can never understand why people get so angry over the other person, I would assume that a majority of the people don't know they're already in a committed relationship.

As a couple of people already said before, I would never, ever have this happen. I'm an extremely logical person, and rarely act upon impulse. That said, this is a hypothetical, so if this would happen, I would end up turning myself in. I couldn't live with myself for killing someone, heat of the moment or not.

Why kill the person my wife is having the affair with rather than my wife? She's responsible, she dies.

knock them both out.. drag them outside when its dark... dig graves... then kill them silently with a knife or something.. knock out all the teeth and burn the bodys somehow... try figuring out their dna now lol.

Deleted
    I'd turn myself in. I wouldn't kill someone for that though.. Doubtful I'd kill anyone if they're not threatening me with death and even then I'd find it hard to do.

Saying you never act on emotion is a bunch of bullshit. It is pretty easy to sit here talking hypothetically and say you would never do something but when you are actually thrust into that situation if anyone would or even could act reasonably it would be amazing. You may not kill the guy but to say that you have never acted on emotion or wouldn't do something drastic is just you lying to yourself.

Hypothetically if I ever killed someone like this, if I was loaded I would hire OJ Simpson's lawyer if I wasn't I would leave the country.

Deleted
    kill wife , kill the other , smoke some weed and go to bed. trying to keep it secret as long as possible and then go to jail ( only l;ike 5 years here in holland anyway so )

Deleted
    I wouldn't do it. Just leave my wife and get on with my life I guess.

I would definitely kill my wife before I killed anyone she was cheating with.

I would kill my wife not the guy she's sleeping with. But to answer your question I would dispose of the body properly but not change my name and all the other stuff.
    Last edited by anveena; 2012-02-01 at 01:09 AM.

If I killed a guy in a fit of passion because my wife was cheating on him? I'd hop into his car, and drive it off a cliff. Since you can't arrest a dead man, I'd get away witrh it! It's the perfect murder AND I get away scott free to live my life without fear of legal repurcussions!

....Wait....

Step 1: Dispose of the body. Not under my verandah, because I'm not a fucking idiot.
    Step 2: Be cool.
    Step 3: Have a back-up plan in case suspicion is actually aroused. Back up plan being "It was my wife! She beats me and I'm scared she killed someone".
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

Strange to see the results so far. The reality is that most people would be riddled with guilt and wouldn't be able to live with the fact that they did something so horrible. Funny to read a few people's comments though. Somewhat disturbing actually.