Deleted

Class/Role solidarity in LFR

So I have been running the LFR with several alts recently and have experienced it from all 3 roles and I have noted something:

As healers and dpsers will usually be the first to whine against each other (“Look at his HPS/DPS!!!§§1!§”), I noticed that tanks are usually supportive of each other, even when they were to share the same token.
    As an illustration, as I have never been yelled at for my HPS or DPS, but as tank, I have received support twice by a fellow tank, once by a tank who was well geared and good willed who helped me roll on items etc, while another time a fellow tank from the same class as mine would ask me for advice and spontaneously offer to help me roll on X item. He even saved my skin while I was trying to get rid of the auto-attackers on Zon’ozz at Hagara, then someone who had been bitching against them the whole fight started yelling “Boot [me] if you want to stay in the raid!”. Apparently they reached the point to the vote and my fellow tank told them off.

Just wondering if you had witnessed such behaviour amongst other roles and why you’d think that’d be.

I've always tried to be helpful to other tanks. It promotes a healthier tanking environment and encourages more people to make tanking classes. If you are slaughtered by another tank whilst doing LFR, what would make you want to tank again?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've witnessed the opposite. People will jump at any opportunity to get rid of someone who may roll on their token. No kidding.

im always talking to the mages in my LFR groups and ask them if they want a piece really bad and then i roll for them. it's called mage solidarity!

i could give a shit less about my token.. i, as a healer, want to get rid of those underperforming. Now, don't get me wrong, i'll inspect them to see if perhaps its gear related or spec, but if all is well, they're just mooching and i'll be the first to incite their early departure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Never ask for logic in a game that mails you dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by Jantasir View Post
    i could give a shit less about my token.. i, as a healer, want to get rid of those underperforming. Now, don't get me wrong, i'll inspect them to see if perhaps its gear related or spec, but if all is well, they're just mooching and i'll be the first to incite their early departure.

i really dont understand why people ask for ''early departure'' its LFR, its 15 manable. whats the problem with carrying some baddies. the only problem i have is with afk people.

some people are just trying to have fun and they are bad accept it and live with it! you will still be able to down bosses and at the very end the bad will be happy and you will be happy!

As a holy pally I really don't care if I'm doing 40% of the healing as long as people don't leave during loot rolls, go afk or Queue as a healer but dps the entire run.

My main is a tank, and I've found myself in the position of helping the other tank in LFR multiple times now. It's quite common for a new tank to jump into LFR to get their feet with tanking their first "raid", and not know exactly what to do for each encounter. Even if they haven't asked for help, on bosses that matter, I'll whisper them suggesting positioning and which adds to tank, etc... (e.g. Gunship, Spine, ...).

Having been a new tank once, and having played the other two roles too, I have to say, tanking is by far the scariest when you're first learning it. You have more chance to single-handedly wipe the group, and have to know and deal with more of the mechanics. As a result, when I see a new tank attempting their first LFR, my inclination is to help them out instead of somehow competing with them like dps may feel when they see a noob dps.

I haven't noticed this, but this crap about helping others roll seriously needs to stop. It's not up to you to decide who gets boosted chances or who doesn't. Just roll for stuff you need and pass on stuff you don't. If everyone only Needed when they, well, Need the entire system would work better.
    Originally Posted by Tseric
    When you can understand how a group of belligerent and angry posters can drive away people from this game with an uncrafted and improvisational campaign of misery and spin-doctoring, then perhaps, you can understand the decisions I make.

10+ Year Old Account
    I usually laugh at the LFR drama, but if you're a resto druid only pulling 6-7k hps on ultaxion, I'm sorry but I'm telling everyon to boot your ass. Don't feel like carrying you through madness.