Thread: Rogues

Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ...
28
36
37
38
  1. #741
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wakarimas View Post
    Mustve been the single worst rogue ever if he didnt kill you under 5 minutes. True story!
    It was my skillz.

  2. #742
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    It was my skillz.
    A 20 minute duel shows the exact opposite tbh. Anyways.. wont discuss this anymore since its offtopic!

  3. #743
    Not to harp on about how OP rogues are considered and add to the notion that they are one of the prime examples of the inherent imbalance in wow's pvp, but I was recently in a Wintergrasp battle (I join up every once in a while just for the heck of it and to work on my 100 victory achievement, or to get a quick and easy trip to Northrend) and I came across a rogue in full 403 Cata pvp gear, with both legendary daggers, and needless to say, pure 1 vs. 1 situation, he absolutely carved me up like I wasn't even there, multiple times.

    I've recently been playing both frost and unholy Dk, trying to decide which dps spec I like better, and in both, despite having my own full 403 pvp set and just under 5k resil, with a perfectly timed disarm, and every other cool down at his disposal, I wasn't any sort of trouble to him (we did defend the keep and win the battle though, although that's not hard at 85.) It especially sucked when he shadowstepped into the keep graveyard to camp us, and obviously my trinket was on cool down from the previous fight when he killed me, and so I just had to stand there and watch as he casually got my hp down one quarter - halfway in the space of one kidney shot. The best I could manage against him was to get his hp down about half way, but it was hard to take notice given his heals and the speed of every fight.

    Regardless, I was truly struck at just how easy it was for him to down me. I'd consider myself a competent pvp'er, and I think Dk's are reasonably well suited to dealing with most other classes, and I already know that a rogue with BOTH legendaries is already going to be hard to beat, but damn, I was seriously left scratching at my head as to how I could possibly do it, and I typically find rogues easy to deal with so long as you get the jump on them, keep up dot's, spam howling blast which they can't avoid and death grip them back in when they try and run away (which, as we all know, as rogues, they inevitably do or will the moment the fight doesn't go their way )
    Last edited by wtfmansrsly; 2012-03-27 at 01:51 AM.

  4. #744
    Deleted
    In all seriousness, death coil should hit COSing rogues. That ability is really really getting old.

    Quote Originally Posted by wakarimas View Post
    A 20 minute duel shows the exact opposite tbh. Anyways.. wont discuss this anymore since its offtopic!
    Well IDK if the rogue was bad or good, i cant tell any difference, the only thing you can notice is that bad rogues COS on bleeds.

  5. #745
    Deleted
    Rogues are way to OP.

    There is nothing to break there CC, they heal themselfs, vanish.....

    They roll-face over the keyboard and your dead, skills or no skills.

  6. #746
    Immortal Evolixe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    In the Shadows
    Posts
    7,143
    Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    In all seriousness, death coil should hit COSing rogues.
    Why? Because you feel so, or is there actually an argument there?

  7. #747
    The class itself is not overpowered (one of the best, but not overpowered), it's just the items they use (Legendary daggers, vial of shadows). These are quite massively overpowered in PvP (the main reason why PvE stuff shouldn't be allowed in Rated PvP) and allow rogues to have extreme burst damage and kill stuff in a single smoke bomb + kidney + dance. Which, combined with the class-typical ton of CC they have, makes them Gods right now.

    Rogues should in theory only do moderate damage, because then it would balance out the CC they have. With items like this however, they have no weakness.

  8. #748
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sjaaktrekhaak View Post
    Rogues are way to OP.

    There is nothing to break there CC, they heal themselfs, vanish.....

    They roll-face over the keyboard and your dead, skills or no skills.

    100% right, nuff said..

  9. #749
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Silvermoon City
    Posts
    5,075
    Quote Originally Posted by sjaaktrekhaak View Post
    100% right, nuff said..
    You're quoting yourself to give weight to your point of view? That's certainly an original approach in rhetoric.

  10. #750
    Deleted
    Rogues are so strong in pvp becasue they got almost everything.

    Short cd on stuns and gouge 10 sec.
    Shortest burst cd in game ( shadow dance 1 min )
    Dmg is not affected by armor that much ( Find weakness 70%)
    When playing improved recup spec and quickening they almost can't die.
    Great cc blind and redirect kidney both can be followed by vanish sap or shadow dance sap.

  11. #751
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    Why? Because you feel so, or is there actually an argument there?
    No argument. Rogues got everything and spits on warriors.

    Beast within? Nah stunned. Cos? Death coil immunity. Its about time to nerf rogues. Sorry but i had enough of sub rogues even if my bear eats them. Im unable to play anything else cause they are so broken its not funny.

  12. #752
    Quote Originally Posted by joepesci View Post
    Why doesn't he organize a dueling tournament? What's up with that nonsense in that video?
    He is on KT, which is one of the most competitive US-Servers anyway, so a lot of quality players there.
    Make a dueling tournament where the winner gets 1 million gold, and you have a more accurate list.
    He does what he wants, not what you want.
    Your powers are useless on me you silly billy...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •