Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LegitNapkins View Post
    How can Owen Wilson have an acting career?
    Good question, might have something to do with his busted and poorly healed nose? *shrug*
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    here, I'll fix whiffle bat light sabers for you.

Every jedi has a 99.9% chance to deflect a lightsaber. If it hits, you die instantly.

You think you hated RNG before?

Or even better!

Arcade fighter-styled combat: you and your opponent must attack and guard in real time, with a single hit being a killing blow. Except this is an MMO. Whoever has the better internet connection wins, because they won't be fucked over by lag quite as badly as the other guy.
    Last edited by gualdhar; 2012-02-01 at 08:01 AM. Reason: Expansion of ideas.
    Eire - 50 Balance and Kinetic Combat Shadow, Master Zhar Lestin server. Ace guild

Quote Originally Posted by gualdhar View Post
    here, I'll fix whiffle bat light sabers for you.

Every jedi has a 99.9% chance to deflect a lightsaber. If it hits, you die instantly.

You think you hated RNG before?
    What if I use my lightsaber throw? Can I be shot while my saber is twirling through the air?

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    What if I use my lightsaber throw? Can I be shot while my saber is twirling through the air?
    Yes you can.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but you can duck if you're *really* good. But then again it's easier to duck a thrown bat than a bullet.
    Eire - 50 Balance and Kinetic Combat Shadow, Master Zhar Lestin server. Ace guild

Yes, but you can duck if you're *really* good. But then again it's easier to duck a thrown bat than a bullet.
    What happens when someone throws a grenade at a jedi? Can I force-push it back automatically?

10+ Year Old Account
    What happens when someone throws a grenade at a jedi? Can I force-push it back automatically?
    Yes, because Jedi can use their lightsaber in one hand and use the other for telekinesis. It has been this way for decades.

How can a Jedi/Sith survive Mortar Volley/Death From Above or Orbital Strike/XS Freighter Flyby?

Yes, because Jedi can use their lightsaber in one hand and use the other for telekinesis. It has been this way for decades.
    I'm aware. I assumed we were still talking about changes to the game? If so I want a minigame to fight over that rock that Sorc just lifted from the ground with the force. Also, when I kill a Jedi, I want to be able to pick up his saber and use it... stupid color crystal restrictions.

It looks like you are looking for realism. Ever tried going outside?

Beskar'gam armour. I WIN! I WIN!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    I don't think everyone would be able to afford the Lightsaber equivalent of kevlar armor.

Wouldn't the force of the saber just destroy the bullets if the saber touched them?
    Certainly. Even a regular samurai sword will split a bullet in half, I've seen videos.

The problem is that they're coming at you on a pace of ten bullets / second and traveling faster than sound. I just don't see even a jedi swinging his light saber that fast. If they could, then two jedi fighting with light sabers would be just a big blur of light.

How does simbad keep getting work?
    Why do twilight movies keep getting made?
    Who decided kim kardashian was famous?
    Where is carmin sandiego?
    What is the air speed velocity of an unladen swollow?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    I don't get the point in what you're trying to do...
    Think he's trying to make a point that Star Wars: The old Republic doesn't feel much like Star Wars when you just stand there and slash away with light sabers not one shotting people

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rinleezwins View Post
    It looks like you are looking for realism. Ever tried going outside?
    Not a high enough level yet

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woebegone View Post
    Certainly. Even a regular samurai sword will split a bullet in half, I've seen videos.

The problem is that they're coming at you on a pace of ten bullets / second and traveling faster than sound. I just don't see even a jedi swinging his light saber that fast. If they could, then two jedi fighting with light sabers would be just a big blur of light.
    If you watch the movies, blaster fire is just slow enough to be visible, and rather inaccurate. Out of all the blaster shots being fired, they only have to actively deflect maybe one in 10 or 20. Foreseeably the Force would allow a Jedi to find the best path to advance on their targets while avoiding most of the blaster fire.

Bullets fired from a conventional automatic weapon are certainly more accurate than that, but I imagine the force would allow a jedi to determine where his targets were aiming, and avoid most of the fire accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Woebegone View Post

Fair enough. I was thinking something more like a bolt action rifle since I certainly wouldn't want to be close to an angry sith if I didn't have force powers. I thought the question was related to how would the bullet react instead of being deflected by the light.

---------- Post added 2012-02-01 at 04:35 AM ----------

If you watch the movies, blaster fire is just slow enough to be visible, and rather inaccurate. Out of all the blaster shots being fired, they only have to actively deflect maybe one in 10 or 20. Foreseeably the Force would allow a Jedi to find the best path to advance on their targets while avoiding most of the blaster fire.

Bullets fired from a conventional automatic weapon are certainly more accurate than that, but I imagine the force would allow a jedi to determine where his targets were aiming, and avoid most of the fire accordingly.
    And no, obviously the Imperial Elite Stormtroopers deployed on the Death Star are all mechanics and computer engineers, not Marksmen! :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Aww, sounds like someone thought this game was going to be Jedi Academy where you trash troopers as if they're a total joke. I guess not in this game...lol

Anyway emo QQ post is emo.