Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    Deleted

out of money. wtf to do

I am currently newly unemployed, and just recieved my last, smaller than usual paycheck.
    ive got a unemployment insurence, but it wont kick in until next month.

Due to my last paycheck being smaller and, me using my saving for a new computer, for school, i wont have enough money to cover my bills.

My rent is covered.
    but i got a 220 Dollars internet bill due.
    also i owe a friend about 200dollars, and he needs it as fast as possible, because he apperently owes money to badish people.
    i dont really know what to do. I got around 150-200 dollars for food, this month, and that is with the internet bill and friend left unpaied.

My friend insists i sell the computer i bought for starting school in a few months, to repay him his 200.-
    I told my friend im not going to sell the computer. because i dont think thats an reasonable way to go. having been a student before, i know how to live small foodwise, and told my friend i could give him, about 100.- this month. but he did not think it reasonable.

My bank ofcouse wont touch me, due to the unemployment issue, so they just keep telling me to make deals with my creditors.
    I think breaking the internet bill up over a few installments is possible. so it all really boils down to, how do i handle my friend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless you signed a legally binding contract with your friend, he can shove off. You can pay him back whenever you damn well please or heck, don't even have to.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Look for a job. Let the friend stew for a while. If he can't understand you're in financial straits right now, he's not being a very good friend. Sell something if you can. Let the internet bill wait. You can survive without internet for a while. Hell, I went for 2 years without internet when I was in college. Find an odd job you can do for some quick cash.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    he owes money to "baddish people" lol.. i think your friend can wait..
    "Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves."
    -Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Unless you signed a legally binding contract with your friend, he can shove off. You can pay him back whenever you damn well please or heck, don't even have to.
    Yeah, that's how real friends behave I tell mine to shove off all the time, they like that.

o.O

But yeah, he will have to wait a month or so.
    Ecce homo ergo elk

School is more important and if you bought that computer for school, tell your friend he can wait. Try to find a temp job, they suck, but hey, its money. Don't sell your computer.

10+ Year Old Account
    The friend can wait imho, and you say you're saving for a computer? Yeah if things get bad, dip into that money. Otherwise just look for a job and hope, and eat cheaply. Save money wherever you can. But yeah, the friend can wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...
    Check me out on youtube! Playthroughs of Diablo 3, Minecraft and many other games with daily content!

10+ Year Old Account
    Got anything else you can sell? Game console, trading cards, etc?

What kind of internet bill is that, is it for a full year or something?
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Lol at all of the people saying that you should tell your friend to shove off. When you needed money, he gave it to you.

You owe him $200. If he needs it now, you give it to him. If you have to sell some of your stuff to make it happen, do it.

Sad that you (and most of the people giving you advice) are putting a computer ahead of your "friend".

Deleted
    Sell the computer, pay your friend and your internet bill. If you have any money left over buy a cheaper computer for school, if it's just for school it hardly needs to be a beast of a machine.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's your education ahead of the temporary needs of a guy who was silly enough to borrow from "baddish people." The friend can scrimp to try to pay off his stuff just as easily as the OP can, and it means the OP is actually prepared for school.

The real thing here is that you should never borrow money from friends in the first place.

And again, forget the internet bill. The internet company can absorb that hit for a while, and you don't need internet to go to school. You do need a computer.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Braggia View Post
    Lol at all of the people saying that you should tell your friend to shove off. When you needed money, he gave it to you.

You owe him $200. If he needs it now, you give it to him. If you have to sell some of your stuff to make it happen, do it.

Sad that you (and most of the people giving you advice) are putting a computer ahead of your "friend".
    This. If you tell your friend to shove off and wait, dont expect him to lend you $200 or anything ever again... I know damn well if any of mine friends spent money on a computer while oweing me money, and then couldn't pay that money back, they wouldn't be friends for much longer.

If your friend owes money to baddish people, you don't tell him to shove off.

WTF is wrong with everyone....?

Deleted
    the internet bill contains 6 month of the smallest internet package, the smallest tv package, and a unlimitedSMS phone plan.

I dont want to ditch my friend. But also i dont entirely like the lack of empati about my current situation. The ones he owes money to, want to add more money to his debt because he is paying to slow or to little or something.

People always like to blame being unemployed on the economy. I've never seen a McDonalds that isn't hiring...it may not be the perfect solution, but you can make 200 bucks in a week at least

Deleted
    Openair. The loan was for the most part, to get a powersupply and dvd drive for the computer.

weird it says my first reply needs to be checked by a mod 0.o

Don't borrow money if you can't repay it. Hell, don't borrow money in the first place.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by enohpi View Post
    Openair. The loan was for the most part, to get a powersupply and dvd drive for the computer.
    Then return the PSU and dvd...

You paid $200 for a ps and a dvd drive? Id be pretty mad if i were your friend.