Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have to say Mario as well. I mean, he's been saving Peach for decades now and there's only so many ways you can go about doing it before it all just seems like the same thing. And it happens ALL the time. I think that once Peach starts to have some relationship insecurities, Mario slides Bowser some cash to "kidnap" the princess so Mario can put on a heroic charade to remind Peach just how awesome he is.

I would say Link but I honestly have yet to touch a Zelda game so I have no room to talk. It seems like it's just more of Mario's game but after seeing Dalliah's comment I'm more open to the idea that there is more to it.

Deleted
    Illidan lacks personallity imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Master Chief, Gordon Freeman and any SC characters come in mind.

In WoW I find plenty of characters overrated aswell:

Thrall, most overrated of them all
    Tirion
    Sylvanas
    Chromie
    Budd
    Harrison Jones

To begin with
    What? No Varian? Have you SEEN that chin?!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Newbryn View Post
    Don't think lightning is overated after all FFxiii wasn't really memorable but either way its sephiroth simple as that.
    Yup, he gets my vote as well. Though I would like to see him come back. He was, imo, a great character. Used nothing but his sword.

Cloud or Sephiroth

tough choice ;l

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinhoodexe View Post
    Illidan lacks personallity imo.
    You say that when we've had Deathwing as an expansion boss:

"ROAR I'M A MASSIVE DRAGON, I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL"

*Get shot out out of the sky by Mary-Sue, or Thrall, or whatever his name is...*

"ROAR, YOU HAVE STOPPED NOTHING, I WILL STILL TRY TO DESTROY YOU ALL!"

Gripping stuff.

Garrosh

Trying to be like daddy only to be used as a mop by varian to wipe ashenvale forest clean of horde blood.

Quote Originally Posted by beeurd View Post
    Mario.

There I said it.

Yes, I'm playing devils advocate here.
    Oh, playing this too?

On topic: I will have to go with Sephiroth aswell. God I hate that guy.
    l'alurl gol zhah elghinyrr gol.

Sephiroth and Cloud.

Also, Mario is Nintendo's mascot. Which is why, he's sort of a big deal for them. (I do prefer Luigi...)
    Last edited by Digglett; 2012-02-01 at 07:05 PM.

*prepares to be burned at the stake*

I actually think Kefka is more overrated these days among Final Fantasy fans. If anything Sephiroth is underrated because everyone seems to think he's one of the worst characters ever while Kefka is continuously touted as the absolute pinnacle of Final Fantasy villains.

Also Gordon Freeman. Don't get me wrong, Half-Life is great, but Gordon has no personality yet he frequently appears on best character ever lists. That's overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    anything made by Nintendo.

we get it, you like Link, but do we REALLY need to have 50million Zelda games that all play the exact same way? I stopped playing with Link's Awakenings, I think I made the right choice.
    15 = 50 million in what universe?

In WoW standards, ARTHAS hands down. Wow, take the Darth Vador story line.. so.. interesting... zzzzZZzz..

Deathwing was awesome in Warcraft 2, when he wasn't just destroying everything. He was a bit boring in Cataclysm, but I liked him better than Illidan (not as a character, just as an expansion villain) and Arthas. Illidan didn't do anything until Black Temple, and Arthas did too much - I know it's been said before, but he did feel like a Saturday morning cartoon villain in Wrath. At least Deathwing was involved in the story, but not too involved.

Also, Mario is Nintendo's mascot. Which is why, he's sort of a big deal for them. (I do prefer Luigi...)
    Not only Nintendo's mascot, but he's the most popular and well-known video game character ever. and has been in 200+ games and is still successful. I never liked Luigi too much, but I've never actually played Luigi's Mansion.

Deleted
    Link, Mario, Sonic, Sephiroth or other final fantasy character, anything Nintendo pretty much.

I've only played Mario of said games. not the greatest Nintendo fan around.

I'd have to vote for Rinoa from FF8. Sorry, but that game might have actually been better had she not been in it at all.

Actually, I don't know, it was pretty bad in comparison to its predecessors. When I look at the FF series, I see FF8 as the first step towards mediocrity, in which they spend more time animating the hair than they did working on the storylines.

Deathwing... Really just did not like it. Seemed very boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanto View Post
    What? No Varian? Have you SEEN that chin?!
    Never really payed much attention to Varian, as he's a very uninteresting character anyway. Deathwing could be called overrated simply because he doesn't deserve to be an expansion villain

Quote Originally Posted by Lerrielin View Post
    I'd have to vote for Rinoa from FF8. Sorry, but that game might have actually been better had she not been in it at all.

Actually, I don't know, it was pretty bad in comparison to its predecessors. When I look at the FF series, I see FF8 as the first step towards mediocrity, in which they spend more time animating the hair than they did working on the storylines.
    We don't really need to jump on the FF8 hate-wagon, since almost everyone hated that game.
    But it doesn't change the fact that there are other great FF games after 8.

Pyramid Head. He's a huge fanservice icon in Silent Hill. Sure he's an intimidating monstrous rapist with huge weapons but he's way overused in the series. "Bogeyman" in Homecoming is practically a carbon copy except sharper. And the "Butcher" in Origins is pretty much a Pyramid Head for Travis. AND THEN they throw him in the Silent Hill movie just for the fuck of it, doesn't even symbolize anything of Alessa, just there to spill blood and service fanboys.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by regennis View Post
    definitely sephiroth and cloud. the whole ffvii game is overrated.
    blasphemy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brofl View Post
    Pyramid Head. He's a huge fanservice icon in Silent Hill. Sure he's an intimidating monstrous rapist with huge weapons but he's way overused in the series. "Bogeyman" in Homecoming is practically a carbon copy except sharper. And the "Butcher" in Origins is pretty much a Pyramid Head for Travis. AND THEN they throw him in the Silent Hill movie just for the fuck of it, doesn't even symbolize anything of Alessa, just there to spill blood and service fanboys.
    While I agree he's been way overused, which is something I don't particularly like, you must admit if they didn't include him in the movie, half the fans would bitch about it endless times all over the internet.
    I for one can't fit Pyramid Head in the movie, since he was only a James Sunderland's manifestation, and the movie was oriented to the cult and Alessa's burning (clearly just SH1 and 3).
    But if you somehow fit into the story not only the search for Cheryl (SH1) but also the search of James for his wife (SH2) the Pyramid Head appearance is somewhat justified.
    Essentially I agree!