Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Razer Naga or Naga Epic?

I want to buy a new mouse with a bit of my tax return....and get rid of my old track ball I've been using for some 12 odd years. I'm looking at the naga, but I'm not sure if the epic is worth the extra $50...considering the only thing it gains are wired/wireless conversion and swappable plates.

The wireless would be nice seeing as how I wouldn't have to deal with swapping batteries like I do now...just a quick plug in and I can continue to use it while it charges. HOWEVER, that alone isn't worth $50 to me. Now if the swappable plates really are a huge help when it comes to comfort, that might make it so. I'm not really terribly worried about that though, as I'm sure the default razer naga is comfortable enough.

What are your guys' thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had two Nagas because budget didnt let me get the epic... Very, very good mouse but the cable can be annoying as hell... its hard to explain but if you can get the Epic I would
    War requires the sledge hammer, but will be decided by the scalpal
    Intel i5 2500k -Intel 330 180GB SSD - Saphire HD OC Edition 7870 - Gigabyte Z77-D3H Intel Z77

I use the regular Naga, and it is great for WoWing. I wouldn't get a wireless mouse though, I used to have one and it always started dying at the most inconvenient times.... so I would personally stick with the regular one

i like razer naga really nice but i didint try the epic one go a head and buy it

I use the regular naga, with cord.
    It's amazing and I love it to bits.

I also have this kind of... Dislike for wireless appliances. The whole charging thing and wireless transmission and such... Meh; too unreliable. Give me a cord any day of the week!

Deleted
    You can plug the cord into it. So there's no excuse not to pay the extra £50 for the potential use of wireless if you want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazamaras View Post
    You can plug the cord into it. So there's no excuse not to pay the extra £50 for the potential use of wireless if you want to.
    Yes but like I said that alone isn't enough to make me pay $50 for it. Only if the "ergonomic" plates are any good would I consider it.

10+ Year Old Account
    i have te ultimate/epic. before i had the regular one.

i rarely use the wireless capabilities to be honest. still a good mouse. not worth the extra money though.

removable plates for me are good because i'm 6"5 and have massive hands.
    ..........gtfo for now

Neither. Logitech G400/G500/G700 (wireless)
    How did he die ?

His death was caused by pneumonia induced by daggers to the chest.Repeatedly.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowcharm View Post
    Neither. Logitech G400/G500/G700 (wireless)
    Why would you even think about buying those horrible products?
    * Mod Edit: Please don't brand bash. Consider this a warning
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2012-02-02 at 12:09 PM.

The price differences between Naga and Naga Epic is rediculous considering how similar they are. Dont give Razer your money, they have plenty. Stick with the Naga

Not to mention what someone said above, theres nothign worse than a mouse running out of battery during an intense MMORPG moment.

Depends on the size of your hand...Most people with bigger fatty hands / fingers prefer the Naga Epic because of the interchangeable Grips. The Naga Epic functions both as wired and wireless so that's not a big deal.

Bigger Hands = Naga Epic (w/ the interchangeable Grips) Worth the extra money if it's not comfortable.
    Smaller Hands = Naga Regular

Current Games: HearthStone, Eve Online, and World of Tanks
    Current Game: Final Fantasy XIV - "Hyperion" Server
    Current Game: Tera - "Valley of Titans" Server
    Current Game: WoW: MoP & Planetside 2 - BETA
    Current Game: SWTOR - "The Fatman" Server

Quote Originally Posted by BloodchargedIllidan View Post
    Why would you even think about buying those horrible products?
    The newest iteration of the G400 is the best mouse on the market at the moment, speaking strictly in terms of hardware. I don't use one since Zowie's EC2 mouse design fits my hand better, but the G400 is still far from a horrible product, despite logitech being a horrible company by and large.

Also, if you're choosing between the Naga Epic and the regular Naga, OP, get the regular Naga. The wireless on the Naga Epic is ok (it's the same as the Mamba which I also own), but I wouldn't use it in wireless mode for serious gaming.
    Last edited by GG you got me; 2012-02-01 at 07:39 PM.

Alright now , since everyone is arguing, I want to say that the naga in my experience is a BAD product.

Here's some really really really really good mice .

MS IMO 3.0
    LOG MX518
    CM SPAWN
    LOG 400 and 500
    TT Black Element
    RZR Deathadder ( Breaks fast though )
    LOG G9X
    LOG Trackball
    LOG G700
    MIONIX NAOS5k /QPAD 5k

Depending on price at your location, CM Storm Sentinel Advanced, That one costs less then the spawn in my country.

Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    Alright now , since everyone is arguing, I want to say that the naga in my experience is a BAD product.

Here's some really really really really good mice .

MS IMO 3.0
    LOG MX518
    CM SPAWN
    LOG 400 and 500
    TT Black Element
    RZR Deathadder ( Breaks fast though )
    LOG G9X
    LOG Trackball
    LOG G700
    MIONIX NAOS5k /QPAD 5k

Depending on price at your location, CM Storm Sentinel Advanced, That one costs less then the spawn in my country.
    I hope they fix the sensor issues in the next iteration of the Spawn series, because I am really fond of the shape that they went with for the mouse.

The OP is only looking at Nagas though afaik. If he was entertaining other mice, I would recommend looking at the Corsair M90 mmo mouse or waiting on the new Naga hex, since I think both designs are leaps ahead of the Naga in the "mmo tons of buttons" mouse genre.
    Last edited by GG you got me; 2012-02-01 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GG you got me View Post
    I hope they fix the sensor issues in the next iteration of the Spawn series, because I am really fond of the shape that they went with for the mouse.

The OP is only looking at Nagas though afaik. If he was entertaining other mice, I would recommend looking at the Corsair M90 mmo mouse or waiting on the new Naga hex, since I think both designs are leaps ahead of the Naga in the "mmo tons of buttons" mouse genre.
    Shape , ergonomics and sensor quality are by far more important then all the tacked on features like DPI, 1khz USB Polling and 'Kool lights'. the mechanical buttons thing is a gimmick, it means the regular type of mouse button with a bit of more depth. Those buttons are boss ( Easy to push with a click and a long travel distance), other then that i'd say the only difference it makes is that the epic has a wireless mode, if wireless is worth 50$ to you, by all means.

Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    Shape , ergonomics and sensor quality are by far more important then all the tacked on features like DPI, 1khz USB Polling and 'Kool lights'. the mechanical buttons thing is a gimmick,
    Preaching to the choir on this one, I use a Zowie EC2 for competitive fps gaming despite it having an inferior optical sensor to the g400. The form factor just fits my hand far better and I'm most comfortable when the feel of my mouse is an afterthought, instead of a focal point. The reason I think the Naga Hex will be a nice design though, is the button placement. If you are someone who wants a lot of buttons, having them in a more defined hexagonal pattern as opposed to the regular naga's numberpad design, imo, will incorporate more muscle memory to button use. In that way, I think the Naga Hex is a good concept. The bit about mechanical buttons is dumb though lol.
    Last edited by GG you got me; 2012-02-01 at 08:12 PM.

Deleted
    How did you fix it if i may ask? I'm having exactly that issue but i'm clueless on how to fix it, any pointers? Thanks in advanced Oogzy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Normal definitely...also i don't think i could play any mmo without a razer naga I've gotten so used to it

Currently on my second first died due to right click not working properly (think it was partially my fault of cleaning too harshly >.<

Also the wire can be annoying on some surfaces that aren't smooth it snags and makes a horrible scratching noise/feeling It's a little small but you get used to it after a bit..my hand is permanently froze into an eagles claw because of it :S
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2014-02-18 at 11:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Normal definitely...also i don't think i could play any mmo without a razer naga I've gotten so used to it

Currently on my second first died due to right click not working properly (think it was partially my fault of cleaning too harshly >.<

Also the wire can be annoying on some surfaces that aren't smooth it snags and makes a horrible scratching noise/feeling It's a little small but you get used to it after a bit..my hand is permanently froze into an eagles claw because of it :S
    Get a G600 if you're after the same button layout (heh, better unless you bought the 2014 as it has shaped buttons which let you recognize where you are, and that's why razer copied it onto the 2014 naga), or even the M95. Both are better products by a mile.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760