Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I don't really follow... Very, very average pop music singing group composed of girls. What's the big deal?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    I don't really follow... Very, very average pop music singing group composed of girls. What's the big deal?
    It's not already popular I guess?

10+ Year Old Account
    nothing really remarkable, I think Regis liked it though

A US top 50 10mguild is named after them lol... http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/...ting.tier13_10

Deleted
    Its not Roly Poly.. but they gave me a boner, i approve

Meh, the music's okay. I could listen to it without having to switch it off but it's not something I'd buy. As to them being an Asian group though ... if you're listening to the music rather than watching the video, you'd never know. I'd think of them more as a commercial pop group which happens to have Asian members, rather than an Asian group.

They look miserable. Maybe there nervous but there music is not anything I would find interesting and a lot of this sounds like other songs I know. Cobra starship meets justice with a dash of No doubt? With lame lyrics made by some lyric writer out of So-cal. Also I would say that they all sound the same so if there was only one of them it wouldn't change the performance what so ever. While I am NOT saying its horrible its just not worthy of any mention IMO and I respect anyone who listens to this because any music can be found enjoyable by one person.

Deleted
    Nothing against the music, the group or whatever but just a question, why are there 9-10 people? Does everyone sing or just stand around looking pretty? I saw 2 or 3 of them singing and they sounded similiar.

I liked the bagpipe at beginning tho lol.
    Last edited by mmoc53afbdba40; 2012-02-01 at 06:14 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Liljander View Post
    Nothing against the music, the group or whatever but just a question, why are there 9-10 people? Does everyone sing or just stand around looking pretty? I saw 2 or 3 of them singing and they sounded similiar.

It's just a number of their group really, I think it works cause atleast for me I can watch their performances over and over due to them being 9 girls meaning you'll get kinda distracted.

All 9 can dance and sing, granted there's some main dancers and some main vocalist.
    It might sound abit familar to you but over a 1½ year spand of almost listening to them daily I can easily point out who is singing by listening to their voice alone.

The only reason why i watched that, was to hear how they had incoporated bagpipes into the song. now I am dissappoint.

it was ok... neither bad nor great to my ears ^^

For some reason there are plenty of groups in japan & south korea with 5 million girl members (yes, exaggeration :P). Would bet it has something to do with cute + girl = easy to sell on the market since most people are very shallow.

I'll give my honest personal oppinion...I hate it. Sorry. They really need like 9 chicks in the group?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    \o/

Really awesome, didn't know they were gonna be on David Letterman. "The Boys" isn't my favourite of their songs though, would've preferred if they sang something else. Still, it was a good performance!

<3 Sooyoung

Also, there's no need to bash. If you don't like K-pop you don't have to listen to it.
    Obviously this thread was about peoples opinions about the k-pop song. so thats what people do. sure they dont have to bash all the way
    I like k-pop i don't like this song. so i said so. but before i could actually no i had to listen to it.... allowed right?

Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Can't say I'm a fan of the music. And that's not my general aversion to most Asian entertainment. Like Tiing said, it's reminiscent of the Pussycat Dolls.

Don't like people complaining? Don't read it.

I honestly don't understand why people tells others to go away when they voice their opinion.
    It takes more energy to type out a comment saying that it sucks than for me to read it. Save us both the energy and just don't do say anything at all. It's like when people complain about WoW. If you don't like it, don't bash it. Nobody is forcing you to play it, so why should you continue to do so just so you can bash? You didn't like it? Cool beans! I now know your opinion!
    Last edited by Ace192; 2012-02-01 at 06:49 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ace1231337 View Post
    It takes more energy to type out a comment saying that it sucks than for me to read it. Save us both the energy and just don't do say anything at all. It's like when people complain about WoW. If you don't like it, don't bash it. Nobody is forcing you to play it, so why should you continue to do so just so you can bash? You didn't like it? Cool beans! I now know your opinion!
    Don't be so upset when people don't have the same opinion as you. you like the video? cool beans! now i know your opinion.
    Opinions differ, deal with it.. this is a forum people disagree all the time

Quote Originally Posted by vaztes View Post
    Girls Generation also known as SNSD performed a remix version of their new hit single "The boys"

Now I'm pretty sure many of you guys have no idea who these girls are.
    This is huge for SNSD let alone K-pop in general to be on a show like David's, so I'd like to hear some outsider veiws.

What do you think?

Edit: Honestly "The boys" Is not their best single, at all. It's very far from what music they've made in the past, if you're slightly interested go look up "Oh" - "Run devil run" or "genie"
    Looks like a high school glee club...meh...boring choreography, mediocre vocal work, and they just generally looked uncomfortable up there.
    Last edited by Jaerin; 2012-02-01 at 08:24 PM.

I thought they were awesome, and I'm an American male that has been following Girl's Generation and K-pop in general for about 2 years. No, I'm not a perv, I don't look at the girls as sexual objects but I do find them pretty, charming, multi-talented, hard-working and humble, with bodies most American women would give their last cheeseburger for! Not only are they the no.1 girl's group in Korea, They are popular in Asia (and I mean all of Asia - China, Japan, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, Philipines) they also have many fans in Europe, South and North America. They have done concerts with their management conpany's (SME) sister and brother acts in Staples Center in LA, Madison Square Garden in NY, Paris and Australia.

They don't just do electro-dance-pop music, either. They do love ballads and softer songs - especially the 4 main vocalists - Taeyeon, Jessica, Tiffany and Seohyun. They've modeled for J.Estina and Vogue magazine. They also act in dramas.

As for their being skinny, they do not starve themselves, but eat the right, healthy foods and pretty much just work their butts off. Do you think coordinating fast moving choreography - with 9 girls that constantly shifts formation and shape and succeeds in moving each girl to the front while singing constantly - can be accomplished without hours of practice? They spend hours and hours practicing each song's choreography and music, and can do what they did for "The Boys" with about 20+ songs.

I don't think 'The Boys' is their best song, even though it was written by Teddy Riley who has written, produced and choreographed songs for Michael Jackson and other US talent. That's not the Girl's fault, I blame Teddy Riley for "The Boys".

Also, their English is still rough, but that is mainly because they are also simultaneously learning Chinese and Japanese for their Asian fans - try learning 3 languages at once, with English being the most difficult.

So before you dismiss them as being 'so 90's' and they won't catch on in the US, don't dismiss these talented, hard-working girls - they might just surprise you. It will take some more time and practice and sweat, but they will succeed.

Remember, we used to laugh at Japanese cars when they first entered the US market. Then we laughed at Hyundai and Kia. Now these Korean automobile companies are beginning to kick American and Japanese butts in the automobile market.

Same for K-pop and Girls Generation. You may laugh at it/them now, but someday it/they will kick our butts, because they are willing to work hard and long to achieve their dreams.

Not lazily expect things handed to them like most US talent.

I'm curious about the finances and having to split everything 9 ways.

why would I want to listen to a bunch of stereotypical asian girls as portrayed by the media singing in a language I can`t even understand? Just saying :/

it`s the same with all these pro sc2 players listening to it (although they seem to all listen to dubstep now), like do you think it`ll make you play better? you`re adopting another culture by listening to their music? ughhh, it probably bugs me so much because i`m asian, but it`s as annoying as that girl in your JR high class whose obsessed with anime and mangas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ace1231337 View Post
    So you're saying "stop posting complaints because I don't like them." I don't think anybody has explicitly stated that this group should quit making music because they didn't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    why would I want to listen to a bunch of stereotypical asian girls as portrayed by the media singing in a language I can`t even understand? Just saying :/
    Not sure what video you watched, but I'm pretty sure they were singing in English.