Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    I know others have quoted such things as Anet's presentations in other countries using their server in Seattle and still having no lag, and that the lag we're all mostly familiar with is in wow which has an old engine and GW2's will be much better, but I still worry lol.
    I just try to be optimistic
    Do we know where there going to have their servers besides Seattle?

Quote Originally Posted by masterpiece View Post
    Do we know where there going to have their servers besides Seattle?
    To the best of my knowledge nothing has been released yet on servers. I looked for it specifically a couple weeks ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only if you like Guild Wars. The game had some huge issues like invisible walls, clumsy UI, and clunky combat/movement. It is also an enormous grind. I personally wouldn't do it.

Deleted
    If not for the rewards then at least for some interesting lore/fun. The game is cool, and different.

Get the free trial version and try it out. But unless you really like it and think that you can get your HOM rewards quick (you got ATLEAST 3 months before GW2) and if you dont really care about the money, then dont bother with it. Getting 50/50 HOM + GWAMM took me 800 hours of play in 5 months. Thats over 5 hours a day for 5 whole months and for that you sort of need a big holiday.
    If you think you'll be quick then I guess you could get to 30/50 HOM within 1-2months. So its up to you to decide if its worth the hassle

I bought a package with 3 of the games/expansions, tried it out some. As previously mentioned the combat is a bit clunky, but it works - actually had fun with being an elementalist and I think it motivated me to be one in GW2. I LOVED the character design, it fits me way more then WoWs did. Not that it had that many more options but, I made a really cute asian girl in factions I think it was... and man was she hot!
    The world was kinda nice but WoWs world fits me better. Why that is could be a matter of personal taste.
    Gear design looked freaking awesome but all I could find was blacksmithing improvements to my gear, and it looked the same as the starter gear, so I never got to enjoy any cool set...
    Is it worth to play GW1 for only the crossover benefits? I don't think so. You should at least enjoy the game if you plan to play it for that long! :S

Said from a player who played the game for over 4 years actively, yes it definitely is. It's probably different from everything you're used to, but if you like the set that Guild Wars plays in and you're excited for the upcoming game, and surely with the low price the game currently is. I would recommend it.

Deleted
    Guess the trilogy of Gw1 is needed to have the crossover benefits, or be eligible for them. Especially if u have reputation from the last to do, or am I mistaken?

Quote Originally Posted by DonCorleone View Post
    Guess the trilogy of Gw1 is needed to have the crossover benefits, or be eligible for them. Especially if u have reputation from the last to do, or am I mistaken?
    You can get 30 with 1 game + the expansion. Recommended is to get them all. If you go for 1 game, get the original.

Deleted
    From the website its like $25, I think I'll give it a shot. How big is the client for all 3 games?

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I bought it, had an original account but no expansions so I just ordered them all again and added it to the original account. Cost me £18; then I went and bought all the skill packs for about £35 :P invested nearly £55 into Guild Wars 1 just so I can attempt to get 30/50!

I'm a cool kid!

Enjoying the game, somewhat. I'm playing my warrior that I made all those years ago because I had completed every prophecies mission on it. Just factions to go now and then I need to do them all on hard-mode. I keep thinking that if I played a ranged it would be more fun, but I love playing melee. It's a long grind, sometimes it can get tedious. The story telling and missions are good fun though. If you do get it I'd recommend joining a guild.

Quote Originally Posted by DonCorleone View Post
    From the website its like $25, I think I'll give it a shot. How big is the client for all 3 games?
    My install for all 3 campaigns + EotN is ~2.8gb, but it may change since I haven't loaded into any Prophecies content since I've reinstalled.
    Last edited by pleaserelax; 2012-02-02 at 03:29 PM.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pleaserelax View Post
    My install for all 3 campaigns + EotN is ~2.8gb, but it may change since I haven't loaded into any Prophecies content since I've reinstalled.
    I did the little fix to make the whole game download in the launcher when you first run it. My Guild Wars file is sitting at 3.96GB.

Deleted
    Still dunno what class I should look at, probably ranger or elementalist

Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    I did the little fix to make the whole game download in the launcher when you first run it. My Guild Wars file is sitting at 3.96GB.
    Yea there's a cmd line arg that lets you force it all to download too, I kept forgetting to do it, until right now. I gather you can shortcut it, as well.
    Last edited by pleaserelax; 2012-02-02 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    Yeah, the -image cmd

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Sure, only if you have some interest in Guild Wars 1. Personally I bought the original Guild Wars to experience it & get myself ready for Guild Wars 2. Its like there is a WoW 2 coming out and playing it without experiencing the original World of Warcraft.

I think gw1 would be well worth your time, but not for getting the hom rewards. ITS A AWESOME PVP GAME. I enjoy it more then any other game ive played. But i dont know if you will have the time to do all 4 expasions as well as get at least 30 points for the hall of monuments before gw2 goes live. I think that anyone playing gw2 should try gw1 to see wher the game came from. The may never be another game like gw1 wher u can have 2 classes and pick a bar of 1000's of skills and make the craziest 8 man team builds that should never work but some how do...( dont mess with my dev hammer monk, rofl)