10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    Not sure if it's been posted, but Ending clarification/closure DLC shit confirmed now:

https://twitter.com/#!/masseffect/st...33534146781186

It's not a new one, though. But meh. Seems like they're caving into the people who want a 'happy!" ending instead of fixing glaring holes.
    yea how about you just go ahead and complain about it BEFORE ANYTHING is revelaed about it besides ''closure''. the way i see it the holes could be fixed by the ''clarify'' bit

The more I think about the ending, the more I'm actually able to fill out the blank spots. Will be interesting to see if I've gotten it right so far.

I just don't hope they actually change anything, the ending is fine as it is.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gegalfo View Post
    yea how about you just go ahead and complain about it BEFORE ANYTHING is revelaed about it besides ''closure''. the way i see it the holes could be fixed by the ''clarify'' bit
    Except the plot holes are intrinsically related to the Reaper AI on the Citadel. They can't exactly fix the Reapers not taking control of the Citadel earlier with "clarification" or "closure" without making them even more retarded.

Citadel is the key to relay control - the Reapers went literally everywhere BUT the Citadel - they had to TRY to avoid it, whereas every other invasion in the last 37 million years, as Vigil said, they head to the Citadel first and take control of the relays.

That's not really related to the ending, but it's one of the many glaring holes in the entire game.

I'm willing to go with suspension of belief because if that happened, we wouldn't really have a game to play, but I doubt we'll get an explanation for that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I just had an epiphany while replying to something about the ending on another forum. Which other device have we seen in recent sci-fi history that could send out a bubble of energy capable of targetting specific matter with the ability to be transmitted through an interstellar transportation network? Stargate SG-1, with the ancient weapon on Dakara. If it worked for people there, I really don't see why it doesn't work for people now.
    It had a technical explanation that made sense with the stories setting (though not much didn't make sense with Stargate ^.^)
    It didn't have a random God-like character appear as some background person, tell them they controlled the replicators and the shiny energy wave was the best choice, then blindly follow its advice.
    An energy wave which disabled the bonds between nanites is a far stretch from a device that literally magically combines all organic life with shining circuits.

The superweapon is designed to reduce all matter within range to its basic molecular structure (though in the case of Replicators the reduction is to their basic blocks for normal Replicators and probable large 'clumps' of Nanites in Pony-form Replicators). It does this by propagating a Replicator disruptor wave that breaks down matter at the molecular level. The wave will wash over everything on a planet's surface and in the surrounding space.
    The Stargates didn't decide to explode after use, which in ME3 would have caused the destruction of all the systems with them in (Arrival/Codex).

That's just related to the energy wave.

Not sure if it's been posted, but Ending clarification/closure DLC shit confirmed now:

It's not a new one, though. But meh.
    Unless it does something like the indoctrination theory (or similar) and doesn't just go "HEY THESE GUYS ENDED UP HERE... trying to keep civilisation going without relays" then dissapoint.
    Last edited by mmoca4abc3a051; 2012-03-23 at 08:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except the plot holes are intrinsically related to the Reaper AI on the Citadel. They can't exactly fix the Reapers not taking control of the Citadel earlier with "clarification" or "closure" without making them even more retarded.

Citadel is the key to relay control - the Reapers went literally everywhere BUT the Citadel - they had to TRY to avoid it, whereas every other invasion in the last 37 million years, as Vigil said, they head to the Citadel first and take control of the relays.

That's not really related to the ending, but it's one of the many glaring holes in the entire game.

I'm willing to go with suspension of belief because if that happened, we wouldn't really have a game to play, but I doubt we'll get an explanation for that.
    as i said how about you wait till they do whatever it is they plan on doing, and then if you still dont like it, then complain

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    I hated that sound. It kept scaring me all the time.
    And that DLC was amazing. I don't think I'd be able to choose the renegade option concerning David - even if I played on my full-renegade character. It's just so... heartbreaking. ;_;
    The sound was just an absolute shock for me, especially with the headphones on... Now I'm a scaredy cat even when the sound is coming from my TV.
    And I'm the same. When I saw what was done to him I just couldn't bring myself to keep him in that state. Doubt I can do it now either, even with my almost-Renegade-Shepard.

It's not a new one, though. But meh. Seems like they're caving into the people who want a 'happy!" ending instead of fixing glaring holes.
    Umm what? The way I read it it seems all they are going to do is add in some blob of text that say "this is how squadmates are able to teleport and this is why such and such happens blah blah lazy". Nobody is getting a 'happy' ending.

Deleted

This isn't even a plot hole. The reapers didn't know where the Citadel was because it was in the middle of empty space and not orbiting any stars. They only took control of it in the end because TIM ratted it out in the end, after the attack on hes main base.

I for one would be happy if they clarified the endings, made everything more clear and made choices matter. Even in some epilogue form like who lived with who, who did what and were etc. Depending on survivors and the choices made in all 3 ME games.

Deleted
    A few more shots from their Twitter feed. Seems that there's definitely plans to give people closure, but that the details are revealed in April (most likely the panel on 6th of April):

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/e...essa230717.png
    http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/e...essa230751.png

EDIT: And appearently they're NOT changing the original endings, but adding some additional content. So a DLC it is, like many have guessed.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/e...essa231251.png
    Last edited by mmoc66a46237a3; 2012-03-23 at 09:14 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    This isn't even a plot hole. The reapers didn't know where the Citadel was because it was in the middle of empty space and not orbiting any stars. They only took control of it in the end because TIM ratted it out in the end, after the attack on hes main base.

I for one would be happy if they clarified the endings, made everything more clear and made choices matter. Even in some epilogue form like who lived with who, who did what and were etc. Depending on survivors and the choices made in all 3 ME games.
    The Citadel was where it's always been... for every cycle of extermination and was pretty much the centre of the relay system

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post

Christ, how wrong is this.

Every invasion (except for this one, because let's face it, if they took the Citadel first, there wouldn't be a Mass Effect 3, but still), they take control of the Citadel and shut down the relays to trap star systems. Vigil explains this in Mass Effect 1. It's how they preface every invasion. The Protheans sabotaged the Keepers, so the Citadel Relay wouldn't OPEN, but they knew exactly where the Citadel was. The only thing that changed was that the Reapers had to manually travel to the Milky Way instead of taking the shortcut via Dark Space -> Citadel.

IT'S ALWAYS been in the Serpent Nebula. It isn't in "the middle of empty space." Sovereign knew EXACTLY where it was when he was mucking about with Saren & the Geth.

Know why? Because the goddamn Reapers PLACED IT THERE. It's how they harvest the races! They set the relays up in an elaborate manner so everyone floods to the Citadel and are exterminated easily. It's the basis behind the entire cycle.
    Last edited by Kaneiac; 2012-03-23 at 09:17 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post
    A few more shots from their Twitter feed. Seems that there's definitely plans to give people closure, but that the details are revealed in April (most likely the panel on 6th of April):

Not sure what he means "can't believe people are finished!"
    I took my time, explored everything after every mission and it took me 28 hours (on normal first time)... it's been out for 9-18 days depending on location.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    The more I think about the ending, the more I'm actually able to fill out the blank spots. Will be interesting to see if I've gotten it right so far.

I just don't hope they actually change anything, the ending is fine as it is.
    Thats what im hoping, when they said they were going to change the ending i got really disappointed. I didn't like the ending that much but not enough for them to just change the whole thing. So im really hoping they just continue the ending telling what happened to Shepard when you picked the red ending and you saw that short clip of him coming back to life. Or what happens after the other endings? What happened to your crew mates? Why were the squadmates you picked for the final mission on the Normandy with Jeff? Also what really bugged me was that when i picked the red ending it said that all synthetic life would end including the Geth, well how come you don't see that? Was that really all just a indoctrination/dream and the Geth are actually still alive? Everything just totally confused me.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    I took my time, explored everything after every mission and it took me 28 hours (on normal first time)... it's been out for 9-18 days depending on location.
    My first playthrough lasted about ~32 hours if I recall right. Minus the thousand times I had to pause because I was sneezing or had to blow my nose. Damn flu... Anyway, I did all the side missions before moving on with the priority ones, explored the Citadel a million times, tried to talk with the crew whenever possible etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post

EDIT: And appearently they're NOT changing the original endings, but adding some additional content. So a DLC it is, like many have guessed.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/e...essa231251.png
    Well, I'm glad they're not changing the ending as such. I just hope they don't mess anything else up by people forcing their hand like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    I managed to squeeze 34 hours out of my first playthrough, and I missed a handful of side-missions. Plus some people don't have the luxury of a lot of spare time. If you're only able to play 1-2 hour per day it could easily take 3 weeks to get through the whole thing.

Deleted
    So the indoctrination theory was correct. Sweeeeet.
    Trolls of the year: Bioware.
    Or maybe they'll end up making a DLC where all the people who magically appeared back on the Normandy go on a camping trip and tell stories about "the Shepard" around a big, roaring campfire?

Deleted
    So the indoctrination theory was correct. Sweeeeet.
    Trolls of the year: Bioware.
    Don't see how it's correct, probably just something like the end of DA:O if we're lucky.
    If it doesn't invalidate what happened in the end then I'm done, there are just so many things that contradict/don't make sense/don't fit with the rest of the games that it seems they dragged in someone off the street to write the end who had just finished playing Deus Ex.

If it is indoctrination theory, then awesome. Troll award of the year goes to Bioware. But they better make damn sure, they fill the existing holes in the theory and give the wanted closure.
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.

Deleted
    Pff, they should forget about Shepard and focus on Garrus instead.
    Garrus chose to get hit by that gunship. He was tired of looking so damn good.
    Garrus Vakarian is the reason why Waldo is hiding.
    Garrus Vakarian can perform calibrations, while in the middle of some calibrations.

Some of my favourites, ahhahah. Cheers for the link!