Deleted
    Well guess I'll go to bed...

Trying to do a fully done play-through in-case they change anything, pretty hard because whenever I get cool war assets/heartfelt relationship conversations I shout at my screen about not getting to see anything of it.

Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    it was only a matter of time before someone did this.

Deleted
    Someone had this as a sig before I warned them it was too big (118 phrases)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    Damn, I wish that wasn't so heavy on file size.
    I tried to shrink it for them, but I had to limit it to 4 colours to get it below 50kb and wasn't really readable

Really gone now :d

So this thread is now about Garrus?

I just came across a new bit of chatter between him and Joker, actually.

Garrus: What's the first order an Alliance commander gives on the battlefield?

Joker: ...umm, I give up.

Garrus: Correct!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    Someone had this as a sig before I warned them it was too big (118 phrases)

... I just read through all of them. God.

And of course we have to stop and give some bromance to Garrus now and then. He's such a bro!

Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    So this thread is now about Garrus?

I just came across a new bit of chatter between him and Joker, actually.

Garrus: What's the first order an Alliance commander gives on the battlefield?

Joker: ...umm, I give up.

Garrus: Correct!
    That whole joke segment had me floored with laughter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    Christ, how wrong is this.

Every invasion (except for this one, because let's face it, if they took the Citadel first, there wouldn't be a Mass Effect 3, but still), they take control of the Citadel and shut down the relays to trap star systems. Vigil explains this in Mass Effect 1. It's how they preface every invasion. The Protheans sabotaged the Keepers, so the Citadel Relay wouldn't OPEN, but they knew exactly where the Citadel was. The only thing that changed was that the Reapers had to manually travel to the Milky Way instead of taking the shortcut via Dark Space -> Citadel.

IT'S ALWAYS been in the Serpent Nebula. It isn't in "the middle of empty space." Sovereign knew EXACTLY where it was when he was mucking about with Saren & the Geth.

Know why? Because the goddamn Reapers PLACED IT THERE. It's how they harvest the races! They set the relays up in an elaborate manner so everyone floods to the Citadel and are exterminated easily. It's the basis behind the entire cycle.
    Yea but it's not like the nebula is a 10km long puff of smoke. It's huge and they can't just comb the place through and visually locate the Citadel. It's pretty small, doesn't orbit a star, has a tiny gravitational pull and the nebula probably hides it's other signatures.

The Reapers never meant for it to be manually located, they always intended to use it as a relay and pop up next to it when the invasion started. Sovereign only knew about it because of Saren.

The Reapers could probably have easily found out about how to get there by using the relay everyone else used. But I guess even that makes sense since the guide says that when moving lots of ships at once, the relay can scatter them around very far from each other and it's risky.. and when coming out one at a time, they risked jumping in the middle of the citadel fleet and being destroyed one by one.

Quote Originally Posted by Oni View Post
    Sure do hope so. It fills all the gaps perfectly plus taking in mind that the entire plot was leaked forcing bioware to change the ending with limited time...
    I would make sense they done that just to buy themselves some more time =P
    Yea, but if the Indoctrination theory is correct, the DLC had better be free.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    Yea but it's not like the nebula is a 10km long puff of smoke. It's huge and they can't just comb the place through and visually locate the Citadel. It's pretty small, doesn't orbit a star, has a tiny gravitational pull and the nebula probably hides it's other signatures.

The Reapers never meant for it to be manually located, they always intended to use it as a relay and pop up next to it when the invasion started. Sovereign only knew about it because of Saren.

The Reapers could probably have easily found out about how to get there by using the relay everyone else used. But I guess even that makes sense since the guide says that when moving lots of ships at once, the relay can scatter them around very far from each other and it's risky.. and when coming out one at a time, they risked jumping in the middle of the citadel fleet and being destroyed one by one.
    They built the Citadel - it hasn't moved any. It doesn't orbit any stars, it just rotates, and that's what simulates the gravity. After AT LEAST 37 million years of conquests (I'm basing this off the oldest known source, the Derelict Reaper, which was 37 million years old, we're possibly looking at hundreds of millions) I doubt they'd forget the location.

Sovereign had no problem bringing in the entire Geth fleet on his first assault on the Citadel. Same with sending in the entire combined fleet that Shepard had built up when they began the Earth offensive at the end of the game. Not to mention the Reapers created the relays, I'm sure they're quite aware of the limitations.

Reapers are primarily vulnerable when either A. their kinetic barriers are down (Sovereign) or when their shields over the guns are opened up, not including SpaceMagic Thanix cannons. We saw this on Palaven when dozens of Turian dreadnoughts only took down a handful of destroyers and a couple capital ships. We're talking about the biggest Dreadnought fleet in the galaxy and they only took down a handful of Capital ships, and that was a planned attack. Alliance fleets were still on Earth. The entire 2nd, 3rd and 5th fleets were demolished by a DOZEN Capital ships. And the Citadel fleet is built up of very few dreadnoughts (basically, the Destiny Ascension is their ace-in-the-hole and Sovereign almost destroyed that one BY HIMSELF). There's no way a group of ragtag fighters and destroyers could have stopped even a couple Capital ships.

It's a glaring hole. I'm just going to go with suspension of disbelief because if they took the Citadel, there wouldn't be a game.
    Last edited by Kaneiac; 2012-03-23 at 10:54 PM.

1. There are many things about the Citadel we don't know, maybe it sends a signal. Alternatively, the Reapers have cartographed its location, which is not implausible at all, as it is an immovable object.
    2. How are Thanix cannons space magic? They are reverse-engineered Reaper tech. Every war benefits from salvaged, more advanced enemy technology. I was honestly disappointed to see that they were not used, as they are a major, but costly improvement. We only see the Javelin missles every Dreadnought was outfitted with.
    3. Sovereign was assisted by an entire Geth fleet and caught the Citadel fleet with barrages before they could react. We can assume, although well-secured, the Citadel fleet only consists of a fraction of the fleets facing off at Earth.
    Last edited by Flextt; 2012-03-24 at 12:16 AM.
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Well, I'm glad they're not changing the ending as such. I just hope they don't mess anything else up by people forcing their hand like this.
    "Shepard is now a legend! Continue playing with DLC!" How were their hands forced?

Deleted
    The main problem I'll have regarding the revamped end is, regardless if the Indoctrination is chosen by bioware or not, even if everything beyond the ray is in Shepard mind it doesn't fix the biggest plot hole.

The Starchild idea, We wipe you with synthetic so you don't get wiped by your own synthetic is still stupid that's not what Mass Effect plot is about. Even if it's Harbringer speaking directly through Indoctrination it remains the same idea, Reaper cycle is still pointless. If Harbringer is trying to convince Shepard to choose the left or center path, at least he would try his best and try to give a valid reason, dark matter, random super nova, whatever but not that nonsens.

At least he could try to defend assimilation, explain that it may sound like butchery melting human but in the end it's not that evil as species counciousness are created that way, and each human beeing killed, is made part of a reaper-human beeing, the same way our body is composed of billions of single cells that gave up their freedom in order to create a whole human beeing.

And seriously, that green ending is so unrealistic even given Mass Effect sci-fi setting that they should really remove it. If they could modify DNA galaxy wide from a single keypress, why can't they reprogram everyone DNA to be instictivly unable to create a self aware synthetics by making us automatically throw up every time someone mention the idea?

So ive played through the game twice once was with my ME2 import i romanced Tali and followed through with it on my second play on ME3. I didnt notice any new options open up when your helping legion free the other geth from the reapers. I thought maybe it would let me save both races but in either of my games quarians or geth were wiped out so my question is, is there any way to save both of them?
    Also my second time through I did every single quest got 100% on all finds in the galaxy and my "galatic readiness" or w/e was still only 50% is this a bug? because it doesnt change from the time i start a new game till the time ive recruited all the races.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    So ive played through the game twice once was with my ME2 import i romanced Tali and followed through with it on my second play on ME3. I didnt notice any new options open up when your helping legion free the other geth from the reapers. I thought maybe it would let me save both races but in either of my games quarians or geth were wiped out so my question is, is there any way to save both of them?
    Also my second time through I did every single quest got 100% on all finds in the galaxy and my "galatic readiness" or w/e was still only 50% is this a bug? because it doesnt change from the time i start a new game till the time ive recruited all the races.
    You need to do Multiplayer games to raise your Galactic Readiness.
    Synit 110 - Orc Elemental Shaman [Active]

10+ Year Old Account
    They built the Citadel - it hasn't moved any. It doesn't orbit any stars, it just rotates, and that's what simulates the gravity. After AT LEAST 37 million years of conquests (I'm basing this off the oldest known source, the Derelict Reaper, which was 37 million years old, we're possibly looking at hundreds of millions) I doubt they'd forget the location.

Sovereign had no problem bringing in the entire Geth fleet on his first assault on the Citadel. Same with sending in the entire combined fleet that Shepard had built up when they began the Earth offensive at the end of the game. Not to mention the Reapers created the relays, I'm sure they're quite aware of the limitations.

Reapers are primarily vulnerable when either A. their kinetic barriers are down (Sovereign) or when their shields over the guns are opened up, not including SpaceMagic Thanix cannons. We saw this on Palaven when dozens of Turian dreadnoughts only took down a handful of destroyers and a couple capital ships. We're talking about the biggest Dreadnought fleet in the galaxy and they only took down a handful of Capital ships, and that was a planned attack. Alliance fleets were still on Earth. The entire 2nd, 3rd and 5th fleets were demolished by a DOZEN Capital ships. And the Citadel fleet is built up of very few dreadnoughts (basically, the Destiny Ascension is their ace-in-the-hole and Sovereign almost destroyed that one BY HIMSELF). There's no way a group of ragtag fighters and destroyers could have stopped even a couple Capital ships.

It's a glaring hole. I'm just going to go with suspension of disbelief because if they took the Citadel, there wouldn't be a game.
    Just wanted to point something out that's been overlooked on this. Using spoiler tags just in case. The Reapers have really no reason to go there in any rush. The key thing about the Citadel was always that it acted as a short cut for all the Reapers to enter the Galaxy at in order to launch their invasion. With the vanguard Reaper dead, Soveregin, the rest of them all out in 'Dark Space' had to hoof it the long way into the Galaxy. Once they're already in the Galaxy, what real reason do they have to go to the Citadel aside for their reasoning to go to any homeworld or colony planet? The Citadel does nothing special aside from acting as a mass relay for the Reapers. So without them needing that function anymore, I assume they decided to just throw it further down the list of inhabited places to reap and focus on homeworlds and such, not to mention since TIM was indoc., I would assume the Reapers were trying to use him and his plot with Udina as a more subtle way to gain control of it without direct conflict. It isn't until TIM's plot fails and they learn of the Crucible that the Reapers actually go after the Citadel. I just fail to see a plot hole as to why they MUST HAVE gone directly there first. /shrug

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to...index/10540868

I wrote this little commentary. I think a rewrite is uncalled for, but expanding the current ending could be beneficial for both Bioware and the players, without hurting the perceived "artistic integrity". Beware, wall of text.
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SwdVengeance View Post
    Just wanted to point something out that's been overlooked on this. Using spoiler tags just in case. The Reapers have really no reason to go there in any rush. The key thing about the Citadel was always that it acted as a short cut for all the Reapers to enter the Galaxy at in order to launch their invasion. With the vanguard Reaper dead, Soveregin, the rest of them all out in 'Dark Space' had to hoof it the long way into the Galaxy. Once they're already in the Galaxy, what real reason do they have to go to the Citadel aside for their reasoning to go to any homeworld or colony planet? The Citadel does nothing special aside from acting as a mass relay for the Reapers. So without them needing that function anymore, I assume they decided to just throw it further down the list of inhabited places to reap and focus on homeworlds and such, not to mention since TIM was indoc., I would assume the Reapers were trying to use him and his plot with Udina as a more subtle way to gain control of it without direct conflict. It isn't until TIM's plot fails and they learn of the Crucible that the Reapers actually go after the Citadel. I just fail to see a plot hole as to why they MUST HAVE gone directly there first. /shrug
    Still wrong.

The Citadel has controls for Mass Relays. It was stated, either by Vigil, or in the books, that several relays are laying dormant by the Council because they don't want another Rachni-like situation again.

Vigil also states...

"The Citadel also gives them control of the relay network, cutting off star systems from each other and destroying communications."

It'd be foolish for them to NOT start at the Citadel, they can cut everyone off from eachother.

And then this ties into the ending - they take control of the Citadel and close it over Earth. They had control of it...why didn't they just shut the relays off then?
    Last edited by Kaneiac; 2012-03-24 at 02:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still wrong.

The Citadel has controls for Mass Relays. It was stated, either by Vigil, or in the books, that several relays are laying dormant by the Council because they don't want another Rachni-like situation again.

Vigil also states...

"The Citadel also gives them control of the relay network, cutting off star systems from each other and destroying communications."

It'd be foolish for them to NOT start at the Citadel, they can cut everyone off from eachother.

And then this ties into the ending - they take control of the Citadel and close it over Earth. They had control of it...why didn't they just shut the relays off then?
    Because they believe that nothing in the universe is capable of stopping them. They have no tactics, they simply destroy everything with brute force.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Because they believe that nothing in the universe is capable of stopping them. They have no tactics, they simply destroy everything with brute force.
    Speculation. And...

...they do have tactics. As I said, their tactic is to separate star clusters, destroy communications and methodically destroy them. It's how they've done things for millions of years.

Also, they know that this cycle has destroyed Sovereign, one of their most capable Flagships, and also completely disabled Harbinger's plan of using the Collectors, and THEN destroyed the Relay in the Batarian system.

Yep, they're arrogant and unstoppable. If anything, this cycle, they would have been even more careful and done things by the book. It's not like it's worked for millions and millions of years. I refuse to believe that THIS cycle was where they get a bit arrogant. They've been around for longer than we can comprehend.

The Protheans survived for centuries, even with the relays disabled, because they were much more advanced than any of our races.

They had us whipped in months. And that was WITHOUT disabling the relays.

There's no excuse that they didn't take the Citadel first. And they didn't even disable them WHEN they had the Citadel.

The only reason I can think of is for gameplay purposes. That's honestly the only real answer I've seen that isn't speculation.
    Last edited by Kaneiac; 2012-03-24 at 03:14 AM.