Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    I'm not sure if that is to be after the ending. Or to be a "before you start the game" message. Since you are under house arrest just prior to the games events and I think I remember it being mentioned by Ashley that they wouldn't let her see you otherwise she would have gone early (before the reaper attacks).
    It's definitely sent after you finish the game. It's sent 2-3 days after you beat it. I've NEVER gotten that message when I've started and I sync my Data Pad as soon as it's possible. If my messages don't bug out this time give me a few days to see if the message pops up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post
    It's definitely sent after you finish the game. It's sent 2-3 days after you beat it.
    But it could just be the data pad giving you a "pre-game" message. Instead of an "after game" message. It could just assume you start a new game after you finish one and sends that message away. Given that it doesn't make much sense to send it out once you start a new game since the message would be behind the events of the introduction.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted
    But it could just be the data pad giving you a "pre-game" message. Instead of an "after game" message. It could just assume you start a new game after you finish one and sends that message away. Given that it doesn't make much sense to send it out once you start a new game since the message would be behind the events of the introduction.
    Here's an article or whatever about it: http://www.examiner.com/video-game-i...ding-the-works
    It's definitely sent post-ending and it's either from Ashely, Kaidan or Liara.

EDIT: And some "proof" it's not something that's sent at the beginning of the game.

"This is clearly not from the start of the game, as Shepard makes a comment to Kaidan/Ashley about how they have not tried to contact him/her the entire time s/he’s been incarcerated. So is there more to the game?"

Not sure if this was posted yet, just saw it on BSN

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/games/supplydepot/

Look at the fifth bullet under features. Well played Blizz, well played.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teasy View Post
    Funniest thing is, it's actually quite nice to believe that somewhere out there might be a race similar to Turians or Asari :P
    I know that Indoctrination theory is currently the only one that makes any sense, but I guess I won't believe in anything until they point it out themselves.
    They have been teasing about releasing dlcs that are spoilerheavy, quite possible after the ending seeing as the only ending where you survive (/break free) is if you choose to destroy with max EMS (/enough force to break free and survive).
    Either way, we will know after the april DLC (provided its not another alternative outfit package)

Quote Originally Posted by Alistairr View Post
    Mass Effect Cartoon - Debut Trailer

Def not an April Fools joke!

Funny as heck. (i didnt want to start a new thread)
    Why cant i hold all these wallets to throw at someone to make it?

If they replace Barla with Liara that is...
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2012-04-01 at 03:08 PM.

Here's an article or whatever about it: http://www.examiner.com/video-game-i...ding-the-works
    It's definitely sent post-ending and it's either from Ashely, Kaidan or Liara.

EDIT: And some "proof" it's not something that's sent at the beginning of the game.

"This is clearly not from the start of the game, as Shepard makes a comment to Kaidan/Ashley about how they have not tried to contact him/her the entire time s/he’s been incarcerated. So is there more to the game?"
    Random thought here. Has anyone seen Ashly/Kaidan leave the Normandy in the final scene, ever?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Random thought here. Has anyone seen Ashly/Kaidan leave the Normandy in the final scene, ever?
    Nah, they were too busy standing over my corpse still asking me whether I was still with Cerberus or not....

Deleted
    Yes, I have. I had Kaidan in my group for the final assault on my first playthrough and he was the first one to step out of Normandy in the ending cinematic. Well, after Joker but I'm sure you catch my drift.

EDIT: Here you go, my good man.

Last edited by mmoc66a46237a3; 2012-04-01 at 03:40 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I believe I got that. I picked blue and saw her. I think Blue shows your love interest, Joker, and Javik (I guess if you have the DLC).
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted
    I believe I got that. I picked blue and saw her. I think Blue shows your love interest, Joker, and Javik (I guess if you have the DLC).
    Based on the videos and what I've experienced myself the crew you had for the final assault will be the ones stepping out of of Normandy with Joker. I know EDI steps out if you chose synthesis, but at least for red it has always been the crew I picked for the final mission. On my first playthrough I had Kaidan and Liara with me, they were the ones who stepped out of the Normandy. On this playthrough I had Garrus and Javik. They both stepped out of the Normandy.

Though I'm not sure if your ending choice affects it. I already mentioned I know EDI stepping out when you choose green/synthesis and I've always gone for the red/destruction ending myself. The comment is just based on my own experience so do correct me if I'm horribly wrong.
    Last edited by mmoc66a46237a3; 2012-04-01 at 03:48 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Based on the videos and what I've experienced myself the crew you had for the final assault will be the ones stepping out of of Normandy with Joker. I know EDI steps out if you chose synthesis, but at least for red it has always been the crew I picked for the final mission. On my first playthrough I had Kaidan and Liara with me, they were the ones who stepped out of the Normandy. On this playthrough I had Garrus and Javik. They both stepped out of the Normandy.
    Then that datapad message doesn't make much sense. If they are shown crash landed on a planet of course they can't come down and see you. Every time a new connection is made and you think the ending gets explained a little you find out that it only gets more confusing.

Deleted
    Then that datapad message doesn't make much sense. If they are shown crash landed on a planet of course they can't come down and see you. Every time a new connection is made and you think the ending gets explained a little you find out that it only gets more confusing.
    One theory is that after the war, you are in a hospital with severe trauma and injuries (indoctrination, laser in the face, war etc).
    These kind of patients dont get to have alot of visitors.

Deleted
    I think you're kinda missing the point. You get that message if you get the "Shepard survives" teaser (I think) which leans towards the hinting that Shepard is actually still alive in the midst of rubble. So from what I've caught it means Shepard is actully on Earth or somewhere else, most likely in a hospital and in such intensive care (well duh, s/he was just in a huge explosion) that the doctor's haven't allowed anyone to visit you yet. So, thus the teaser.

I was too slow when I tried to word my message right. Basically what Gravath just wrote.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    One theory is that after the war, you are in a hospital with severe trauma and injuries (indoctrination, laser in the face, war etc).
    These kind of patients dont get to have alot of visitors.
    If Kaiden/Ashley can be shown in the scene where the Normandy crash lands on a planet. Then they can't really be visiting someone in a hospital unless they happened to crash land on the planet with the hospital. Which wouldn't mane any sense since the Normandy was shown in the middle of a Mass Relay jump and crash landed after the explosion/energy caught up with them.

They do have a quantum entangled communicator so could still contact others no matter what. But if they are being restricted from seeing Shepard in the hospital then they have been rescued. And I just don't see them being rescued all the quick or the whole scene is a little pointless. It is thrown in there for a reason, and I don't feel that reason is so they can be rescued in a few days or weeks then go try and visit Shepard in the Hospital. Non-relay transit would take longer then it should take Shepard to recover. Though it did take Cerberus 2 years to bring him back from the dead so who knows how long he is in the hospital for.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2012-04-01 at 04:16 PM.

Deleted
    I give up. I honestly don't understand why you're overcomplicating this. The bottomline was that it's a same kind of teaser like seeing Shepard taking a breath in the middle of the rubble.

Deleted
    If Kaiden/Ashley can be shown in the scene where the Normandy crash lands on a planet. Then they can't really be visiting someone in a hospital unless they happened to crash land on the planet with the hospital. Which wouldn't mane any sense since the Normandy was shown in the middle of a Mass Relay jump and crash landed after the explosion/energy caught up with them.

They do have a quantum entangled communicator so could still contact others no matter what. But if they are being restricted from seeing Shepard in the hospital then they have been rescued. And I just don't see them being rescued all the quick or the whole scene is a little pointless. It is thrown in there for a reason, and I don't feel that reason is so they can be rescued in a few days or weeks then go try and visit Shepard in the Hospital. Non-relay transit would take longer then it should take Shepard to recover. Though it did take Cerberus 2 years to bring him back from the dead so who knows how long he is in the hospital for.
    Because that never happened.
    Everything we see, is what Sheppard sees.
    Dreams, illusions etc.

Yes, I have. I had Kaidan in my group for the final assault on my first playthrough and he was the first one to step out of Normandy in the ending cinematic. Well, after Joker but I'm sure you catch my drift.

EDIT: Here you go, my good man.
    Ah, okay. Was just wondering if those two did stay back on Earth when Joker went joyriding out of the system. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Not sure if this was posted yet, just saw it on BSN

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/games/supplydepot/

Look at the fifth bullet under features. Well played Blizz, well played.
    It's obvious whoever came up with this joke was a gamer, because they are as angry as we are!

15+ Year Old Account
    I give up. I honestly don't understand why you're overcomplicating this. The bottomline was that it's a same kind of teaser like seeing Shepard taking a breath in the middle of the rubble.
    How am I over complicating it? it? I'm trying to reconcile the two. Crash landing on some unknown planet that is no where near Earth with getting a message about not being able to visit someone in the hospital. The two can't be happening any near the same time frame. Which is why I indicated that the Datapad App teaser is confusing given that the Normandy crash landing can show your love interest .

Just how do you propose Ashley or Kaiden visit shepard when they are light years apart? Space magic?

Deleted
    How am I over complicating it? it? I'm trying to reconcile the two. Crash landing on some unknown planet that is no where near Earth with getting a message about not being able to visit someone in the hospital. The two can't be happening any near the same time frame. Which is why I indicated that the Datapad App teaser is confusing given that the Normandy crash landing can show your love interest .

Just how do you propose Ashley or Kaiden visit shepard when they are light years apart? Space magic?
    Would explain http://i.imgur.com/jO6dS.jpg