Ya, I don't use the double zoom at all. The way it works though is that you can hold right click to zoom like normal and keep it there. It's only when you hold left click that it does the double zoom, so for me I just hold right click and rapid tap the left click when I want to fire to try to get all 3 shots going ASAP.

Part of the problem with Krysae is that it has no ArPn, and even with the mod/ammo, you still can't do damage to guardians from the front. I think all explosive shots (Falcon/Striker/Krysae/Arc Pistol) are like that. It's weird too since in the description it specifically says it has armor pen. So if you shot the Krysae at a Brute's shoulder for instance, it won't do damage, but it should knock off his metal shoulder pad.

Sadly though, I've noticed that my Krysae still does similar, if not better damage against armored targets compared to my Valiant (with armor pen mods). Of course I have Valiant I (mmm Hurricane III) vs Krysae X.

---------- Post added 2012-06-01 at 02:19 AM ----------

Oh ok, another 2 things I thought of.

1) Just like a Brute having those shoulder pads, cannibals and husks get that armor buff from Marauders, so if you noticed Krysae doing no damage to those, it's because the first shot knocks off their armor, and then the second and 3rd shot should kill them. Of course this is inferior to the Valiant with armor pen mods.

2) Krysae ignores shield gate which is one of the biggest reasons it's the strongest sniper riffle. As far as I know, Claymore is the only other gun that ignores shield gate? Maybe Geth Pulse Shotgun. This means with a Salarian, you can energy drain, and kill a phantom in 2 shots.
    Last edited by Windry; 2012-06-01 at 09:21 AM.

Question: What the heck is a shield gate?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    Like a floodgate, but with shields.

Deleted
    Shield Gate

Had to google it myself.

Getting a bit fed up playing as an adept at the moment. I've specced it for the big biotic explosions yet they're getting stolen by other people. It's fine when I'm playing with friends (we've all got our adepts set up roughly the same), but with randoms the normal huge damage explosions are like wet noodles =[

Quote Originally Posted by Reganom View Post
    Shield Gate

Had to google it myself.

Getting a bit fed up playing as an adept at the moment. I've specced it for the big biotic explosions yet they're getting stolen by other people. It's fine when I'm playing with friends (we've all got our adepts set up roughly the same), but with randoms the normal huge damage explosions are like wet noodles =[
    Mahalo. Never knew about that. lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reganom View Post
    Shield Gate

Had to google it myself.

So essentially, its a magic shield thats behind the shield that is removed in one shot that is only activated and deactivated when the primary shield goes down and only lasts for the shot that took down the shields.

Space magic.
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2012-06-01 at 12:56 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Windry View Post
    Part of the problem with Krysae is that it has no ArPn, and even with the mod/ammo, you still can't do damage to guardians from the front. I think all explosive shots (Falcon/Striker/Krysae/Arc Pistol) are like that. It's weird too since in the description it specifically says it has armor pen. So if you shot the Krysae at a Brute's shoulder for instance, it won't do damage, but it should knock off his metal shoulder pad.
    Who needs armor penetration with a mail slot.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted
    Shield gate is the reason you see some Infiltrators with the Geth Shotgun etc, it fires 3 shots so bypasses it.

Why is it that I have the unhealthy urge to tear off the suit of every volus I come across?

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    So essentially, its a magic shield thats behind the shield that is removed in one shot that is only activated and deactivated when the primary shield goes down and only lasts for the shot that took down the shields.

Space magic.
    Bungie started it with Halo, you might want to take it up with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post

Space magic.
    More likely the shield robs the shot of a lot of kinetic energy as it pops.

Deleted
    Screw MP, too many people seemingly using dial-up from China, sick of warping 10ft everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    Screw MP, too many people seemingly using dial-up from China, sick of warping 10ft everywhere.
    You ever try hosting your own game?

I can't connect to MP. At all. Can't even get to the menu, character selection, anything.

"You have been disconnected from Mass Effect 3 Server. Connect again."

Nothing else. It pops up everytime I click on Multiplayer from Main Menu.

Tried a few things, all I have left is removing the game and Origin and then reinstall both.FML
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."

Happened to me the other day. The problem persisted for a few hours and then just went away.

15+ Year Old Account
    =( Have they finished giving out the commendation packs? I know I promoted all the characters needed for the operation and I still havent gotten my pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    =( Have they finished giving out the commendation packs? I know I promoted all the characters needed for the operation and I still havent gotten my pack.
    They gave them out on Wednesday. Try contacting EA support.

Quote Originally Posted by Windry View Post
    If you haven't received your Commendation Pack yet, go to:
    https://help.ea.com/contact-us?product=mass-effect-3
    Category: Game play/ In game issues.

I just did it choose live chat, waited 2 minutes, the guy fixed the issue and I got... Hurricane III. It's OK, someone's gotta play those Turians right?

15+ Year Old Account
    They gave them out on Wednesday. Try contacting EA support.
    Would that work if I'm on the xbox?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Would that work if I'm on the xbox?
    I would assume so. As far as I'm aware it makes no difference what version you play when it comes to customer support. Either way, the worst they can do is say they can't help you, so why not try?

15+ Year Old Account
    I would assume so. As far as I'm aware it makes no difference what version you play when it comes to customer support. Either way, the worst they can do is say they can't help you, so why not try?
    Yerh I was just asking to make sure, but I will try. Ty