Quote Originally Posted by Daverid View Post
    This is spot on ..

Back 6months or go or more I picked up ME2 as I had heard from a friend the series was awesome ... I thought ME2 was incredible and played it at least 3times through after 2-3months ... I never felt compelled to get ME1 as I assumed everything you needed to know was represented in ME2 and ME1 was unimportant ... And whilst this is true if you *Really* don't feel like going back and playing ME1, you can pretty much understand everything without having played ME1 ... It's just such a better experience ... I just finished ME1 for the first time Recently and it was amazing, combat felt a bit clunky coming from ME2 but the story, WOW. And now I'm back in ME2 getting a Save ready for ME3 (With all the Paragon Choices from ME1 and 2) ... And there's just so much more .. People crop up and come out at random times in the story by using the ME1 save ... People you would never have expected and you really realise that this is such a massive ongoing and real story with an incredible world. It just gets me SO excited for 3 and I'm currently Counting down the days!!!!!

Oh and one thing that I just ran into on ME2 after transferring the ME1 save and it's gotten me super excited is this : *Slight ME1 Spoiler Involving Rachni*I saved the Rachni Queen in ME1 and just got the message on Illum about the Rachni rebuilding and 'singing my praises' in ME2 ... REALLY looking forward to the Rachni coming out and aiding Shephard in ME3 ... Will be fucking awesome, if they don't, I'll be a sadpanda
    You wanna know something else that'll blow your mind? As amazing as the import feature was with ME2, it only carried over about 60 events from ME1. ME3 will carry over 1000 events from ME1 and 2.

What I want to know is, will I have to rebuild my characters, or will there be an option to "select" previous choices, which would be pretty nifty. long story short deleted most of my saves accidentally when I installed my new OS.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    You wanna know something else that'll blow your mind? As amazing as the import feature was with ME2, it only carried over about 60 events from ME1. ME3 will carry over 1000 events from ME1 and 2.
    Yea like I said .. COUNTING DOWN THE DAYS... It's going to make me sad that this series has to end, but it will also be AWESOME to see what happens and how it's played out ... Overly Excited :P Still tossing up whether or not to play the Demo when it's out for fear of ruining even one moment of the story :S

Quote Originally Posted by Stuffs View Post
    What I want to know is, will I have to rebuild my characters, or will there be an option to "select" previous choices, which would be pretty nifty. long story short deleted most of my saves accidentally when I installed my new OS.
    You can select certain previous choices, but it's nothing detailed. Wrex will be dead by default for example. I believe it only allows you to choose a few big things, such as Ashley/Kaiden surviving, and in ME2 you get to choose who you put on the council in ME1 and if you saved the original council or not. In the ME3 demo there was also a choice that allowed you to say that most of your crew died in the suicide mission.

In general, it kind of screws you if you don't import a save. I say, if you own ME1 and 2, get to work! I didn't have any of my old ME 1 and 2 saves, and I knocked out both games 100% complete in just about a week. You still have plenty of time before ME3 comes out, enough for 2-3 100% playthroughs of ME1 and 2.

If you're going for a speedrun, I recommend using the mission/assignment guides on the wiki and on gamefaqs, and just run through on casual. Play a soldier for an even faster run, (you can change your class at the start of ME2 and 3, even on an imported save) go go go!!!

Ah it's good Laurcus that they're letting you decide some of the things that happened in 2 when you start 3 .. Before I played ME1 and got the save it was kinda annoying that they forced you to be a 'Set in Stone' Shepard...

However another Option Stuffs, and I don't recommend cheating in general, but if you really cbf with playing the game through properly again to get your saves ... You can always download a Trainer (I'm sure there are some out there) for ME1/2 and just steamroll through the game/s .. Just spacebar any scenes you can and get back the Shepard you used to have.

Otherwise, and this is what I would recommend, play it through again! Unless you only played it through like a week or 2 ago and just installed your new OS ... Mass Effect series is ALWAYS worth another play

Quote Originally Posted by Daverid View Post
    Ah it's good Laurcus that they're letting you decide some of the things that happened in 2 when you start 3 .. Before I played ME1 and got the save it was kinda annoying that they forced you to be a 'Set in Stone' Shepard...

However another Option Stuffs, and I don't recommend cheating in general, but if you really cbf with playing the game through properly again to get your saves ... You can always download a Trainer (I'm sure there are some out there) for ME1/2 and just steamroll through the game/s .. Just spacebar any scenes you can and get back the Shepard you used to have.

Otherwise, and this is what I would recommend, play it through again! Unless you only played it through like a week or 2 ago and just installed your new OS ... Mass Effect series is ALWAYS worth another play
    If someone is playing the PC versions there's always. masseffectsaves.com You can download save games for ME1 and 2 there. I haven't used it myself, but I've heard there are quite a few options on the site. And no, this isn't illegal, Bioware does not care if people use it, it's a very long running and respected Mass Effect fansite.

In general, it kind of screws you if you don't import a save. I say, if you own ME1 and 2, get to work! I didn't have any of my old ME 1 and 2 saves, and I knocked out both games 100% complete in just about a week. You still have plenty of time before ME3 comes out, enough for 2-3 100% playthroughs of ME1 and 2.
    Not too worried about having enough time, just that Im going to have to spend some time on it in and of itself. While a soldier would be a quick run through, not sure if I want to just to mix it up. Played soldier and vanguard in ME1, Infiltrator in ME2. Thinking of trying out Adept, didn't care for vanguard. Soldier seems fairly bland, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. Haven't played that class for a while.

Not too worried about having enough time, just that Im going to have to spend some time on it in and of itself. While a soldier would be a quick run through, not sure if I want to just to mix it up. Played soldier and vanguard in ME1, Infiltrator in ME2. Thinking of trying out Adept, didn't care for vanguard. Soldier seems fairly bland, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. Haven't played that class for a while.
    A lot of people say the soldier is boring. Personally, I love it because adrenaline rush is smexy. ^_^

A lot of people say the soldier is boring. Personally, I love it because adrenaline rush is smexy. ^_^
    My main gripe is it focuses more on guns rather than powers. I understand why, but it isn't my cup of tea. I really wish someone else had access to assault rifles though, I hate most of the other guns when you actually need to shoot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saw this on the youtube a couple days ago. Thought it was funny.

i'm so excited, can't wait for the demo on the 14th.

My playthrough - Paragon Shepard

ME1:
    -Saved the Council
    -Wrex alive
    -Saved Ashley in Virmire
    -Anderson joined the Council
    -Saved the Rachni Queen
    -Romanced Liara

ME2:
    -Destroyed the collector base
    -All party members survived the suicide mission
    -Romanced Miranda
    -Liara is the new shadow broker
    -Destroyed the batarian colony in the Arrival DLC

---------- Post added 2012-02-12 at 06:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Raphtheone View Post
    You're not a real ME gamer if you aren't. I sure am. I did the same in before ME2, and now any real gamer will want a perfect save to port to ME3, if they haven't done one already.
    Doing that too, but at a slower pace because i'm going with Insanity difficulty

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Saw this on the youtube a couple days ago. Thought it was funny.

Oh Wulfharth, if only Bioware PCs would actually break the 4th wall like that. I might actually consider playing one of their games.

Oh wait, no. Mostly because it wouldn't distract from the fact that 90% of their games now is comprised of sitting around a campfire and being a therapist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostbane View Post
    Oh Wulfharth, if only Bioware PCs would actually break the 4th wall like that. I might actually consider playing one of their games.

Oh wait, no. Mostly because it wouldn't distract from the fact that 90% of their games now is comprised of sitting around a campfire and being a therapist.
    Even when I try and post something fun on these forums it seems to be a futile gesture. Have fun with whatever in life.

Deleted
    Even when I try and post something fun on these forums it seems to be a futile gesture. Have fun with whatever in life.
    It was funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was funny.
    I'm glad. That would have been the most appropriate response to it. Could have done without the I HATE GAME X BECAUSE OF REASON Y part. Now you'll say freedom of speech blah blah and inside I grow more and more tired.

Deleted
    I'm glad. That would have been the most appropriate response to it. Could have done without the I HATE GAME X BECAUSE OF REASON Y part. Now you'll say freedom of speech blah blah and inside I grow more and more tired.
    That statement was supposed to be funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    That statement was supposed to be funny.
    Oh damn I'm sorry then. To many "discussions" with others have lead me to be rather defensive. My apologies. I give you a hearty sheldon cooper laugh.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-02-12 at 09:29 AM.

Deleted
    Oh damn I'm sorry then. To many "discussions" with others have lead me to be rather defensive about somethings. My apologies.
    A cup then! To death and glory and friendship!

Jumping around with what class I want to play the whole thing through with, can't pick between soldier, adept and engineer. What did you pick?

Quote Originally Posted by thebum06 View Post
    Ugh, from the look of that post it's yet another fast paced shooter. Don't we have enough of those already?
    It's a sci-fi action RPG in a universe filled with T2 class civilizations (or some such), not a mere "fast paced shooter". It would be like claiming Star Wars is just "some movie", Star Trek "some series" and World of Warcraft "some online game". They're all so much more.

Quote Originally Posted by Flextt View Post
    ME 2 = Gears of War with the intention of calling itself action adventure... please...
    I suggest you actually play the games, you'd be pleasantly surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Is it any important to play ME before ME2?
    If I played ME2 without having played ME1 prior, it'd just be "yet another (pretty awesome) game". The fun in talking with people you know again, such as Anderson, Wrex and Tali, or the joy when you discover the identity of Archangel, even tidbits like small comments here and there are all lost if you haven't played the previous games. This goes for any series of games though.

As previously mentioned, masseffectsaves.com. I've had mishaps with my saves as well, excellent source to find what you're after without spending 40 hours getting it back. There are savegame editors as well, the best I know of that fits what you're looking for is Gibbed MassEffect2 Save Editor (or some such). You can edit saves with it, checking and unchecking flags, altering progression in various things etc, and edit things that only goes live after you import the save into a new game. It has helped me plenty "restoring" lost saves.

Quote Originally Posted by RevanSparda View Post
    Doing that too, but at a slower pace because i'm going with Insanity difficulty
    I did the same. About half-way I discovered I imported the wrong save >.< I then had to run through what I thought was the correct save, only to find out it wasn't. I'm now back at running through what I finally think is the correct one, only I'm doing it on casual mode ( >.< ), and figure I'll import that game when I've finished the game and have verified all the choices made, and play through ME2 again, this time on Insanity.

Word to the wise, do NOT mislabel your saves! It'll haunt you in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Jumping around with what class I want to play the whole thing through with, can't pick between soldier, adept and engineer. What did you pick?
    Any class with a sniper rifle, that's how I reason. I will be confused in ME3.

Oh, and regarding the Rachni, I always save them because I always figured it won't hurt having a powerful friend. However, they were brain washed once, there's nothing saying they won't be again. Choose carefully!