10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    It wasn't free because it was part of the collectors edition of the game. Why buy the collectors edition when you can get the regular edition and get javik for free without paying?
    lol, cuz the dlc its the only things that came with CE...
    patch, artbook, (reduced) comic, "postcard" and a beautiful metal box (and the dlc of course)

i didn't care for the dlc, i was going to buy it but, surprise! it came too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion View Post
    The loss of the ability to pass on loot is the loss of the ability to choose. This is communism
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    A year from now someone on these forums is gonna say that the (wod) launch went smoothly..... I am gonna remind that asshole of this launch, this shit is not going smoothly at all.

Psh I didn't even buy it for the physical goodies. I wanted it for the digital ones. Plus I'm a CE whore. >_>

Still, though, I HIGHLY doubt From Ashes was a paid DLC only to incentivize purchasing the Collector's Edition. One of the reasons, sure, but I doubt it's the only one.

Fun fact of the day: The ex-Cerberus characters can use their whips to detonate biotic effects. Never noticed until today.

---------- Post added 2012-07-11 at 11:54 PM ----------

http://soundcloud.com/killscreen-sou...onichellbearer

According to an interview made on the sounds of D3, that "thing" in the link is actually vocalized by none other than the voice of Saren Arterius, Fred Tatasciore. That's just scary and amazing at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    Psh I didn't even buy it for the physical goodies. I wanted it for the digital ones. Plus I'm a CE whore. >_>

Still, though, I HIGHLY doubt From Ashes was a paid DLC only to incentivize purchasing the Collector's Edition. One of the reasons, sure, but I doubt it's the only one.
    You have it a bit backwards. Javik initially was ONLY going to be a part of the collectors edition to encourage people to buy the collectors edition. Initially their was no DLC. So many people whined about this on the BSN that they reversed that decisions and offered it as a paid dlc to regular edition owners. Only fair thing to do. Again while you and like 3 other people buy it for patches and art books the real draw for many (and you'll notice BW knows this as well) is and always has been CONTENT. Nobody gives a shit about fake plastic crap you get inside the box. I still have my fallout 3 bobblehead fallout boy but that's not why I bought fallout3 collectors.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    You have it a bit backwards. Javik initially was ONLY going to be a part of the collectors edition to encourage people to buy the collectors edition. Initially their was no DLC. So many people whined about this on the BSN that they reversed that decisions and offered it as a paid dlc to regular edition owners. Only fair thing to do. Again while you and like 3 other people buy it for patches and art books the real draw for many (and you'll notice BW knows this as well) is and always has been CONTENT. Nobody gives a shit about fake plastic crap you get inside the box. I still have my fallout 3 bobblehead fallout boy but that's not why I bought fallout3 collectors.
    You're right, I didn't know that. However, you underestimate how many people would have bought the Collector's Edition even if it didn't include the DLC. Maybe you don't care about the in-game digital goodies and the physical goodies, but many people do. They may be a minority, but it's not "me and 3 other people."

You also seem to be getting a tad hostile. Perhaps you should go cool off and come back?

Just finished the game, and I have to say: it was amazing. Only thing I'd have changed would be cutting everything from meeting the Illusive Man on the Citadel up to and including the "choices" at the end, and just have it automatically be the one where the Reapers get destroyed. The ending is pretty much a copy/paste of Deus Ex: Human Revolution, and its just unnecessary. You've basically spent 3 games working towards destroying the Reapers, suddenly changing your mind just doesn't make sense.
    Had to get used to having pretty much everything on the same button as well.
    Another thing, is there ANY reason for the security scan field thing on the Command Deck of the Normandy to be there/stop you? I know its only a few seconds, but damn did it feel like lots of wasted time.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2012-07-11 at 10:16 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Just to put it out there, they ultimately copied Foundation's Edge by Isaac Asimov, which was written in 1982. HR may have been the most recent one with that sort of ending, but it certainly wasn't original for them either.

Deleted
    So far at least, Mass Effect DLC has been very good for its price. I'm not really counting the appearance packs, just the ones that provided actual content, and the only one I thought was rather meh was Pinnacle Station in ME1. The rest were all worth the expense.

Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    Another thing, is there ANY reason for the security scan field thing on the Command Deck of the Normandy to be there/stop you? I know its only a few seconds, but damn did it feel like lots of wasted time.
    I'm fairly certain it's a loading buffer. The brief stop allows the game to load the rest of the ship.

I'm fairly certain it's a loading buffer. The brief stop allows the game to load the rest of the ship.
    So just like some doors in the game? Still kinda weird, though, because in ME2 there were no problems loading a whole deck at once(as far as I know, anyway)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

So just like some doors in the game? Still kinda weird, though, because in ME2 there were no problems loading a whole deck at once(as far as I know, anyway)
    ME2's loading screen was also around a lot longer during the elevator ride than it is in ME3. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Just finished the game, and I have to say: it was amazing. Only thing I'd have changed would be cutting everything from meeting the Illusive Man on the Citadel up to and including the "choices" at the end, and just have it automatically be the one where the Reapers get destroyed. The ending is pretty much a copy/paste of Deus Ex: Human Revolution, and its just unnecessary. You've basically spent 3 games working towards destroying the Reapers, suddenly changing your mind just doesn't make sense.
    Had to get used to having pretty much everything on the same button as well.
    The security screen is a loading screen I do believe. When you're in the comm room, the CIC and bridge are not loaded.

---------- Post added 2012-07-11 at 06:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    I think I would much prefer to have a longer loading screen. As short as it is, that wait is far too long.
    Agreed, would prefer a loading screen myself. ME2 load screens were tolerable, at least on my computer.
    Putin khuliyo

I prefer the scanner just because it makes switching decks nearly instant, and considering I go to every deck at least once between every mission, that's a very good thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrmwing View Post
    So far at least, Mass Effect DLC has been very good for its price. I'm not really counting the appearance packs, just the ones that provided actual content, and the only one I thought was rather meh was Pinnacle Station in ME1. The rest were all worth the expense.
    I thought about getting Pinnacle, but I just wasn't interested enough. I do agree though, ME has damn good DLC, and not once has BioWare violated my particular dislikes about DLC (that being bought DLC containing important plot points.) Arrival, Overlord, Kasumi, Shadow Broker are downright amazing, and Prothy the Prothean was a great character. Felt bad for him though, the last of his kind.
    Putin khuliyo

One way to solve this would be to make it so that missions didn't dump you in that back room to talk to Hackett (Does anybody even like him?)

That said, I would never go down there again if I didn't have to...
    I like Hackett but he is quite the Chatty Cathy in ME3. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    One way to solve this would be to make it so that missions didn't dump you in that back room to talk to Hackett (Does anybody even like him?)

That said, I would never go down there again if I didn't have to...
    Heh, I like Hackett as a character, but I do get annoyed that I have to talk to him after every freaking mission.

Those two privates at the scanner though? If I could push them out the airlock, I would.
    Putin khuliyo

If memory serves me correctly, there is mroe detail to it, especially in the war room, where they also have more variables and interactive objects to fiddle with which means more stuff to load in total if teh deck was in one piece. And console specifications are still the same...
    How were the loading times in ME2 on consoles, I wonder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kivipää View Post
    If memory serves me correctly, there is mroe detail to it, especially in the war room, where they also have more variables and interactive objects to fiddle with which means more stuff to load in total if teh deck was in one piece. And console specifications are still the same...
    How were the loading times in ME2 on consoles, I wonder.
    ME2, being two years older, probably has less detail and fewer shaders in use, so perhaps that helps. Which is strange, because I prefer the interior look of the SR-2 while it was under Cerberus command than under the Systems Alliance.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    ME2, being two years older, probably has less detail and fewer shaders in use, so perhaps that helps. Which is strange, because I prefer the interior look of the SR-2 while it was under Cerberus command than under the Systems Alliance.
    Well, wasn't the Normandy still kinda in the middle of retrofitting when they had to bust out during the Reaper invasion? That probably didn't help matters, though you'd think they would have cleaned up during the months of flying around the galaxy playing peacekeeper. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Just to put it out there, they ultimately copied Foundation's Edge by Isaac Asimov, which was written in 1982. HR may have been the most recent one with that sort of ending, but it certainly wasn't original for them either.
    Those were such good novels. Did you read the entire series? I get the paralell between foundations edge as trevize has to make a difficult decision for all mankind but ME is actually more like a copy of the end of the dune series. At the end of Sandworms of dune Duncan Idaho LITERALLY becomes the control ending except he remains alive. He is the true kwisatz haderach and is able to "shorten the way" but controlling man and machine. Bringing them together in harmony after millenia of strife.

Actually theirs another novel after foundations edge where Golan Trevize is kind of second guessing his original choice and tries to figure out arguments in favor of Gaia instead of psychository by looking for earth. It's a great book. Tge entire series was amazing and the last book in particular ties together neatly with the robot series of books as well.

I prefer the scanner myself, you get interesting NPC chatter as you go through it. Are we sure it's a loading screen though? I thought it was for immersion purposes.

---------- Post added 2012-07-12 at 12:12 AM ----------

You're right, I didn't know that. However, you underestimate how many people would have bought the Collector's Edition even if it didn't include the DLC. Maybe you don't care about the in-game digital goodies and the physical goodies, but many people do. They may be a minority, but it's not "me and 3 other people."

You also seem to be getting a tad hostile. Perhaps you should go cool off and come back?
    I'm curious what exactly made you think I was hostile? Isn't just as easy to say your painting your own perception on me? Again I don't think it was very many people who did it for physical things, you and 3 others was just a exaggeration.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2012-07-12 at 12:14 AM.