10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    [snip]

That second reply :P
    Ugh. Fuck those guys.

I don't think I have enough time on earth to see "Blame the video game" crowd go extinct. (I'm 26 btw.)

Maybe its because I like Bioware, but I don't find these comments on their facebook and twitter as funny as I probably should.
    To think of it again, it is probably because I have such a low threshold of tolerance towards stupidity.

I wonder how they felt. I mean, let's visualize this for example:

"Yes, I made a comment on the facebook page of a video game company because they are the ones responsible for the deaths of children at an elementary school. They are responsible because the shooter liked their game on facebook."
    "I also refuse to acknowledge that there are fucked up people on this earth that might do things that are too horrible for me to comprehend. Instead of trying to look at the culprit's life to see what went wrong where to produce such a fucked up personality and reasoning for him to commit this act, I am going to blame whatever media points me at. And this comment I left on this page makes me a good, a better person due to these reasons alone. I can now sleep better because I told a big gaming company what they deserved!"

I guess that sums up the unconscious of those who like to become the "Facebook Heroes: Modern saviors who combat evil one comment at a time! NO CAPES!"
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Game-related: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to.../15283909&lf=8

I did not see that coming. O.o
    Collectors really aren't all that hard. You can easily reduce Scion damage and armor by blowing up the sacks. Seeker swarms only hurt certain kits. I usually just ignore them because I've been playing weapon based classes like N7 Destroyer or Geth Soldier where I don't have any powers I use. Just ones I turn on and leave on.

Praetorians aren't really that hard as long as you can move. The only thing I really hate about them are possessed exploding husks because they always sneak up on me and I kill them before I realize which ones they are. And next thing you know I got a nuke going off in my face.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Mass Effect had as much influence on this shooting as the price of tea in China did. Whoever blames video games needs to get a grip.
    Video games are always the first thing to get blamed when a young person snaps and goes on a killing spree.

My Facebook has been blowing up today though because I have a lot of friends in Connecticut and the surrounding areas (NY, Mass, RI), since I lived there for a few years.

Fucking gun-wielding cowards and modern day witch hunt enthusiasts. People are such sheep, I just have no words to accurately convey the amount of stupidity that mentality entails. All I feel is sympathy for the families, and anger towards our species as a whole today. So much fail on so many levels. It's good to see that the posters here have a good head on their shoulders and we did not see any of that kind of stuff here at least. At least I know there's some god damn sane people somewhere out there, although I'm starting think were vastly outnumbered more and more each day.

---------- Post added 2012-12-15 at 07:00 AM ----------

On a positive note, I just ordered myself an N7 hoodie for Christmas, they actually have some in right now. They also have some Cerberus T's on sale right now too if anyone's interested.

I like Tali's shirt better(dem hips), but Liara is Liara... so torn.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-12-15 at 12:22 PM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Hello people, quick question,
    My copy of Mass Effect 3 is a russian key(it was way cheaper) and I don't own any dlc. I want to buy some on Origin; would dlc be compatible with my game? Or would i have to play them in russian?

Deleted
    If your game is official and activated on origin (and you play from origin) you can change language in origin settings, you'll have to download a couple file I think.

I have a french version and played in english from day one, and played every dlc in english just fine.

Deleted
    The Reapers can't come soon enough...

Quote Originally Posted by Saitan View Post
    The Reapers can't come soon enough...
    Well, it's the 21st next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    On a positive note, I just ordered myself an N7 hoodie for Christmas, they actually have some in right now. They also have some Cerberus T's on sale right now too if anyone's interested.

I like Tali's shirt better(dem hips), but Liara is Liara... so torn.
    I paid the $325 balance on the N7 Ambassador watch yesterday. Got an email saying their early shipment would be getting to their warehouse tomorrow (today now) and they'd be checked in and ready for shipment first thing next week. Originally it was expected for late January/early February shipment, so that was surprising. Was my Christmas gift. lol

I so wish I had the money for that watch.

I don't usually wear watches (I don't even own one atm), but that's mainly because I haven't found any I actually liked. I fell in love with that one when I saw it on their Facebook page, though. Decided after about 10 minutes that that was what I wanted for Christmas. :P

Deleted
    Yeah it's a nice watch. I prefer my Ice-Watch tho' I dunno how the quality of that ME3 watch is as 325 dollars aren't that cheap

It's actually $475. $325 was the remaining balance after the $150 deposit you put down when you ordered (limited edition watch). I've heard good things about MSTR watches.

Deleted
    I wish the shipping fees weren't as bad for europe, a 12$ mug, 42$ total...

Quote Originally Posted by Sekira View Post
    I wish the shipping fees weren't as bad for europe, a 12$ mug, 42$ total...
    I feel your pain. It's the same for Hawaii. I need to buy a replacement part for an appliance. The part? $15. BASIC shipping? $32. A $15 item becomes $47. /tableflip

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello guys, I just picked up ME3 my dad bought it from a retail store a while ago (he loves videogames), once he beated the campaign he left it to collect dust so i thought it would be a good idea to finish what i left after ME2, I started playing the multiplayer campaigns, what should i aim for at first? I started buying the veteran boxes i beleive (the ones that cost 20k credits) but i want some efficiency, the RNG is kinda sad for me (im an unlucky guy) and paying for ingame currency is a no-go for me, which would be the efficient way to equip myself quickly?

Oh and are there any paid DLC's that are worth looking at? Sadly Origin shafted my country and I haven't found a way to change the currency from Euros to Dollars, a year ago i was able to swap it only on the origin webpage, right now it's blocked, we (South americans) have to pay on Euros, and with the economical status from our country it's way more expensive (like a 40% more expensive) to pay on euros than in USD so I don't have a big chunk of money to spend on :C
    Last edited by barackopala; 2012-12-16 at 03:07 AM.

From Ashes is probably the only paid DLC I would recommend as a definite must-have just because it adds a lot of interesting perspective on the Protheans and their cycle, plus Javik is just an awesome squad member in general. I liked both Leviathan and Omega, but I wouldn't call either of them must-haves, but more of a they're-worth-getting-if-you-have-the-money type of thing.

As for the multiplayer, I've always bought mainly the Premium Spectre Packs. They have the best chance for the rare/ultra-rare cards and contain a nice amount of items like medi-gel and rocket launchers. Also do whatever weekend challenges you're able to do as they give you an N7 weapon, some of which are very nice (such as the N7 Valiant sniper rifle).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    From Ashes is probably the only paid DLC I would recommend as a definite must-have just because it adds a lot of interesting perspective on the Protheans and their cycle, plus Javik is just an awesome squad member in general. I liked both Leviathan and Omega, but I wouldn't call either of them must-haves, but more of a they're-worth-getting-if-you-have-the-money type of thing.

As for the multiplayer, I've always bought mainly the Premium Spectre Packs. They have the best chance for the rare/ultra-rare cards and contain a nice amount of items like medi-gel and rocket launchers. Also do whatever weekend challenges you're able to do as they give you an N7 weapon, some of which are very nice (such as the N7 Valiant sniper rifle).
    Where do i check for the challenges? haven't found any information of it whatsoever. Oh and by the way, does anyone know a way to swap the payment currency model of origin? I can afford to pay my national currency for USD, but for euros is way too expensive sadly :C

http://social.bioware.com/n7hq will have the current challenge shown at the top, and you can also see them posted at http://blog.bioware.com They do a challenge every weekend, and the goal for the challenge varies from week to week. The current one is getting the "Survive Five Waves" medal in Firebase Condor as a squad (no one in the squad can die for 5 waves straight).

I don't know of a way to change the currency in the Origin store. I think it's set by your local IP.
    Last edited by Oerba Yun Fang; 2012-12-16 at 03:52 AM.