15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat1337 View Post
    Even though I only experienced it for a short time, I loved the acolyte without the charge
    Although I can see why it got nerfed, that thing stripped shields/barriers so easily.
    It really wasn't to do with the no charge, though that was over powered. They originally removed the charge up to attempt to fix the missile glitch, but they fixed that another way so added it back. Only to remove it again with patch 5 lol.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted
    Even though I only experienced it for a short time, I loved the acolyte without the charge
    Although I can see why it got nerfed, it stripped shields/barriers so effortlessly.
    It actually does more damage/fires faster with the charge.

Deleted
    Although I can see why it got nerfed, it stripped shields/barriers so effortlessly.
    It felt much better without the charge because it gave you an advantage over the charged Acolyte in regards of cover leaving and stuff. It takes you a few seconds to charge the Acolyte.

I just like it more without the charge. That´s prolly why I only use weapons without charge and not the GPS, Kishok, Graal and stuff.

---------- Post added 2013-02-06 at 09:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mordin Solus View Post
    i guess zaeed will end up retiring...
    Damn that is pretty sad to hear that he died with only 61 years.

That means the RL Zaeed can finally rest in his beach-chair like in the ME3 aftermath !! Rest well Mr. Badass.

BTW: So either he already recorded new VOs for any upcoming content or the citadel quest was the last time we saw him

Saaaaaad

---------- Post added 2013-02-06 at 03:37 PM ----------

Is Gravath perma banned?? Just saw that he is still banned. LOL

I miss him somehow

Perhaps I should take another look at my Buffy collection, watching episodes with Ethan Rayne.

Dammit he was a damn fine actor, sad to see such an early departure.
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."

kinda feel like some1 should make a sig and avatar and switch their user name to zaed massani for 3 months just pay our respects
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordin Solus View Post
    kinda feel like some1 should make a sig and avatar and switch their user name to zaed massani for 3 months just pay our respects
    I would if I posted more in this thread, and if I hadn't already used my name change.

I'm no good with sigs.

You can use those if you want. Yes, I was lazy and just cropped the artwork in Photoshop. Shhhh! Don't judge!

If you don't I will. Hell I'll probably use them anyway at some point just because I like how they look. XD

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd do it but I just switched to Adam Jensen.

Makes me wonder though . . . who'd win in a fight?
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/7LNv0fi.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/l8HxsRP.jpg[IMG]

You can use those if you want. Yes, I was lazy and just cropped the artwork in Photoshop. Shhhh! Don't judge!

If you don't I will. Hell I'll probably use them anyway at some point just because I like how they look. XD
    It's your work, you go ahead and use them. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Zaeed Massani View Post
    It's your work, you go ahead and use them. ^^
    It took me like a minute... and anyone could have cropped the images.... lol

I really didn't mind the star kid. My distaste for the ending was solely about the whole 'it's organics vs synthetics' thing. The whole 'the machines will rebel' thing is so trite and cliche that seeing ME fall back on it for the end of its trilogy made me face palm after how wonderfully they'd handled ai such as the geth and EDI throughout the trilogy. The extended ending made it passable by filling in plot holes but I still don't care for the endings at all because of the very weak premise for the reaper cycle.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I just started up multiplayer again after like a 4 month break. Its soooo hard to choose between arsenal or reserve packs. >_< Also did vanguards get buffed or were they always so good? I did some golds with a 200% recharge and defensive build and I tore things apart. Female Human Charge + Nova. Charge was up so frequently that I was literally invincible. Only deaths were from banshees etc grabbing me after a charge lol. Solved that by never charging the front.

If played right Vanguards are indeed extremely deadly. I can't remember if they've been buffed recently or not.

Vanguards are very high risk/high reward to begin with. They trade using their own shields for high damage. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    I really didn't mind the star kid. My distaste for the ending was solely about the whole 'it's organics vs synthetics' thing. The whole 'the machines will rebel' thing is so trite and cliche that seeing ME fall back on it for the end of its trilogy made me face palm after how wonderfully they'd handled ai such as the geth and EDI throughout the trilogy. The extended ending made it passable by filling in plot holes but I still don't care for the endings at all because of the very weak premise for the reaper cycle.
    Which reminds me of a question I wanted to ask, for those of you that have played Leviathan. I share the same view as Florena about the ending (that the star-kid and the AI vs. organics theme cheapened the series and The Reapers). Without giving out any spoilers, will Leviathan make some sense out of the ending and make it less cliché?

(Considering whether to buy it or not)
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    It wasn't that machines will rebel, it was that organics and synthetics would always try to rule over each other. The only machine that rebelled was the Catalyst, the rest were not rebelling so much as they were unable to peacefully coexist with each other. One side always ignored peace to terminate the other which is why the Leviathans created the Catalyst in the first place. To find a solution that would allow for peace between Synthetics and Organics.

The question you have to ask yourself is did the cycle and solution actually work? Was it the result of countless culling and "forced" evolution that produced the circumstances that allowed Shepard to do what he did? Or was Shepard and his "peace" just a fluke of the cycle? Could anyone have brought about the catalyst or was it something that required Humanity.

If you take the ending at face value then sure it might be weak or cliche. But if you think about the ending, the questions left unresolved, and how the universe got to where it ended it is anything but.

Besides I doubt anything would have been labeled as a strong premise for a billion year old cycle.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Which reminds me of a question I wanted to ask, for those of you that have played Leviathan. I share the same view as Florena about the ending (that the star-kid and the AI vs. organics theme cheapened the series and The Reapers). Without giving out any spoilers, will Leviathan make some sense out of the ending and make it less cliché?

I haven't played the ending after Leviathan but I've been told it doesn't change the ending much, just a couple extra lines of dialogue. What it changed is it gives you more insight into the Reapers and their cycles, and how it all began. I felt it was a nice change from just "Organics and synthetics don't get along. ...What? You managed to get the geth and the quarians to get along? Well... that doesn't matter! It's... it's temporary! They'll kill each other again soon, just watch!" But the whole synthetics/organics conflict remains there. Overall I would recommend getting leviathan regardless though just because it's an awesome DLC.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    So I just started up multiplayer again after like a 4 month break. Its soooo hard to choose between arsenal or reserve packs. >_< Also did vanguards get buffed or were they always so good? I did some golds with a 200% recharge and defensive build and I tore things apart. Female Human Charge + Nova. Charge was up so frequently that I was literally invincible. Only deaths were from banshees etc grabbing me after a charge lol. Solved that by never charging the front.
    They have always been powerful. The Krogan Vanguard was one of the best choices for a lot of folks because of its near invincible status. (General Vanguard kit combined with the Krogan melee survival traits). Sync kills are really the only downfall of a properly outfitted and played Vanguard. Of course there are now easier weapon and kit combinations (Turian with Stim packs are crazy with the right weapons).

---------- Post added 2013-02-06 at 06:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post

No. The endings, and reasons for the ending, don't change with Leviathan. They only get explained a little. So it shouldn't change if you feel it is cliche or not because those same things that made it cliche are still there.

---------- Post added 2013-02-06 at 06:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    I felt it was a nice change from just "Organics and synthetics don't get along. ...What? You managed to get the geth and the quarians to get along? Well... that doesn't matter! It's... it's temporary! They'll kill each other again soon, just watch!" But the whole synthetics/organics conflict remains there. Overall I would recommend getting leviathan regardless though just because it's an awesome DLC.
    The Geth and Quarian peace is all in the short term. Nor did the Catalyst or anything else stop there from being short term peace between Organics and Synthetics. The premise was that at some point the trouble would always break out again because of the fundamentally different reasoning processes. In another 100 years of Geth and Quarian peace what is to stop a new spark because a Quarian wanted to reprogram a geth against its will? Or that Krogan wouldn't create an AI that goes out of control?

Eventually some synthetic or organic life form would break the peace.