15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leafs43 View Post
    The one choice not to trust him, refuse, ends up being a middle finger to the entire fanbase who despises the endings.
    The problem is with an attitude like that nothing Bioware could have done would be acceptable. In the end it is their story and not yours. You were able to influence that story to a degree with your choices but are still playing within their story. They brought it to a conclusion and there really aren't many good ways to end it.

Would you rather have had the Crucible just blow everything up? Not activate? What? The endings aren't bad piled on top of bad.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The problem is with an attitude like that nothing Bioware could have done would be acceptable. In the end it is their story and not yours.

No it's the ending to the original deus ex that Bioware copied.

15+ Year Old Account
    The destroy option requires you trusting the kid that it does exactly what it says it does. The same kid that indoctrinates millions of beings, alters entire species genetic codes to obey the reapers, has plans within plans to commit galactic wide genocides etc, etc etc...
    And the problem is? So you have to trust that something isn't lying to you. Why is that a bad thing in a story that there is a chance something could be lying? Besides after you pick the choice you find out that he wasn't lying because we see the effects of the choices. (More so with the Extended Cut DLC).

No one ever said it would be an easy choice.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

And the problem is? So you have to trust that something isn't lying to you. Why is that a bad thing in a story that there is a chance something could be lying? Besides after you pick the choice you find out that he wasn't lying because we see the effects of the choices. (More so with the Extended Cut DLC).

No one ever said it would be an easy choice.

If you can't trust the leader of the reapers, who can you trust?

Amirite?

The destroy option requires you trusting the kid that it does exactly what it says it does.

The same kid that indoctrinates millions of beings, alters entire species genetic codes to obey the reapers, has plans within plans to commit galactic wide genocides etc, etc etc...
    The destroy option requires you trusting the Alliance and the work they've done on the Crucible. If you're seriously refusing a perfectly reasonable option because it HAPPENED to be presented to you by a newly introduced entity regardless of the fact it's what you've worked on for the entirety of the game, then I don't know what to tell you.

Also, if you want to bring indoctrination into it, trust is no longer a factor.

EDIT: I'm scared. I actually agree with Rhorle for once. XD
    Last edited by Oerba Yun Fang; 2013-02-25 at 07:36 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    No it's the ending to the original deus ex that Bioware copied.
    If by copied you mean offered a choice of 4 endings then yes it was copied. The story behind those choices wasn't copied though and that is what really matters. Because you can bet that Dues Ex didn't originally invent multiple choice endings. And I know for a fact they didn't because choose your own adventure books have been around since before computers were even invented.

And yes you were offered four endings (prior to the Extended cut DLC the refuse ending was simply doing nothing until the "mission failed" screen appeared.

Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    The destroy option requires you trusting the Alliance and the work they've done on the Crucible. If you're seriously refusing a perfectly reasonable option because it HAPPENED to be presented to you by a newly introduced entity regardless of the fact it's what you've worked on for the entirety of the game, then I don't know what to tell you.

Also, if you want to bring indoctrination into it, trust is no longer a factor.

Nobody in the alliance knows the destroy option exists. The alliance doesn't even know what the crucible does.

It is told to you by the kid. So in order to make any choice, you are required to trust the kid, which is plain nonsense.

Deleted
    WoW so we went from MP DLC to ending discussion in about 5 minutes LOL

So the Lancer:

- It will be UR
    - It is the lightest UR weapon
    - It has more recoil than the M-8 Avenger, but does more damage
    - It was designed to be a caster AR

Also it has a mechanic similar to the Collector weapons in terms of cool down and it has no ammo !!

Last edited by mmocac05adb153; 2013-02-25 at 07:39 PM.

If by copied you mean offered a choice of 4 endings then yes it was copied. The story behind those choices wasn't copied though and that is what really matters. Because you can bet that Dues Ex didn't originally invent multiple choice endings. And I know for a fact they didn't because choose your own adventure books have been around since before computers were even invented.

And yes you were offered four endings (prior to the Extended cut DLC the refuse ending was simply doing nothing until the "mission failed" screen appeared.

lol...it is literally copied.

Choices in ME3:

1:Synthesis
    2: Control
    3: Destroy

The choices in the original Deus Ex:

1:Synthesis
    2: Control
    3: Destroy

I'm not making this up. It's literally the exact same ending.

Nobody in the alliance knows the destroy option exists. The alliance doesn't even know what the crucible does.

It is told to you by the kid. So in order to make any choice, you are required to trust the kid, which is plain nonsense.
    They did, however, know that the Crucible was what they were working to build. It's what they decided to hinge their fate on, long before the Starchild came into the picture.

You realize that trusting in unknowns is not something that's new to the series? The beacon on Eden Prime, Sovereign, the rachni queen. Hell, the plans for the Crucible. There's a lot of examples of Shepard choosing to put stock in something that she didn't know the outcome of.

Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    They did, however, know that the Crucible was what they were working to build.

You realize that trusting in unknowns is not something that's new to the series? The beacon on Eden Prime, Sovereign, the rachni queen. Hell, the plans for the Crucible. There's a lot of examples of Shepard choosing to put stock in something that she didn't know the outcome of.
    Did you not pay attention at all?

It is said multiple times throughout the game nobody, not even the protheans, know what the crucible does.

Did you not pay attention at all?

It is said multiple times throughout the game nobody, not even the protheans, know what the crucible does.
    I did pay attention. I know they didn't know what it did. I also know that they decided to trust in it anyway, otherwise they wouldn't have poured their last months and resources into seeing it completed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nobody in the alliance knows the destroy option exists. The alliance doesn't even know what the crucible does. It is told to you by the kid. So in order to make any choice, you are required to trust the kid, which is plain nonsense.
    So would you have rather you have to make blind choices? Having to trust an enemy is telling you the truth or not isn't nonsense. Its giving an element of uncertainty to your final choice. Making it more of a choice because you not only have to weigh the outcome of that choice you have to consider if it is the actual truth. Again nothing you bring up is actually bad story telling or indicative of a bad ending.

You are already trusting the entire fate of the galaxy to blue prints that you found in an extinct races computer. Did you object to trusting those (and thus the entire story of ME3 and not just the endings)?

Having to trust an enemy is telling you the truth or not isn't nonsense.

Repeat this to yourself 5 times.

15+ Year Old Account
    lol...it is literally copied.
    The three choices in Deus ex were:
    the destruction of technology (or just communication based technology) sending the world back to the dark ages. Mass Effect wasn't the destruction of all technology just the destruction of synthetic life (Self Aware AI).
    The merging of your consciousness with that of a AI where as in Mass Effect 3 it was merging synthetic and organic together for everyone in the galaxy.
    Running the world with the Illuminati where as in Mass Effect 3 it was taking control of the Reapers.

There was nothing copied other then the fact that there were choices and both involved Technology.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2013-02-25 at 07:52 PM.

Deleted
    OK I'm out of here Better farm some more credits for the DLC tomorrow than read this ending nonsense

It´s not like the game is already 1 year old !! This ending stuff is old news ... seriously

15+ Year Old Account
    Repeat this to yourself 5 times.
    Do you understand what suspense and dramatic choices are? Why is it bad story telling that the leader of the bad guys could be lying to you?

Quote Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
    OK I'm out of here Better farm some more credits for the DLC tomorrow
    I'm torn between farming credits and leveling my trooper on SWTOR. lol

I just think it's funny he says "objectively" it's a bad ending. As if theirs some data point that could prove it's relative value.

The three choices in Dues ex were:
    the destruction of technology sending the world back to the dark ages. Mass Effect wasn't the destruction of all technology just the destruction of synthetic life (Self Aware AI).
    The merging of your consciousness with that of a AI where as in Mass Effect 3 it was merging synthetic and organic together for everyone in the galaxy.
    Running the world with the Illuminati where as in Mass Effect 3 it was taking control of the Reapers.

There was nothing copied other then the fact that there were choices and both involved Technology.

Destroy destroyed the mass relays pre-EC, which effectively turned the galaxy into a new dark age. If you disagree, you don't understand how large the galaxy is, nor do you understand the technological limits that was hard built into the series i.e. it would take close to 300 years to span the galaxy without the Mass relays.

Synthesis and merging an AI....just kind of like husks that suddenly become self aware.

And control, absolute power corrupts absolutely. If you don't think the new shep-reapers wouldn't take control of the galaxy...I give you my look of derision.

---------- Post added 2013-02-25 at 08:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    I just think it's funny he says "objectively" it's a bad ending. As if theirs some data point that could prove it's relative value.
    The break in the narrative to a deus ex machina is objectively bad in any literature. This is really not up for debate.