Deleted
    So I actually spend a few tries on that claw game because I wanted to get the grand prize (which is a weapon mod) and damn it is pretty difficult to get the orange ball that is required for it.

Those minigames are pretty neat and the Armax arena is a great credit generator (1 gold token gives 10k credits).

10+ Year Old Account
    I got the DLC last night and started playing it. I'm not done with the whole thing, but I am done with the "Action" part.

I can't say that Citadel is better than Shadowbroker just because its like Apples to Oranges. Shadowbroker was pretty serious and tense with excellent chase sequences, meanwhile Citadel is an extremely fun romp. Both are AAA DLC's though.

That being said, Citadel DLC's premise makes no sense. If you can't suspend your disbelief then "you're going to have a bad time". But if you can...well I've never laughed so much and had so much fun with Mass Effect. It really is the equivalent of that scene in Throne of Bhaal when you encounter a party of young adventurers who try to kill you for your loot and then quickload. Every squadmate is a smartass and is pretty much just joking about this new "threat". Having them all interact with each other is great, and something that I felt was missing since the first ME's elevator conversations.

Shepard's lines are priceless. He doesn't have the emotional weight of Earth on him, so he is free just to be a smart ass and crack wise on the situations. Everyone else's dialogue is great as well. Even boring ol' Kaiden has a few moments. Wrex and Glyph had the most memorable during the missions though.

Mechanically the Action sequences are pretty standard affairs. The level designs aren't astounding from a tactical point of view, but they do have a lot of flavor thrown in so they are pretty to look at and explore after the firefighting. The enemies are fairly uninspired, and I think there are only 3-4 enemy types you'll encounter during the DLC (Engineer, Sniper, Guardian, and Atlas archetypes). There are no unique sequences (such as the taxi chase scene in Shadowbroker), but there is a "heist" sequence very similar to the Katsumi DLC. And yes, there is also a final unique boss battle done 100% right. I really have to praise the "boss" battle because you actually fight enemies with similar powers and strengths as you, which is something I personally always appreciate.

I'm really looking forward to the second part of the DLC, because I am a huge fan of the characters themselves. But even without that, I would recommend this DLC as a must have for anyone who is currently a fan of the series or was once a fan of the series.

Shepard: "I should go"
    Shepard: "Do I really sound like that?"

Quote Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
    So I actually spend a few tries on that claw game because I wanted to get the grand prize (which is a weapon mod) and damn it is pretty difficult to get the orange ball that is required for it.

Those minigames are pretty neat and the Armax arena is a great credit generator (1 gold token gives 10k credits).
    ye i like it but i only played enough to beat aria`s score on the leaderboard. My goal is to beat her in the arcade hall games aswell
    warp field to weaken its armor, let it close, then tech armor! - Turian hipster

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RoboA View Post
    ye i like it but i only played enough to beat aria`s score on the leaderboard. My goal is to beat her in the arcade hall games aswell
    You know it´s funny that this DLC turned my FemShep into a gambling addict but I suppose she has every right to blow her 6.5 million Credits out of the window (at least with 200 credits per match it would take forever to deplete that ) and have a bit of fun before she meets her inevitable "doom" in the end.

I am still a bit sad that this DLC does not change anything in the current ending but well at least my Shepard has a nice time forgetting about the war.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am still a bit sad that this DLC does not change anything in the current ending but well at least my Shepard has a nice time forgetting about the war.
    I treat this DLC as my ending. We kicked Reapers asses, Normandy is in dock for repairs and we all celebrate.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    I treat this DLC as my ending. We kicked Reapers asses, Normandy is in dock for repairs and we all celebrate.
    And here I thought I was the only one doing that. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    And here I thought I was the only one doing that. XD
    idd this is the true ending for mass effect 3. thank you bioware. <3 dont care that its not the actual ending, but my head canon said it is!

10+ Year Old Account
    On the prizegrab game, the orange sphere moves only to an adjacent area. It also has to flash up twice in any given spot before it can move.

Camp a spot next to it's current location, and sooner or later you'll be right, it can't move diagonally just horizontal/vertical. I swept all the prizes out of there quickly after figuring that out.

Relay defence however, that top score eludes me...
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Damn I never thought about that but it makes PERFECT sense ... apart from the citadel that is prolly not in such a good shape after Shepard blew that damn thing up in the destroy ending (damage with high EMS is not as bad as low EMS but still pretty visible)

I doubt that they would have the Citadel and the Presidium in such a good shape after such a short time (could take long to repair it)
    Last edited by mmocac05adb153; 2013-03-07 at 03:02 PM.

Damn I never thought about that but it makes PERFECT sense ... apart from the citadel that is prolly not in such a good shape after Shepard blew that damn thing up in the destroy ending (damage with high EMS is not as bad as low EMS but still pretty visible)

I doubt that they would have the Citadel and the Presidium in such a good shape after such a short time (could take long to repair it)
    You know when Shep jumped into that green beam for synth ending, yeh it was just a giant green soda beam. It was like a fancy shower. Once I landed at the bottom I was handed a towel by harbinger who said "assuming direct towel?" Once that was done he told me they would fix up the citadel damage. I went to the bar with Garrus got drunk then had to sign off some papers to pay for grunts damage.

what a day!

I just say the Keepers rocked the repairs. :P

Deleted
    I just say the Keepers rocked the repairs. :P
    Yeah I would like to believe that too but if you look at the Presidium in ME3 it is said somewhere in-game that it still has visible damage after the Citadel attack in ME1 and that was like 4 years after that event. I read somewhere that there is a Ward that still isn´t fully repaired and the Geth Attack was nowhere as bad as the explosion at the end.

A celebration 30 years after the Reapers were defeated sounds plausible The Keepers could work better without the Reapers around so who knows.

Yeah I would like to believe that too but if you look at the Presidium in ME3 it is said somewhere in-game that it still has visible damage after the Citadel attack in ME1 and that was like 4 years after that event. I read somewhere that there is a Ward that still isn´t fully repaired and the Geth Attack was nowhere as bad as the explosion at the end.

A celebration 30 years after the Reapers were defeated sounds plausible The Keepers could work better without the Reapers around so who knows.
    3 years.

But it would have to be a while after the ending to be plausible anyway as Shepard would need time to recover (this, of course, assumes you chose the high EMS destroy ending in which it's possible they're alive, which I did, unless you use indoctrination theory or some such). Not sure I'd go so far as to say 30 years but definitely a while. :P

Then again, it's head canon anyway, make up your own timeline! lol

If it was destroy ending yeh the keepers could have repaired it by then.

I hold it that after we beat the reapers on any ending shep faked his or her death and is infact living it large on the citadel. Harbinger is now his personal limo. HARBINGER DRIVE ME TO THE CINEMA! *assuming direct control*

must say its one of the best DLC ive had on a ME game. its hard to say which bit I liked most.

One part that had me in absolute hysterics was when the squad got trapped in the vault, and Shepard was obsessing over how she sounded when she talked. Tali was like, "Why are you not more worried about this?!" And Shepard was all nonchalant like "... Hm? Oh. Glyph, you still out there?" I couldn't breathe, I was laughing so hard. Another one was when Shepard found her space hamster in the dumpster and started reading the note. Again, couldn't breathe I was laughing so hard.

One part that had me in absolute hysterics was when the squad got trapped in the vault, and Shepard was obsessing over how she sounded when she talked. Tali was like, "Why are you not more worried about this?!" And Shepard was all nonchalant like "... Hm? Oh. Glyph, you still out there?" I couldn't breathe, I was laughing so hard. Another one was when Shepard found her space hamster in the dumpster and started reading the note. Again, couldn't breathe I was laughing so hard.
    To me it seems to be the "goodbye shepard DLC" basically screw the "ending" have this for those of you who wanted a happy ending for shepard.

imo.

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    To me it seems to be the "goodbye shepard DLC" basically screw the "ending" have this for those of you who wanted a happy ending for shepard.

imo.
    It was pretty clever. Gives the perfect head canon ending for people who wanted a happy ending, and also gives a great side story for those who didn't. Win-win either way.

Deleted

imo.
    Yeah I think that it is great as happy ending DLC because the Reapers were not even mentioned in the whole DLC and it feels like a whole different story than the main plot.

I could imagine that this happened 10 years after the defeat of the Reapers when the "gang" finally got together on the partially repaired Citadel (we only see that Strip and Dock area anyway so maybe that was repaired sooner than the other parts).

That fits for a final goodbye. Without Reapers just Shepard, his "gang" and an evil Guy/Girl

Yeah I think that it is great as happy ending DLC because the Reapers were not even mentioned in the whole DLC and it feels like a whole different story than the main plot.

I could imagine that this happened 10 years after the defeat of the Reapers when the "gang" finally got together on the partially repaired Citadel (we only see that Strip and Dock area anyway so maybe that was repaired sooner than the other parts).

That fits for a final goodbye. Without Reapers just Shepard, his "gang" and an evil Guy/Girl
    Its the ending I always wanted *sniff*

HARBINGER WHERES MAH BEER? *assuming direct.... I give up :*( *

Its the ending I always wanted *sniff*

HARBINGER WHERES MAH BEER? *assuming direct.... I give up :*( *
    After the amount of alcohol served at that party I'm not sure anyone could assume direct control of anything except maybe a toilet bowl. lol