Just to insert a c-c-c-c-combo breaker, something I just encountered and felt like sharing.

You know that arguing military man and woman inside the Purgatory, where this woman (Mel) keeps talking about having fun next two days and the guy is clearly uncomfortable by her presence? Well, I never listened to the whole thing until now. Appearantly, the guys doesn't want her there because she's a woman, and she's told this after a while. Her response made me laugh:

- I'm a woman? Holy crap, I'm a woman! Where did these tits come from? Were they cloaked? Are they infiltrator tits? Could there be more of them hiding?
    Last edited by Raphtheone; 2012-03-13 at 02:35 AM. Reason: small typo

While the ending certainly was...interesting to say the least, I still give the game like a 9-9.5/10. *The whole campaign was just epic in my eyes. *The ending still doesn't top the OMFG feeling of ME1 though. *

One thing that erks me though, they mention harbringer i think like twice in game, once from the reaper you kill on the quarian home world, and again saying hes breaking off from the attack to rofl stomp you as you head to the conduit, than its just oh herp a derp no more harbringer. *I chose to destroy synthetic life on the first play though and had enough galactic points for shepard to live at the end. *I do think it is an interesting ending, but it could have been better. *I did like how they setup an ME4 at the end with the dad telling his son a story and the son says "tell me one more story about THE SHEPARD" and the father says, "ok, one more."
    Thank You Shyama for the sig again!!

Quote Originally Posted by Oni View Post
    Just to start with, not everyone who played the game even bought it, they played via the way that shall not be pronounced or moderators will fall upon me like kittens on milk, many because opposed to Origin, others due the first day DLC, others are simply cheap… does not matter.
    Only voice that matters is that of the paying customers. It makes no sense to listen to a million people (or whatever) that never touched your product. Only tears that are sweet are those of the pirates. A successful game leaves its customers happy and the pirates raging on forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Oni View Post
    But what are you suggesting? That people made multiple accounts just to vote? That people who never heard about the damn game also voted? Yes, possible to such cases to exist, but we are talking about over 30,000 votes in a week! Yet you accuse me of belonging to a minority, halo? Deny all you wish, it won’t change that the endings do suck and that MOST of people didn’t like them, easy as that.
    Possible, but not plausible. Check the #2 poll, it has the same ratios as the linked poll, despite having 8k something votes (as in, 2% are fine with the endings as they are now). It also gives some credibility to those nations that only count a small percentage of votes during election years (England to mention one), a little to my surprise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    I'm not sure that's the case either. People who are pissed are more motivated to post than people who are satisfied.
    That is completely true, but at the same time it's a fallacy. For every person who is more motivated to post because they are angry, there are always more who are not motivated to post or unable. The same goes for people who are happy with the ending. If a march heads to washington, there will always be more who agree with that march but did not participate, and that number is always greater than the actual protest. I don't think the emotional value of whatever it is makes it baseless.

Interestingly, the poll linked above has now broken 31,000 votes in favour of "Endings sucked", and it's climbing steadily.

I think if Bioware does decide to fix the endings up via dlc, they "have" to make them free, not doing so would be like pouring gasoline on a forest fire at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalashaska Ocelot View Post
    Interestingly, the poll linked above has now broken 31,000 votes in favour of "Endings sucked", and it's climbing steadily.

I think if Bioware does decide to fix the endings up via dlc, they "have" to make them free, not doing so would be like pouring gasoline on a forest fire at this point.
    Or Bioware can ignore the people who think that every game/movie/book should have a happy ending and stick with their original endings. Not that I wouldn't rather they were more varied or that they had more information on what happened, but hey, that is for Mass Effect 4, right?

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Or Bioware can ignore the people who think that every game/movie/book should have a happy ending and stick with their original endings. Not that I wouldn't rather they were more varied or that they had more information on what happened, but hey, that is for Mass Effect 4, right?
    Hence "If Bioware does decide to".

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    After DA2 and ME3 (Not playing Star Wars so I have no opinion there, tho I was upset that SWTOR means no KoTOR 3) Bioware has gone from one of my favorites to a dev I'm slowly becoming weary of.

10+ Year Old Account
    The last time I felt like I got ripped off by an ending of a game was Final Fantasy X. Get enough emotions invested into a bunch of characters will make any ending but the one you wanted pretty bad though.

Deleted
    Yes, everybody is upset that it isn't happy and aren't atall upset that they make no sense, give no information about anything, have huge plotholes and everything you did in all the games has no effect on the outcome of the galaxy.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is what the ending should have been.

http://arkis.deviantart.com/art/Mass...LERS-289902125

It is simply, perfect.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amsden View Post
    After DA2 and ME3 (Not playing Star Wars so I have no opinion there, tho I was upset that SWTOR means no KoTOR 3) Bioware has gone from one of my favorites to a dev I'm slowly becoming weary of.
    It's not so much about their storytelling. 99.9% of the story is fantastic. What people are complaining the most is the last 5-8 minutes of the game feels detached from all of the choices you have made up to that point. Don't get me wrong, the final bit of information is intriguing but still disjointed from the rest of the game. Still they left quite a few things open which is the other reason people are complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    Yes, everybody is upset that it isn't happy and aren't atall upset that they make no sense, give no information about anything, have huge plotholes and everything you did in all the games has no effect on the outcome of the galaxy.
    Which is why its open for ME4, Like I said.

Be mad at Bioware for having huge plotholes, or making it seem like half your crew that you worked so hard to keep alive in ME2 just didn't exist, fine. The actual information in the endings was good, I thought.

I still think you should have been able to take the reapers militarily if you recruited everyone and had that military strength bar full (yes it probably would have required Multiplayer).

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    It's not so much about their storytelling. 99.9% of the story is fantastic. What people are complaining the most is the last 5-8 minutes of the game feels detached from all of the choices you have made up to that point. Don't get me wrong, the final bit of information is intriguing but still disjointed from the rest of the game. Still they left quite a few things open which is the other reason people are complaining.
    DA2 was a train wreck beginning to end. I have several issues with ME3 The ending, Plot holes and Day one DLC being a few of them. I also like a lot of ME 3 I was just expecting to like a lot more of it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Amsden View Post
    DA2 was a train wreck beginning to end. I have several issues with ME3 The ending, Plot holes and Day one DLC being a few of them. I also like a lot of ME 3 I was just expecting to like a lot more of it lol.
    See my only problem with DA2 was that you couldn't side with the Arishok. CLEANSE THESE VERMIN.

Ahem. Well with the story anyway. The recycled maps were rather annoying.

Deleted
    Which is why its open for ME4, Like I said.

Be mad at Bioware for having huge plotholes, or making it seem like half your crew that you worked so hard to keep alive in ME2 just didn't exist, fine. The actual information in the endings was good, I thought.

I still think you should have been able to take the reapers militarily if you recruited everyone and had that military strength bar full (yes it probably would have required Multiplayer).
    WHAT information?

Something about a technological singularity that's not hinted to anywhere else in the game (other than 1 convo with Javik) and is openly dis-proven by making peace between the Geth and Quarians?

After that all you see, in any ending, is effective long range travel being prevented and a scene with the Normandy that makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    WHAT information?

Something about a technological singularity that's not hinted to anywhere else in the game (other than 1 convo with Javik) and is openly dis-proven by making peace between the Geth and Quarians?

After that all you see, in any ending, is effective long range travel being prevented and a scene with the Normandy that makes no sense.
    Sorry, I meant the ending. The Green ending specifically, since that is the one I chose. I have a huge problem with joker and EDI getting off the Normandy when I had her on earth with me, but we all knew they were going to have some disgusting man on ship-droid sex, didn't we?

Meh, it was obviously supposed to be a twist, and it is only a twist if, in shepard is actually being indoctrinated and only the red ending prevents the indoctrination, while the other two allow it to proceed. Would have been a much better ending, I thought.

That..uh kinda stings. I mean I understand both sides of this...conflict, but it doesn't make them completely free of criticism.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think they can pull off a ME4. ME3s ending was pretty final and if no giant Deus Ex Machina appears, there's no way you could continue the story with even remotely the current cast.

ME3 is the end of Shepard trilogy, my main complaint about the ME3 ending is it is filled with plotholes, and no matter what you get the same ending (just with different colors). *And it would be nice to have a chance to have a semi-happy ending