Quote Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
    Isn´t that "My Little Pony" some sort of children cartoon series or something? There are people here that discuss that? Well glad that I am not that kind of guy.

It gets slightly off topic to be honest.

BTW: BioShock Infinite ROCKS !!
    I still need to play Bioshock. Yes, the original one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    I still need to play Bioshock. Yes, the original one.
    Well I think it is great that Infinite is a totally different story and has nothing to do with the original BioShock in terms of story and stuff. So it actually does not matter which one to play first (not like ME where the story continues in the 3 games)

Deleted
    Wasnt Infinite supposed to be the prequel that explains how everything in Bioshock went to hell?

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm playing Infinite now, and I really don't get it why everyone says that this game is a pinnacle of FPS games, with great story, etc.
    FPS part is meh'ish with only two weapons to carry. And storytelling is boring. The mystery behind it is fine, but missions are boring. Go where kill everyone, go where, right we are here - oh wait - we have to go back where first and kill everyone then return here and kill everyone here. Ok, now go back where. It's like I'm on a sightseeing trip or something. Running around same places killing re-spawned mobs. Shooting bad guys, then good guys, then bad and good guys who are fighting each other at a time.
    I can't play this game without N key. Which tells me where to go, because of constant running back and forth in the same area I lose the sense of "where to go now".

Dishonored was way better FPS and game overall and it's not even a true FPS.

Graphically Infinite is good though.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Did I click on the wrong thread?
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Deleted
    It's good to compare Mass Effect with similar games from time to time. But for what its worth, the storytelling aspect hasn't been matched by any other recent game in my opinion. I'm curious to see how Project Eternity and the Planescape: Torment sequel will shape up, but both are still a long time away.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    I'm playing Infinite now, and I really don't get it why everyone says that this game is a pinnacle of FPS games, with great story, etc.
    FPS part is meh'ish with only two weapons to carry. And storytelling is boring. The mystery behind it is fine, but missions are boring. Go where kill everyone, go where, right we are here - oh wait - we have to go back where first and kill everyone then return here and kill everyone here. Ok, now go back where. It's like I'm on a sightseeing trip or something. Running around same places killing re-spawned mobs. Shooting bad guys, then good guys, then bad and good guys who are fighting each other at a time.
    I can't play this game without N key. Which tells me where to go, because of constant running back and forth in the same area I lose the sense of "where to go now".

Where = there.

Was actually considering playing BioShock. As I need a new game that I can get lost in.
    Statix will suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by Statix View Post
    Where = there.

Was actually considering playing BioShock. As I need a new game that I can get lost in.
    Yeah I wanted to find out what all the fuss is about. Was thinking of buying it on Steam.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post

Sure you look like you don´t like it and are hurt because you bought it. I really don´t think that it is as bad as you write it here.

I bought it yesterday and played like 3 hours so far and I like it. Of course you can´t say that it is the best FPS game ever but it is very close to this title and I can only agree with most of the reviews around the net who say that the game is gorgeous.

BTW: I don´t get why you keep saying boring in this post? Maybe the game is boring for you so you maybe should ask yourself "Is this game bad because I think it is boring?" It is not boring at all.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
    Sure you look like you don´t like it and are hurt because you bought it. I really don´t think that it is as bad as you write it here.

I bought it yesterday and played like 3 hours so far and I like it. Of course you can´t say that it is the best FPS game ever but it is very close to this title and I can only agree with most of the reviews around the net who say that the game is gorgeous.

BTW: I don´t get why you keep saying boring in this post? Maybe the game is boring for you so you maybe should ask yourself "Is this game bad because I think it is boring?" It is not boring at all.
    It's not a bad game and totally worth the buck. And ending is interesting. The story itself is sound. It's the way missions are put together that's the issue.

Missions are boring. You are basically running around, just because - feels like an artificial play-time extender (the game is short). There are a lot of situations where you fight your way to the mission objective and find a closed door or any other obstacle and then you have to go all the way back to find a key or a way around the obstacle. Like in some kind of DOOM game.

The beginning and the ending of the game are good - it's "in the middle" part that is mediocre.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    The ability to launch a geth prime right into sovereigns face is one of the reasons why ME1 is still better than ME3.
    Also, Lift+throw to instakill any enemy is pretty fun. And soothing to watch..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    The ability to launch a geth prime right into sovereigns face is one of the reasons why ME1 is still better than ME3.
    Moreso than with Throw, Pull, or Singularity, Lash provides that sort of old-school Lift+Throw funness. I really enjoy making enemies "Ring Out" with Lash (even though my stupid Whipmaster dies super easy).

10+ Year Old Account
    I did like crushing Geth with the Mako.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Willy View Post
    I did like crushing Geth with the Mako.
    I enjoy the animation the geth armatures do when you run them over.
    They look so helpless.

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy the animation the geth armatures do when you run them over.
    They look so helpless.
    Best part of ME1. That and driving under Colossuses and jumping.

Deleted
    Definatly need to try that in my next playthrough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Best part of ME1. That and driving under Colossuses and jumping.
    Haha, yes! Ramming Colossuses (or is is Colossusi?) with the Mako is the best. So is hopping up and down on them. I don't know if I've ever intentionally run under them and jumped though. That would be pretty rad.

And going back a few pages, yeah Hammerhead ain't got nothing on the Mako!

Edit: Actually truth be told...I got really meta after awhile and would just shoot them until they were low, then hop out of the Mako and finish them off on foot for the bonus XP.
    Last edited by WarpedAcorn; 2013-03-28 at 03:41 PM.

I believe it's colossi in plural form.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    I believe it's colossi in plural form.
    Probably. Spell check didn't complain, though.

Probably. Spell check didn't complain, though.
    Probably one of those "either one is correct" situations.