Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post
    In my entire experience with mass effect, even my full insanity run, I completely ignored any strats that involve my partners. The only time I actually told them to use their skills was when the game made you use it on Mars.

Normal Thought Process:
    Tali is my gf, EDI is cute. You two are coming.
    I brought heard Garrus in this zone yet, he probably has something funny to say.

Vega was never used in my game.
    To be honest I like all the characters anyway plus if I can take down enemies quicker I'll easily mix and match.

I really like Vegas although I would of liked him to be more like Cole Train from Gears of War.

All in all I like Insanity to be honest its slowing down the combat which is a nice change of pace.
    Last edited by mmocf4ac39e77a; 2013-04-09 at 06:33 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    Insanity was fine for me with my squad, are you giving them good positions?

Use Q and E to set them into cover, I normally position them away from me in a place where I can cover them. The enemies target them as they're but they don't die as they've got me and the other squad member as backup
    I'll admit I only ever position my squad properly is during a boss sort of fight. All other fights I'll just slap them in some piece of cover that seems good for the moment. As stated already they seem to have the habit of running into the middle of battle though which is rather weird.

Deleted
    Vega is fine, ME is fine, we dont need more gears of war shitting up the franchise.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Vega is fine, ME is fine, we dont need more gears of war shitting up the franchise.
    To be honest I just want an over the top soldier. Cole was the first to come to mind from other games.

I'm easily amused though.

---------- Post added 2013-04-09 at 07:58 PM ----------

I haven't played ME3 on higher difficulties so I dunno about that, they were good little squad members at sat still for me in ME2 though
    Just recruited Thane it would appear they are learning how to stay in cover, they only died twice....
    Last edited by mmocf4ac39e77a; 2013-04-09 at 07:02 PM.

Deleted
    Such mindless soldiers have no place in the ME cast.
    They have no place at all after Spec Ops properly deconstructed those glorified preteen selfinsertion fantasy mooks.
    Its the Michael Bay of videogames.

Deleted
    Such mindless soldiers have no place in the ME cast.
    They have no place at all after Spec Ops properly deconstructed those glorified preteen selfinsertion fantasy mooks.
    Its the Michael Bay of videogames.
    Never played Spec Ops but I have heard good things about the story.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeMDuncan View Post
    Never played Spec Ops but I have heard good things about the story.
    Oh its simply terrific, the things you will come to see, and find out about yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    Welcome to Insanity, where your squad mates' allergies to cover can actually kill them.
    Yeah, the Derelict Reaper mission was like that for me. "Samara you dumbfuck, why are you way the hell down there getting raped by the Scions when Mordin and I have set up the Alamo back here???"

*Frantically hits Q and watches her go down anyways*

---------- Post added 2013-04-09 at 03:27 PM ----------

I haven't played ME3 on higher difficulties so I dunno about that, they were good little squad members at sat still for me in ME2 though
    ME3 on insanity is about as hard, or less, than ME2 on Veteran. Only squadmate I have issues with is Liara because she has like 200 hp.

---------- Post added 2013-04-09 at 03:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by JoeMDuncan View Post
    I'll admit I only ever position my squad properly is during a boss sort of fight. All other fights I'll just slap them in some piece of cover that seems good for the moment. As stated already they seem to have the habit of running into the middle of battle though which is rather weird.
    I generally don't bother positioning them, but I do frequently tell them to focus fire or use abilities on certain mobs.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    As long as you're getting through it I guess..

What class are you?
    Infiltrator seeing as I had never tried it before.

---------- Post added 2013-04-09 at 08:34 PM ----------

Oh its simply terrific, the things you will come to see, and find out about yourself.
    I'll look to pick it up next time at my local game shop.

You want SC in a nutshell eh Gravath?

The Xel'Naga = the Titans from WoW
    Amon = Sargaras
    Kerrigan = a not self centered Slyvannas

The Xel'naga created the protoss in their image and designed them to be overseers of the galaxy. Amon broke from them, found the zerg on thier home planet and re engineered them to be a hive mind governed by his creation the overmind, kill the Protoss and be incredibly violent. The overmind is forced to continue this pattern due to some genetic/pshyic command from Amon that he cannot fully break no matter how much time passes. The Xel'naga then for some reason disappear, including Amon leading to the protoss and zerg fighting each for thousands of years.

Enter the humans(origin not explained in game, assumed to be natural evolution) who sent MASSIVE prison ships to the Kurpulu section of the galaxy in effort to get rid of them and at the same time explore and colonize new planets. They were being used and discarded pretty much. They travel for 3 decades in Warp.

After there engine melts down at a planet they land and use the ships for parts. Over a long period of time they form a government called the Confederacy which considers themselves independent from Earth which actually even eventually becomes there enemies.This is where Jim, Mensk and Kerrigan along with the overmind first come into play. This is where SC1 starts with Jim and Kerrigan working together for Mensk trying to overthrow the Confederacy. Mensk is using the newly discovered Zerg as a tool of fear and deception to get people on his side and eventually betrays Kerrigan and Jim in his Megalomania.

He even goes to far as designing a psi-beacon that forces zerg to attack the capital of the Confederacy in a violent frenzy, killing everyone in there path. This draws the Protoss into the war as a Protoss named Tassadar feels bad for these helpless humans and tries to stop the invasion(he has orders to just observe). Mensk is worried that the protoss will stop the Zerg from destroying Tarsonis enough so he sends Kerrigan to fight them even though they have never scene them before and they are defending humans. Kerrigan holds them off long enough for the Zerg to reach overwhelming numbers. The Zerg then overwhelm both the protoss on Tarsonis and Kerrigan herself who is left behind by Mensk to to disdain of Jim who left earlier under orders. The overmind then notices Kerrigans psi potential as a ghost and hatches a plan to free the swarm and infests her.

Mensk then forms a new goverment called the Dominion and appoints himself ruler. I'm done here though, the rest is all in SC and SC2, go play, they are most definitely worth it and the SC1 and brood war campaigns have even been fully redone with SC2's engine with dialogue if that works for you.

Kerrigan was a succubus in brood war and SC1 pretty much though. That's a good way of putting it.

Ok that's enough of me being off topic. Apparently I missed the SC2 discussion the last couple pages though haha.

OT: Just finally downloaded the citadel DLC today and can't wait to give it a go. One last run with the crew
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2013-04-09 at 07:59 PM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Deleted
    Shame that SC is a RTS, i tried the free pack, and it bored me to hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its one of the few games that actually had something meaningful to say. One of my favorite parts about it is how the protagonist and his companions change throughout, especially listening to how they issue commands and dialogue during a firefight.

Protoss = Really old Draenei

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    =OT: Just finally downloaded the citadel DLC today and can't wait to give it a go. One last run with the crew
    Turn that frown upside down because it's actually kind of funny.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Downloaded and played Citadel and I am glad I did as it made up for the dissapointing favoutie colour ending, if you are a fan of Mass Effect and love the charecters then definately get it.

Am I the only one who hasn't really been playing MP since they pulled the weekend challenges? I've been so busy over the last half a year that the only times I played was around the time of the challenges where I was ingame anyway and decided to play some more. Since they stopped doing them I haven't had to excuse to go in the game for MP anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaeed Massani View Post
    Am I the only one who hasn't really been playing MP since they pulled the weekend challenges? I've been so busy over the last half a year that the only times I played was around the time of the challenges where I was ingame anyway and decided to play some more. Since they stopped doing them I haven't had to excuse to go in the game for MP anymore.
    I haven't just because I've been playing other stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't because my video card happened to explode the same week challenges ended.

Doesn't seem like much of a point playing anymore, just waiting for the next ME to come out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't played for a week, but off and on.
    Putin khuliyo