Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The only reason why it was free is because of the Fan outcry over the original endings. Remember the EC DLC wasn't planned and never would have been done if it wasn't for the ending outcry. It was free because of the reason why it was created in the first place and not because no one would have paid for it. Certainly someone would have paid for it when people bought the lock boxes for Multiplayer or the alternate appearance packs for squad mates.

I'm willing to bet a lot of people would have paid for the extended cut because of the role it filled for a lot of people, to expand the ending they disliked.
    Considering the fact they jacked up the price of the second and third DLC, we technically paid for it anyway.

And honestly? As a responce to 'fan outcry' it failed utterly, not only ignoring the actual issues but adding more stupidity. None of the big questions answered, and more of the character everyone hated, followed by contextless stills instead of closure. Yeah, I'm not impressed - 3+ months of work from the entire Bioware dev team and this was the best they could manage? It oozes with contempt, just like a schoolchild forced to do a presentation they don't want to do!

Bioware is going to have to work hard to get me interested in the next game. Very hard. And they need to cut the nonsense on Twitter too. At least they got rid of the jackass in charge of their community forum (new guy is much less arsey, and hasn't been caught spying on private groups yet).
    Last edited by Durandro; 2013-06-24 at 02:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Considering the fact they jacked up the price of the second and third DLC, we technically paid for it anyway.

And honestly? As a responce to 'fan outcry' it failed utterly, not only ignoring the actual issues but adding more stupidity. None of the big questions answered, and more of the character everyone hated, followed by contextless stills instead of closure. Yeah, I'm not impressed - 3+ months of work from the entire Bioware dev team and this was the best they could manage? It oozes with contempt, just like a schoolchild forced to do a presentation they don't want to do!

Bioware is going to have to work hard to get me interested in the next game. Very hard. And they need to cut the nonsense on Twitter too. At least they got rid of the jackass in charge of their community forum (new guy is much less arsey, and hasn't been caught spying on private groups yet).
    I'm glad you decided it was insulting because you didn't like it. . .
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post

I agree on twitter part. When I see posts like "What do you want in the next game?" it feels just like they have no idea what they're doing. Asking the fans to think for them. And when was the last time the game turned out good when developers listened to the fans? That's just a pathetic kind of strategy.

The EC did indeed fail. I thought it will bring more answers about forgotten links in the ME series. But instead, it juts put in detail the endings of the traffic light, which wore obvious even before the EC.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    I agree on twitter part. When I see posts like "What do you want in the next game?" it feels just like they have no idea what they're doing. Asking the fans to think for them. And when was the last time the game turned out good when developers listened to the fans? That's just a pathetic kind of strategy.

The EC did indeed fail. I thought it will bring more answers about forgotten links in the ME series. But instead, it juts put in detail the endings of the traffic light, which wore obvious even before the EC.
    I agree on the twitter part. I hate to see how Twitter turned into an announcement tool for the devs. Especially the BW devs really take that twitter announcement stuff to new levels of stupidity.

I think that the EC really wasn't that bad but the original ending was the one to blame for the EC. If the original ending wouldn't have sucked then the EC wouldn't have been necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
    I think that the EC really wasn't that bad but the original ending was the one to blame for the EC. If the original ending wouldn't have sucked then the EC wouldn't have been necessary.
    Well it brought more details, that's true. But what they did was just explain more thoroughly about the traffic light. Most of the stuff they showed in EC was already known without it, if you put a little thought in it. I was waiting for more answers to the actions you did in ME1 and ME2. More details about that. So maybe that's why I was disappointed with the EC. Well, I was disappointed with the whole ending overall ME3 at some points feels kinda rushed, like they could've done more and better. Perhaps it's just me, but I kinda waited for a bigger "OMG" from an ending to such a trilogy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I'm glad you decided it was insulting because you didn't like it. . .
    many people (me included) didn't like it. the main issue behind mass effect 3 was the ending (a rainbow cannon!? :| ) and the ending mission was nowhere even NEAR as good as the final mission in ME2. (we prepared for the final confrontation from the beginning by upgrading our ship and doing loyalty missions.)

not adding the fact that ME3s side missions (DLCs excluded) were incomplete and weak too... IF we can call them side missions (they were reused multiplayer maps.)

I don't blame BW for this, I blame EA because they ruin mostly anything that they touch. the multiplayer aspect of ME3, while fun, was not even needed because ME3 is a single player experience. to my opinion they sacrificed single player and the RPG aspect of game to please EA by adding multiplayer and turning the game into a "shooter" game with RPG elements.

The ME3 MP was probably the most fun co-op MP I have ever played. For someone who had never done anything like the kind before, it was extremely successful.

The only reason I liked the ME3 MP was because it was co-op. :P If it had been PvP I would've hated it and never played it.

Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    the multiplayer aspect of ME3, while fun, was not even needed because ME3 is a single player experience.
    But.. multiplayer was all I ever played the game for . I didn't see any replayability in the game otherwise.

Besides, the multiplayer was handled by the Montreal studio while the singleplayer was handled by Edmonton.

Deleted
    I can not comprehend your moaning. (this wont get me banned, will it?)
    BioWare writes games for fans, having the fans actually give input as to what game they want is a good thing.
    Getting what i want is what i want, i dont want what i do not want.
    Unless you are fully off your rockers like me, what you want in actually have a fair chance.
    BioWare wont give their elves scales and tails, but i wont whine about it even after BioWare saying they want fans input.
    Because im not unreasonable.
    This isnt some indie studio making their first game, BioWare have an established fanbase, their own mark and niché in the gaming industry.
    They will be writing the plot, the characters, the events and whatever the fuck people want that isnt too unreasonable.
    You want female turian power rangers team?
    They could handle it, and they will try to make it good if it passes.
    Will it be good? Thats for the future to determine.

The actual problem with gaming industry today is that most games are made for money, not for the enjoyment/fans.
    If EC didnt fail as it ran the same trail as the original ending, just Extended it.
    The theories stayed mostly the same, but we were giving more insights to the aftermath, and recognized a few more choices, making your choice the difference between death and life for Jacks Biotic Artillery Squad.
    The amount we got, and the stills, are ofcourse, subpar.
    And even if they were running out of ideas, the end product wouldnt feel that because of the input.
    The game itself is what matters, that will stand throughout the ages, not the production costs or Freeza Planet 419/BSN.

TL: DR The fans have a chance to get what we want, and BioWare will try their best after making games that were really good that had alot of what fans wanted. And people whine.

What do you people want?
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2013-06-24 at 12:55 PM.

Citadel is so awesome.

That is all.

---------- Post added 2013-06-24 at 09:16 PM ----------

I can't believe I missed so much the first time. This DLC has a LOT of stuff!

Wonder if it would ever be possible for Bioware to release a game that doesn't require me to buy a ton of additional DLCs to get the full story.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post
    Wonder if it would ever be possible for Bioware to release a game that doesn't require me to buy a ton of additional DLCs to get the full story.
    If it gets away from EA.

Deleted

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post
    That is a question that will always have a no for a story based game and something that is industry wide since companies like to make money rather then spend it for no payoff. Now if single player had a cash shop like multi player did then there likely would have been more free single player dlcs to encourage people to spend money in the cash shop.

But I also suspect that by your definition there can be no DLC for a story based game released with a cost because most dlcs for a story based game that add actual content would be "additional story" which means you wouldn't get the full story without buying a dlc.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted
    But I also suspect that by your definition there can be no DLC for a story based game released with a cost because most dlcs for a story based game that add actual content would be "additional story" which means you wouldn't get the full story without buying a dlc.
    Or they could just, i dont know, have the full story in the game to begin with and not making any DLCs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Or they could just, i dont know, have the full story in the game to begin with and not making any DLCs.
    What is the difference between "full story" and "additional story connected to original story"?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted
    What is the difference between "full story" and "additional story connected to original story"?
    Sell a book.
    Write two more chapters afterwards about the story, filling holes that you left either because of time, lack of ideas at the time, or just greed.
    Sell chapters.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If they had had the luxury of time and resources to make the full story they would have never finished the god damned game. Sometimes you have to draw a deadline.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side