Quote Originally Posted by DocThor View Post
    I saw a clip from that, seemed like a saturday morning cartoon set in the Mass Effect universe.

But hey, we all wanted to explore Vega's backstory right?

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    So I bought the Citadel DLC because I was bored and wanted something new to play.

OMG it was cheesy as fuck, couldn't play it for long. Now if Miranda is in it later, I might play it.
    Yeah I found the campaign monumentally cheesy, the storyline ridiculous (send in the clones is like the worst plot thread I can think of) and the way you take time out of the middle of ME3 with its incredibly grim atmosphere to go on a dorky side adventure and throw a party for your crew was beyond absurd. Billions are dying horribly on earth and I'm on shore leave while we make jokes about Vega ordering a pizza?

I mean, I like that they released a DLC focused on spending time with your crew, and some things about it were cool, but JESUS. Not like that!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    I just hope the next ME series will allow us to chose our characters race..I'd love to be able to have my character as a Krogan Soldier, Asari Biotic, or Quarian Tech....
    Mmm, I'm in two minds about that kind of thing. On the one hand choosing your race is cool, on the other it takes away from the main character's unique identity.

Not that Shepard really had a lot. But him being a human was a major part of the story.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Maybe they scan and deplete EVERY....SINGLE...PLANET?
    I did that until I capped all my resources and finally realised that it's pointless!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Considering everything he did, its strange that Shepard was never promoted above Commander.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Considering everything he did, its strange that Shepard was never promoted above Commander.
    There's no higher rank than Spectre. Shepard was out of Earth's military structure - so they couldn't promote her (Captains is as much a position as it is a rank - in the fleet that is). And really there was no need.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    There's no higher rank than Spectre. Shepard was out of Earth's military structure - so they couldn't promote her (Captains is as much a position as it is a rank - in the fleet that is). And really there was no need.
    She could have gotten a better human rank. Like 'Supreme Ruler of Earth' or 'Overlord'.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    'Overlord'.
    Well we do get the Space Jesus ending.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    They are actually doing that for DA:I. The chance is there for next ME game, how big it is i don't know though.
    No it's not. The fundamental difference is that Mass Effect has always been a voiced character, DA started off unvoiced, and it appears they are going back to that. Because of that they can do multiple races, but for me I hate it. I hate not hearing my characters lines, I hate being called by some stand in name all the time too.

I love that in Mass Effect you at least have a last name, and your character speaks! and you get to control their speech! Having multiple races would ruin that, or drastically shorten the game.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    No it's not. The fundamental difference is that Mass Effect has always been a voiced character, DA started off unvoiced, and it appears they are going back to that. Because of that they can do multiple races, but for me I hate it. I hate not hearing my characters lines, I hate being called by some stand in name all the time too.

I love that in Mass Effect you at least have a last name, and your character speaks! and you get to control their speech! Having multiple races would ruin that, or drastically shorten the game.
    Did that change recently? I recall the PC having a voice in a conversation from the DA:I pax demo last year.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    Considering that ME4 is a mod that use the same base (dialog interface, character status, improvements made to weapons, structure of map building) as DA:I, I would guess it's pretty possible to inherit this similarity.
    If by mod you mean uses the same game engine then yes to a degree. However the models of races are not being shared because there are no turian, krogan, or Asari in Dragon Age. Also if you consider ME4 to be a mod then do you also consider Mass Effect to be a mod? As it uses the unreal engine much like hundreds of other games. Character status and improvements made to weapons won't be shared between the two games either.

The dialog interface might and the structure of map building is a given since both are using the same game engine. You have a very skewed and limited grasp, as usual, of what goes into game design.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post

DA: I is going to have a voice protag.

Twitter post stating there will be an American and British accents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    If you picked Spacer. They offer the rank of Admiral to his mother. I'm sure since they weren't able to promote Shepard (N7 is the highest rank for his program), they promoted the people around him. Because of Shepard, they fast track Kaiden and Ashley through the system. I wonder if it ever came across Garrus' mind to join the Alliance military, he would probably be given a ship. Does the Alliance allow aliens into their organization?

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    If you picked Spacer. They offer the rank of Admiral to his mother. I'm sure since they weren't able to promote Shepard (N7 is the highest rank for his program), they promoted the people around him. Because of Shepard, they fast track Kaiden and Ashley through the system.
    Yep, everyone on Shepard's crew (human, er, Kaidan/Ashley) got their due promotions. Even Shepard's mom was offered a promotion for bringing Shepard into the world. Though she refused, iirc, to stay on her ship as Admiral position would take her behind the table. Anderson got promoted as well.
    I wonder if it ever came across Garrus' mind to join the Alliance military, he would probably be given a ship. Does the Alliance allow aliens into their organization?
    Not on Ashley's watch
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    If by mod you mean uses the same game engine then yes to a degree.
    I love to start the day with a good joke.

Does the Alliance allow aliens into their organization?
    Its the human alliance, tho im sure they would welcome his calibrating expertise.
    They missed a lot of shots in the space battle above Earth, and quite a good number rained down on Earth.

Hows that for friendly fire?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    Why can I see this "British accent" turning out to be one of those ridiculous stereotypes that doesn't actually exist in our country?
    Personally hoping they get Jo Wyatt to do a pc voice again. But i dunno. (¯\_(ツ)_/¯) Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll get good VAs to do the british voices.
    Last edited by Kaelwryn; 2014-05-31 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Yeah I found the campaign monumentally cheesy, the storyline ridiculous (send in the clones is like the worst plot thread I can think of) and the way you take time out of the middle of ME3 with its incredibly grim atmosphere to go on a dorky side adventure and throw a party for your crew was beyond absurd. Billions are dying horribly on earth and I'm on shore leave while we make jokes about Vega ordering a pizza?

I mean, I like that they released a DLC focused on spending time with your crew, and some things about it were cool, but JESUS. Not like that!
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one who felt that way about it.

Mind you the combat in the DLC was top notche. New enemies and a decent boss fight are things I can apprieciate.

- - - Updated - - -

Commander has a nice ring to it, though.

Though technically he/she wasn't even a Commander. Shepard was a Lieutenant Commander. Technically I beleive Kaiden outranks Shepard when he's promoted to Major (apparently its equivilent to Captain, apparently. Presumably the difference being a Captain commands a ship and a Major doesn't?).

- - - Updated - - -

If you picked Spacer. They offer the rank of Admiral to his mother. I'm sure since they weren't able to promote Shepard (N7 is the highest rank for his program), they promoted the people around him. Because of Shepard, they fast track Kaiden and Ashley through the system. I wonder if it ever came across Garrus' mind to join the Alliance military, he would probably be given a ship. Does the Alliance allow aliens into their organization?
    Shepard's mother was a Captain beforehand so it can be presumed she was promoted on her own merit and the shared family name probably helped too.

As for Garrus, he's a bit anti-establishment for a Turian. Considering he's not even got a rank in the Turian military anymore he probably rejected the notion since it would impose rules on him that he's not comfortable following anymore. He'd probably not want to join any organised military again, and prefers his place as an ad-hoc member of Shepard's crew and as a special advisor to the Turian military.

- - - Updated - - -

Why can I see this "British accent" turning out to be one of those ridiculous stereotypes that doesn't actually exist in our country?
    Saint's Row Voice 3?

I love that guy. Some people do actually have that accent, but not many.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

You know I really don't understand this thinking. Like yeah sure, people are dying and the world's basically ending but the Citadel is made so that it is done right before the -LAST- battle. This is your final hurrah. You may never see your crew again. Wouldn't you rather go out with this fond memory instead of the grim reality that you're more than likely going to die? That is the whole point of the party. Even so, you need SOME levity in that kind of situation. Having "the world is ending" bashed in your face 24/7 is terrible way to keep your sanity.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Though technically he/she wasn't even a Commander. Shepard was a Lieutenant Commander. Technically I beleive Kaiden outranks Shepard when he's promoted to Major (apparently its equivilent to Captain, apparently. Presumably the difference being a Captain commands a ship and a Major doesn't?).

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    In ascending order of responsibility, the ranks of the Alliance are:

ENLISTED

Serviceman 3rd Class/Private 2nd Class
    Serviceman 2nd Class/Private 1st Class
    Serviceman 1st Class/Corporal

NCOs

Service Chief
    Gunnery Chief
    Operations Chief

OFFICERS

2nd Lieutenant
    1st Lieutenant
    Staff Lieutenant
    Lieutenant Commander
    Staff Commander
    Captain/Major
    Rear Admiral/General
    Admiral
    Fleet Admiral
    Oh Shepard, you got left behind.

I want Jimmy Carr to voice the protaganist.

15+ Year Old Account
    You know who I would really love to do the British VA? Cary Elwes. Holy shit I would make a male character just to hear his voice.

15+ Year Old Account
    Can we just have Crispin Freeman voicing everything? his voice is bliss
    I'm ok with this. I would probably make a male character to hear Tsume/Alex/Togusa talking :3

Deleted
    Dubs?
    How plebian.

15+ Year Old Account
    Dubs?
    How plebian.
    You snooty snob subbed person. I prefer watching animes/movies in my native language if possible.