Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Greetings folks. It's come to my attention that there's been some ongoing discussion of piracy in this thread from multiple viewpoints. Just a friendly reminder, don't. Continuing that discussion will not end well, so let's keep posts on Mass Effect 3. Thanks.
    What about pirating Mass Effect 3?

Oh Gravath.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Well, she certainly looked like a guy the first time I saw her in ME1, but in ME3 she has become a sexy woman. So, yeah, I guess the events on Eden Prime changed her...
    few years couple more surgeries

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    few years couple more surgeries
    Did these involve getting breast implants when going into me3?

The god child would have made more sense if the AI did not resemble anyone Shepard have known or seen previously. They also decided for me that my Shepard should get PTSD, did not like that at all.
    Last edited by zealo; 2014-07-14 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Did these involve getting breast implants when going into me3?

The god child would have made more sense if the AI did not resemble anyone Shepard have known or seen previously. They also decided for me that my Shepard should get PTSD, did not like that at all.
    To be fair, I thought everyone got surgeries going through the game, I know for a fact my Shepard did not look like that at the start of ME1. :P

Does Shepard get PTSD even as a Renegade though? I did Paragon all the way through so it made sense that she would feel bad about innocents dying, but that...doesn't seem like something Renegade would care about.

And I don't mean like do the nightmares just disappear, obviously they still have to be there, I mean does Shepard still wake up all like "WOAH I'M SCARED" sorta thing.

I never noticed any increase in bust-size of Ashley. I chalked up any notable differences to be due to clothing.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    To be fair, I thought everyone got surgeries going through the game, I know for a fact my Shepard did not look like that at the start of ME1. :P

Does Shepard get PTSD even as a Renegade though? I did Paragon all the way through so it made sense that she would feel bad about innocents dying, but that...doesn't seem like something Renegade would care about.

And I don't mean like do the nightmares just disappear, obviously they still have to be there, I mean does Shepard still wake up all like "WOAH I'M SCARED" sorta thing.
    Interesting; I didn't really think about it since I've always played full Paragon, but, in case of Renegade, it indeed makes little sense. Maybe we should just consider that Renegade Shepard is not like a dark side Sith hating everyone and piling corpses everywhere he/she goes, but rather a war hero that doesn't really care about casualties as long as they serve the military effort - doesn't mean he/she doesn't care about innocents die, just that he/she rather sacrifice a few innocents to save million.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Interesting; I didn't really think about it since I've always played full Paragon, but, in case of Renegade, it indeed makes little sense. Maybe we should just consider that Renegade Shepard is not like a dark side Sith hating everyone and piling corpses everywhere he/she goes, but rather a war hero that doesn't really care about casualties as long as they serve the military effort - doesn't mean he/she doesn't care about innocents die, just that he/she rather sacrifice a few innocents to save million.
    That would make more sense, I guess I'll find out in my next play through when I decided to see the Renegade side.

Deleted
    To be honest, I thought the whole PTSD thing to be the most human thing they did to Shep in the series. I was like: finally, this makes perfect sense. And it is up to you how bad it is as well, depending on a few dialogue options and the question you're asked at the start of ME3 (I think it's there even for imported saves). For my goody two-shoes Shep who hadn't lost any more than the bare minimum and strived to save as many lives as possible, it was pretty clear that she wasn't going insane, but she wasn't really gonna sleep well through all of it either.

Point of discussion: do you think that if Shep DID survive the events of ME3, with the best possible ending for their mental health, that they would ever be able to reintegrate into society? I keep thinking of all the things Shep has seen, lived through, done, lived with, all the death, the horrors, the unfathomable weight on their shoulders, the nascent PTSD, the decisions of galactic proportions, yadda yadda, you get the picture, and I simply can't picture Shep ever being able to settle down (which you can talk about with some of your LIs, mind you).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deylana View Post
    Point of discussion: do you think that if Shep DID survive the events of ME3, with the best possible ending for their mental health, that they would ever be able to reintegrate into society? I keep thinking of all the things Shep has seen, lived through, done, lived with, all the death, the horrors, the unfathomable weight on their shoulders, the nascent PTSD, the decisions of galactic proportions, yadda yadda, you get the picture, and I simply can't picture Shep ever being able to settle down (which you can talk about with some of your LIs, mind you).
    He/she certainly wouldn't just settle down, he/she would continue pursuing criminals, doing public speeches to improve the world, etc. I don't think people being so active for many years can just "settle down", as long as there is still something they can do. Remember Ahern from the Pinnacle Station with his, "The day I retire is the day I die"? Shepard would think the same way, just with 100 times more confidence.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...comic-con.aspx

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/GambleMike/status/488827474336161792

10+ Year Old Account
    Saw this myself earlier. Can't wait!
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    the star child made sense to me because there was a way to save the kid if Shepard really tried and then the kid dies due to his inaction

another thing i picked up on was the dreams. the child seemed to not be noticed by anyone else at the time of the attack on earth and in all the dreams, voices of dead characters played including legion so it couldnt have been ghosts (random thought) the kid was just a compilation in shepards mind of everyone who died. innocent people lost... well except thane.... not really innocent, but a cool guy

It was fine to use the child, and good to have the dreams, but they needed to let us in on the catalyst controller thing a bit sooner, or maybe have an hour or two of game after the reveal. The biggest problem is its just bad pacing. It makes it feel like a huge machina ex machina.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Deleted
    I was like: finally, this makes perfect sense.

It was forced, nonsensical and it came out of nowhere to force sympathy and a layer of "depth" that isn't there because children are somehow special. The kid looks like a bully, don't give me that innocence bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Im not sure if id call the shitstorm that occured before EC "small" but its an average ending with it with all 3 options after it. It works by now although i would have wanted them to just skip the god child entirely.

Its also 3100 EMS for best ending with EC and 4100 without it.
    Honestly, the Starbrat is still my biggest complaint about the game. But the experience upto that point was phenomenal so I actually forgave that, even before the EC.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I agree. While I like the whole idea of Catalyst, I don't understand why they chose the kid as a projection of it. Should've been something more epic, like Harbinger itself directly controlled by Catalyst and speaking its words. The kid as Catalyst was as weird as Archdemon in DAO would be, if it was a kid instead of a dragon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post

It was forced, nonsensical and it came out of nowhere to force sympathy and a layer of "depth" that isn't there because children are somehow special. The kid looks like a bully, don't give me that innocence bullshit.
    The kid? Nevermind the kid, I meant the PTSD in general, THAT made perfect sense.

We don't talk about the kid.

10+ Year Old Account
    The kid? Nevermind the kid, I meant the PTSD in general, THAT made perfect sense.

We don't talk about the kid.
    Starbrat and Indiana Jones 4: The two things you NEVER talk about.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Talk about what? I wasn't talking about nuffin' officer.