Deleted

At 1:12 they show the new heroes that you can choose to play in ME4. They are HUMANS . So my theory about a post ME3 game setting gets more plausible again.

It´s either playing alongside the events of ME1-3 or after the ending of ME3. (The heroes have an N7 badge on their armor and N7 is not that old)

BTW: Yeah that is a bummer because I hoped that we could choose the race of our character like in Dragon Age 3. I wanted to play as an Asari or Krogan but it kinda makes sense because Mass Effect has always been about humans and their heroics.

I hope they'd do a sequel timeline, even if it means that they need to canonize one of the endings in 3. Alongside Shepard during the Reaper war would be just a letdown. "Yeah, we all know how this shit will end and that it's Shepard who ends this. Have fun doing a side quest with no effect to the fate of the galaxy."

10+ Year Old Account
    If they need to canonize an ending I hope they picked Destroy as that one would have the least amount of repercussions on a timeline, the reapers are fully gone, completely wiped out and there is no bullshit with humans merged with machines around.

Control would be most interesting though. Cybershepard, is he wiping out that planet for the good of the many or does he have a circuit loose? Who knows!
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

10+ Year Old Account
    we all know that destroy has the "best" ending

All they need to do is canonize the Indoctrination Theory and do a Destroy in which the Geth and EDI don't die.

Bam. 10/10.

Having the story during ME1-3 is a copout and shows they realise how much they fucked up the ending. It shows they are unwilling to take the risk of exploring a universe set -AFTER- ME3 because they don't know how to deal with the ending.

And if that's true, why the hell did they settle for that ending in the first place?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    All they need to do is canonize the Indoctrination Theory and do a Destroy in which the Geth and EDI don't die.

Bam. 10/10.
    But i want to kill my enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    But i want to kill my enemies.
    If Geth are your enemy by the time you reach the Beam they're already dead, tho.

Bam. 10/10.
    This. Oh lord, so much this.
    Having the story during ME1-3 is a copout and shows they realise how much they fucked up the ending. It shows they are unwilling to take the risk of exploring a universe set -AFTER- ME3 because they don't know how to deal with the ending.

And if that's true, why the hell did they settle for that ending in the first place?
    Artistic vision, init.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    Artistic vision, init.
    That statement really bit them in the arse. Assuming of course events similar to IT weren't the intention all along, in which case it actually is artistic integrity (I believe those were the actual words used to defend the ending) to not give it away or to stop people speculating as to what happens next (I believe this was also mentioned by devs as a thing they enough the playerbase doing - hense why they refused to give a yes or no answer regarding IT or even whether Shepard lives in the bonus Destroy ending).

But yeah, if they did that then it would be fantastic. And I'm actually in favour of them not 'revealing' it until much later on, and just dropping more hints in the next game as to weird goings on.

Heck, read the novels (bar the 4th one) and you get loads of hints - namely how Indoctrination actually effects a strong willed person who is aware of it. Grayson regularly hears weird whisperings at the edge of his hearing, sees objects at the edge of his vision, feels a crawling down his spine and even heards Reaper 'growls' in places where there are no Reapers (after making a decision that is counter to the Reaper's plans/resisting their influence). And eventually... Well, give it a read and join up the dots!

...oh, and a bit more OT: apparently there are hints that this game will be set during the events of ME2 and ME3 from a different perspective. Which excites the shit out of me, I'll freely admit*. Its also the only thing that makes sense based on the fact we know ME3 imports will be possible, each of the endings has vastly different outcomes that couldn't possibly be programmed into a 4th game and that the Krogan are definately going to be included.

Still not going to preorder though.

*Unless its confirmed to be set on Earth, fighting in the Resistance alongside Anderson. Then I might allow my wallet to be violated.
    Last edited by Durandro; 2014-08-01 at 02:24 PM.

The -ONLY- way I'm buying this game if it's set during Shepard's timeline is if at the end we find out Shepard was mentally attacked by reapers, the star kid doesn't exist and we detonate the Crucible ourselves.

No ifs or buts.

I'm not paying for nostalgia.

The -ONLY- way I'm buying this game if it's set during Shepard's timeline is if at the end we find out Shepard was mentally attacked by reapers, the star kid doesn't exist and we detonate the Crucible ourselves.

No ifs or buts.

I'm not paying for nostalgia.
    While I won't concure with the 'only' part, that scenerio would be pretty sweet.

Would restore my trust in Bioware.

Deleted
    If Geth are your enemy by the time you reach the Beam they're already dead, tho.
    The quarians are friends so using the geth to advance the quarians until you finish them off with the beam is the optimal tactic.
    Thanks to BioWares "Good people are good" philosophy.
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2014-08-01 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    The quarians are friends so using the geth to advance the quarians until you finish them off with the beam is the optimal tactic.
    Thanks to BioWares "Good people are good" philosophy.
    That's very debatable. If I were to choose, I'd take the Geth. As much as I love Tali, the Quarians have done a series of fuckups that are unforgivable.

Without listing them all, they fired at the ship Shepard was in. The only guy that can stop the reapers. They were willing to kill him if it meant getting their planet back, even if it would only be for a few years, after which the Reapers would kill them all.

They are just... mad. You can't count on them. So it's Geth all the way, for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's very debatable. If I were to choose, I'd take the Geth. As much as I love Tali, the Quarians have done a series of fuckups that are unforgivable.

Without listing them all, they fired at the ship Shepard was in. The only guy that can stop the reapers. They were willing to kill him if it meant getting their planet back, even if it would only be for a few years, after which the Reapers would kill them all.

They are just... mad. You can't count on them. So it's Geth all the way, for me.
    I'm always impressed that the Geth still regard the Quarians as basically gods, or at the very least, parents. But yeah there wouldn't even be a war if the Quarians didn't have some seriously fanatical devotion to killing the Geth.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Id honestly prefer if they just screwed the whole side story taking place during ME 1-3 and placed it perhaps 500 years afterwards in a galaxy that is rebuilding.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope that in the next game they can manage to write as well as they did in the previous for your crewmates.

I took a look at a video about Mordin..... I was in absolute shock when he says "I MADE A MISTAKE!"

- - - Updated - - -

I am also very much against a side story within ME1-3

Because we know how it ends, and we know how pointless this story is to the franchise. My example that could closely resemble this is Assassins creed 4. Well made game? Yes! Fun game? Yes! Good story? Not bad!

Now the issue with 4... we know how it ends... in fact we know exactly how it ends. This is especially true if you play AC3 where we learn that Haythem, the son of Edward the protagonist in AC4 knew his father. He brings this up in the very beginning of the game by stating that his father took him to the same play as a child. (the first mission takes place in a theater)

That means we know that Edward will live during his adventure in AC4. His wikia during AC3 even states that Edward was an assassin and how he was killed (which was later in Haythems childhood). Heck Ac4 even ends by showing Edward taking his daughter and Haythem to that play to connect the games.

AC4 was a pointless side story. Its story suffered because we knew how it ended before it even began. Although AC did squeak out of having it be a total loss since it has 2 main stories, the Abstergo missions being the other.
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2014-08-02 at 03:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they implement that indoctrination theory and pretty much null and void the other 4.

So there would be no reapers
    Quarian could still be around, but in very small numbers.
    Geth would likely be in the game boat if any remain
    Krogans would still be around, just no babies

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Id honestly prefer if they just screwed the whole side story taking place during ME 1-3 and placed it perhaps 500 years afterwards in a galaxy that is rebuilding.
    What I do like about it is that it "fills in the world". From a world-building perspective it's great story. When everything only happens when the hero is around and the rest of the universe basically grinds to a halt the setting feels very empty. The hero should certainly be a big mover and shaker and when they come around, shit goes down, but that shouldn't preclude shit from going down when they're not there.

It may be distracting to some and I can understand that there is a certain amount of "I don't want to deal with this shit, we've got bigger fish to fry." mentality, it remains good world-building technique. One of the reasons the hero is so heroic is because by comparison, the rest of the world is very petty. Quarian vs. Geth. Turian & Salarian v. Krogan. Everyone v. Rachni. Elitist Asari holding out on the galaxy to maintain their superiority while hiding dark secrets. Humans secretly maneuvering to rule the galaxy. You wouldn't be a hero if everyone else weren't being assholes behind the scenes.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    I really hope the story of ME4 won't be neither a prequel nor a parallel story to the events in ME3 and involving other characters like the story of DA2.