Deleted
    Baldurs Gate is getting a successor called Pillars of Eternity.

Discuss.

Do not post just to derail threads. -Infracted. Lucetia
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2014-10-23 at 07:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Baldurs Gate is getting a successor called Pillars of Eternity.

Discuss.
    That is not all that true.

Its getting a spiritual successor in a kind of way but pillars of eternity is not BG3. Obsidian have been itching for years to have a go at it but they never really managed to land the rights to the project and get it started.

Please do not reply and help derail a thread. -Infracted. Lucetia
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2014-10-23 at 07:21 PM.

Deleted
    Notice how i said successor and not sequel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Notice how i said successor and not sequel.
    Still not quite right. By the very definition of "successor" there can only be one successor, and it is arguably Neverwinter Nights, or, at least, Dragon Age: Origins. "Spiritual successor" is a more precise term, although I still don't like it as it is presumed that there is only one successor.

Do not post to either derail a thread or respond to a derailed post. -Infracted. Lucetia
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2014-10-23 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Still not quite right. By the very definition of "successor" there can only be one successor, and it is arguably Neverwinter Nights, or, at least, Dragon Age: Origins. "Spiritual successor" is a more precise term, although I still don't like it as it is presumed that there is only one successor.
    I dispute your "only one successor" claim on the grounds that the Star League birthed five successor states.

Do not post to either derail a thread or respond to a derailed post. -Infracted. Lucetia

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    I dispute your "only one successor" claim on the grounds that the Star League birthed five successor states.
    "Successor" comes from the word "to succeed". For example, "to succeed a throne" means to take the throne from someone else, and after that it belongs to you, so other people can still succeed you, but they can't succeed that person.

Not sure what Star League is, but there is only one possibility of succeeding by multiple entities: if it happens at once. For example, if Pillars of Eternity was a set of 5 different games released at once, each of them could be called a successor. Otherwise... if we agree that Neverwinter Nights is Baldur's Gate's successor (I think the majority will definitely agree with this, or, if we expand it by adding NWN2, KotoR 1/2 and Dragon Age 1/2, then probably 99.9% people will say that, at least, one of these games is successor to Baldur's Gate), then Pillars of Eternity can't be that by definition. It can become a successor of one of these games though.

I think the best way to call it would be just "a game inspired by Baldur's Gate", as this is pretty much what it is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I think the best way to call it would be just "a game inspired by Baldur's Gate", as this is pretty much what it is.
    Or is that how you want it to be?

Deleted
    If you use or read the word successor multiple times in a short time frame, its starts to sound and read strange somehow.

Successor. Successor. Successor.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Corros View Post
    If you use or read the word successor multiple times in a short time frame, its starts to sound and read strange somehow.

Successor. Successor. Successor.
    Successing succeeded successors in rapid succession.

Say it.

Deleted
    imagine it with a german accent

Deleted
    Or Arnold. Hearing him say that 10 times fast would be interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or is that how you want it to be?
    I don't want it to be that since I believe that BG games are (same as Neverwinter Nights 1) massively overestimated. I'd rather it be a Dragon Age inspired game.

This is a reminder that this thread is about Mass Effect 3. There is no need to discuss any other game. If you do then please post in the appropriate thread. People look at this thread for Mass Effect 3 information and having other games thrown in provides them with nothing to discuss with the game.

Talk about mods going trigger happy.

Mark Meer's Shepard isn't emotional because Shepard is a cool as ice mothafucka. He's a pretty cool goy in the Alliance, he's supposed to be calm.

You don't hear Hackett creaming his pants over the com, do you?

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    You don't hear Hackett creaming his pants over the com, do you?
    But I did hear this from him:
    Stand fast. Stand strong. Stand together. Hack it out.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    But I did hear this from him:
    Stand fast. Stand strong. Stand together. Hack it out.
    oh my god he is talking to the reapers saying they should hack out shepard's brain indoctrination theory confirmed hackett is saren

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    oh my god he is talking to the reapers saying they should hack out shepard's brain indoctrination theory confirmed hackett is saren
    Valve just announced they will released the 3rd game in everyone on of their franchises all in time for Christmas. It's a Christmas Miracle!

10+ Year Old Account

Shepard is a relatable character for people like me seeing as he/she can't dance.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Shepard is a relatable character for people like me seeing as he/she can't dance.
    Idk femshep danced the tango pretty well!