10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freezymcgee View Post
    Just to confirm there is no campaign co-op just the watered down co-op challenges correct?

if so wont be picking this up, no co-op campaign at this stage is just sad
    Because it's a single-player RPG where you interact with a universe that responds directly to your actions as opposed to a static-world MMO that never changes no matter what you do?
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Just to confirm there is no campaign co-op just the watered down co-op challenges correct?

Pretty much it's a side thing. What Bioware did say was that in doing them it helps you in some sort of way in the campaign. I would assume it would be like ME1 Achievements going over to ME2 where you get perks, bonuses, etc, or perhaps they help you in some missions and mentions other "teams" doing something. (Like to add they didn't say this was going to be some big story changer if you did or didn't do it, just to clarify that.)

To me it's a lot like how Dead Space 2 added multiplayer, except actually more entertaining.
    Last edited by Roamingstorm; 2012-02-15 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roamingstorm View Post
    Pretty much it's a side thing. What Bioware did say was that in doing them it helps you in some sort of way in the campaign. I would assume it would be like ME1 Achievements going over to ME2 where you get perks, bonuses, etc, or perhaps they help you in some missions and mentions other "teams" doing something. (Like to add they didn't say this was going to be some big story changer if you did or didn't do it, just to clarify that.)

To me it's a lot like how Dead Space 2 added multiplayer, except actually more entertaining.
    Playing multiplayer increases your Galactic Readiness Level in campaign. It is entirely optional though, as Galactic Readiness can be maxed without multiplayer or Galaxy At War.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2012-02-15 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    I was also pretty surprised at how bad some of the textures were, but I'm hoping it has to do with it being a demo. Otherwise the graphics were improved over ME2 I think... the faces and the lighting and stuff. The gameplay graphics outside cutscenes look pretty good when you aren't zoomed in on the pixels of Shepard's armor. Although... it seemed to me that the lip-syncing during cutscenes was way off...?

I quite liked the movement and combat changes. Tumbling, moving between cover, controls are smoother overall.
    The costumes and suits all looked like shit but Sheps face never looked better. That's what impressed me at first initially during the character creation.

10+ Year Old Account
    that james character looks rather nice.... looks like i will have both jacob and james as team mates lol :S

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by looopy View Post
    So here's my internal battle (have had it with other games but its especially horrible on Me3 cuz of the save transfer)

So I have an I7 desktop that i really have recently loved playing games on, but I played the first 2 on xbox.

Pros of Computer:
    Better graphics (you guys tell me would they really be that much better for Me3? or is it a quick port over?)
    Faster load times (the 360 load times on Me2 were atrocious)

Cons of Computer:
    Lose all progress, square one.
    Lose my story etc.
    DRM?
    wow
    Pros of xbox:
    See above

Cons of Xbox:
    I played the second Me2 first and had a shitty ending. Then I went on months later to play the first and loved how my choices panned out. So if I were to transfer my new character in, I would have to replay Me2 again (With ToR, Tribes, Rage, Diablo 3, and of course Me3 staring me in the face, I dont exactly have alot of time for this)

So please tell me what you guys think
    I believe there's software that allows you to convert a ME2 Xbox save to a PC save. not sure though. check out www.masseffectsaves.com

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    You can import a Mass Effect 1/2 360 save to pc (and the reverse).

Took about 5min of googling and even managed to fix "The Fan" quest to paragon using a save editor (import bugged to always be renegade)

Everything else working fine.
    From what I understand, even manually fixing the save bug with Conrad, you'll still get the Renegade result (as in, he always remembers you shoving a pistol in his face). Seems the save bug is two-way.

Quote Originally Posted by Roamingstorm View Post
    The graphics in my opinion are fine, hell I wouldn't care if they were still Mass Effect 1 graphics because even then they were good. The game is not selling itself on cutting edge graphics. (Mind you I played on the 360)
    The "car" runs just fine, PC users are just asking for a better paint job. And with good reason.

I don't play Bioware titles for the bloom effects and awesome tesselation, but giving an AAA title with a huge budget low-res textures on purpose isn't a sloppy job, it's nails on the chalkboard. If the ME series was more mod friendly (a la TES), it'd take a single devoted fan a maximum of a few days to get amazing textures, so for a company it wouldn't even be time consuming or cost a lot of money.

In itself the textures in the ME3 demo are fine, but when you start taking these kind of things into account, you start to wonder why the F they don't give us better textures, even in the form of an optional download. Is it REALLY to save money? It's not even a penny per sold copy, and if you take the added sales in the "enthusiast gamer" market (you know - those people that refuse to buy a title if it doesn't tax their computer enough), it might even be a net gain.

With that said, I'm glad they have high res textures where it really matters (such as faces). But it hurts the RP atmosphere when your armor is shoddy looking.

It must be your first mass effect game if you think co-op campaign in mass effect is a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Raphtheone View Post
    From what I understand, even manually fixing the save bug with Conrad, you'll still get the Renegade result (as in, he always remembers you shoving a pistol in his face). Seems the save bug is two-way.

The "car" runs just fine, PC users are just asking for a better paint job. And with good reason.

I don't play Bioware titles for the bloom effects and awesome tesselation, but giving an AAA title with a huge budget low-res textures on purpose isn't a sloppy job, it's nails on the chalkboard. If the ME series was more mod friendly (a la TES), it'd take a single devoted fan a maximum of a few days to get amazing textures, so for a company it wouldn't even be time consuming or cost a lot of money.

In itself the textures in the ME3 demo are fine, but when you start taking these kind of things into account, you start to wonder why the F they don't give us better textures, even in the form of an optional download. Is it REALLY to save money? It's not even a penny per sold copy, and if you take the added sales in the "enthusiast gamer" market (you know - those people that refuse to buy a title if it doesn't tax their computer enough), it might even be a net gain.

With that said, I'm glad they have high res textures where it really matters (such as faces). But it hurts the RP atmosphere when your armor is shoddy looking.
    While I agree with your standing, I don't really care for highres textures. Yes, they totally can do it, but they are lazy, dumb, etc. I don't really care man.
    Since when great games have been defined by it's eye-candy engine?
    Don't take this the wrong way though. I love graphics and for some reviewers that is a major part of the final evaluation, and it's somewhat true. In this age of gaming we would expect stunning graphics on every game because after all, it's 2012 and not the 90s.
    But my point is, that I don't personally enjoy a game because of the graphics, and even if sometimes I feel dragged by some of the really impressive engines, I don't even bother with the game if it doesn't have a good story, and a million more important things than the graphics.

15+ Year Old Account
    So.

I played the Demo.

I was on the fence if I wanted to buy it or not. I enjoyed ME1 and 2, but not like, Soooooo much that I'd buy ME3 on release because of that alone.

I LOVED this demo. I LOVED the intro level(To quote myself right after it, to a friend. "That is how you do a fucking intro level....holy shit").
    It took everything I liked from ME2 and made it better. The skillups feel better, the UI is prettier, the combat actually feels better(And ME2 had pretty darn good combat). Overall, I'm impressed. And happy.

What confused me was the lack of graphic settings though(PC). It hard Borderless Windowed, but that's it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really the only bad texture that "stood out" for me was his clothing for the Intro level. His armor for the second mission in the demo was crisp and clean.

Well, it's only the demo.
    Pretty sure the graphic settings will have a wider variety by launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Dupin View Post
    I doubt it on the 360 which is where I played the demo. With the little bit of reading I did the engine was tweaked after ME2, if that is responsible for the questionable human models? Regardless, once I got to the second part of the demo I didn't notice the graphical issues anymore. It was just that first section where I kept getting slapped in the face with glaring issues.

Yeah, I meant for the PC

15+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't be too shocked, but we'll see.

Option wise it seems everything else is there but a choice to change from Low-Mid-High-Ultra...which would actually be kinda bad to leave out.
    But then, you can't import characters either. So who knows.

Still buying it release though. The demo really impressed me.

Heh, I know that feeling back in ME2.
    And I'm buying it right away aswell, but I'm kinda busy atm with my current savegame I want to get to ME3, all the way from ME1 ;_;

There's a me3configsomething.exe in the ME3/bin folder. But the only thing you can do really is crank the standard 8xAF up to 16x. And there's an in-game option where you can toggle AA on or off. That's it. The config exe is the same as the one with ME2, the in-game AA toggle is an added bonus, but completely unnecessary with Nvidia panel (I assume ATI has something similar).

While I agree with your standing, I don't really care for highres textures. Yes, they totally can do it, but they are lazy, dumb, etc. I don't really care man.
    Since when great games have been defined by it's eye-candy engine?
    Don't take this the wrong way though. I love graphics and for some reviewers that is a major part of the final evaluation, and it's somewhat true. In this age of gaming we would expect stunning graphics on every game because after all, it's 2012 and not the 90s.
    But my point is, that I don't personally enjoy a game because of the graphics, and even if sometimes I feel dragged by some of the really impressive engines, I don't even bother with the game if it doesn't have a good story, and a million more important things than the graphics.
    I agree with you completely. I just see a difference between the GE output (explosions, sunrays, depth perception, IE "eye candy"), and textures. What irks me in ME3 is the continued effort of console friendly textures in the PC port. Yes, it's 2012, but it doesn't necessarily mean every game launched should hog a computer like certain titles have done in the past. It should however be enough of an argument to not use decade old texture resolutions. This has nothing to do with the graphics or the game engine, mind you. I'm very happy with the actual graphics of ME3 (the output of the GE). It's a great engine.

But their usage of low-res textures gives me the impression of this red Ferrari with yellow Fiat spare parts here and there on the chassis. It still runs great, no question about it. I just question the use of the Fiat parts, they're an eye sore to the somewhat trained eye. Even more so when they have done this with ME and ME2 as well, shipping 512x512 and 1024x1024 resolution textures when they have source files of 2048x2048. I get consoles have (in todays eyes) a serious restriction on memory. But it's not hard to compile an installer with textures and put up a download link on the website for PC users.

To put it simply, the thought behind the act is what irks me. The actual act, not so much. It can simply be remedied by a fanmade High Res Texture Pack, but the thought will linger, and remain unsolved. I haven't used any in the past, since it forces you to use a third party program called Texmod, but given the fact that we're now forced to a third party program to actually play ME3, getting another shouldn't be that much of a stretch.
    Last edited by Raphtheone; 2012-02-15 at 03:03 PM. Reason: simple spelling errors corrected

Deleted
    Argh. Bloody biotics are meh again.

I'll admit, my Adept was pretty OP is ME1, where I could kill a squad of Asari Commandos using Master Throw to smash them all into a wall; but now I don't feel like the typical 'Mage' role the Adept was originally supposed to cover, Glass Cannon, now I feel.. meh.

My biggest complaint however, has to be the fact that they changed it from instantly hitting in ME1, to this stupid flying blue ball system in ME2; then they stuck with that in ME3. :<

Damn you blue ball!

I just want my Adept to work like it did in ME1, even if they tone down the power a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    Argh. Bloody biotics are meh again.

I'll admit, my Adept was pretty OP is ME1, where I could kill a squad of Asari Commandos using Master Throw to smash them all into a wall; but now I don't feel like the typical 'Mage' role the Adept was originally supposed to cover, Glass Cannon, now I feel.. meh.

My biggest complaint however, has to be the fact that they changed it from instantly hitting in ME1, to this stupid flying blue ball system in ME2; then they stuck with that in ME3. :<

Damn you blue ball!

I just want my Adept to work like it did in ME1, even if they tone down the power a bit.
    I actually feel like biotics are more powerful than ever in ME3, aside from stasis spamming Bastion Adepts in ME1 of course. Damage is probably lower in ME3, but the CC, dear god the CC. Singularity is better than ever, and at higher levels it's going to be like a 3-4 second CD. Its duration will be longer than its CD lol.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I found the demo to be underwhelming and I didn't play past the first part of it, as I didn't want to play the part of saving the Krogan yet.