After playing the demo I came away a bit disappointed. While the single player aspect is ok I guess (for a demo) the multiplayer just doesn't work very well. I don't know whose idea it was to bind every single action to space bar but it simply doesn't work. If I try to sprint I will sometimes randomly roll in a direction, if i want to go into cover I will roll in a random direction, if I want to sprint near an object I will randomly go into cover, I try to revive someone and i go into cover or roll etc etc.

It is an issue in single player as well. A couple times I was trying to go into cover but instead I rolled out in the open and would die instead. I don't understand how a designer didn't see this as a big problem when designing the game.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Jacob6875 <=== Check out my Youtube Channel !!

Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    This. I don't know what was that scene supposed to do, but in only made me cringe and sigh. Bioware used to have much better writing in their games.
    /tinfoil hat ON

Maybe the kid isn't real. Anderson doesn't seem to be aware of the kid, and later when he's entering the ship, no one notice him. Maybe Shepard had his mind affected when in contact with the Human Reaper, or Object Rho( arrival DLC).
    The kid could be a manifestation of the Reapers in Shepard's mind, showing him that there is no hope.

/tinfoil hat OFF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RevanSparda View Post
    /tinfoil hat ON

Maybe the kid isn't real. Anderson doesn't seem to be aware of the kid, and later when he's entering the ship, no one notice him. Maybe Shepard had his mind affected when in contact with the Human Reaper, or Object Rho( arrival DLC).
    The kid could be a manifestation of the Reapers in Shepard's mind, showing him that there is no hope.

/tinfoil hat OFF
    Now THAT would be Bioware writing.

/tinfoil hat ON

/tinfoil hat OFF
    The moment I saw the kid I actually immediately thought: it must be in Shepard's head! We will have to see. On its own merits, as a forced tear-jerker, it remains weak in my books.

10+ Year Old Account
    20 Vanguard and I am loving it! Great game considering its a demo, will deffo buy it with GTA 5 coming too :P

---------- Post added 2012-02-18 at 09:37 PM ----------

/tinfoil hat ON

/tinfoil hat OFF
    Whooah! Now that is a very viable statement! Interesting :O
    -K

/tinfoil hat ON

/tinfoil hat OFF
    if its like that.. i applaud bioware

/tinfoil hat ON

/tinfoil hat OFF
    So in other words, they have really gone down the drain with the writing (I remember all those nights in trance playing BG2:SoA), or they've gone back to what they once were. Either way, no mediocre result, and easy to distinguish. I don't know why, but I have a bigger problem with mediocre stuff that try to aim higher (HELLO CLICHES, TASTELESS REFERENCES, ETC), than things that actually have reached its "highest" and is little more than crap. So either way, it's a win. At least for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    Cant wait to fight some munstas with my Quarian girlfriend, Tali
    Idd... also
    this is how i will explain mass effect to my non playing friends

---------- Post added 2012-02-18 at 11:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Requiemcliff View Post
    I think I'll put on a point that I kinda think about when people say about the kid dying scene being forced.

What Bioware I believe was going with was generally the idea, "You can't put a face on a million people."

Now, how well they did it in the demo I wasn't too OMG about, but the idea to me was, them saying a million people died due to the reapers landing is somewhat of a player punch, but it hits a lot harder when you know people who died.

Good examples would be in the other Mass Effect games, *SPOILERS AHOY*

A companion of yours dies, somebody you may have grown to see, maybe even really liked, then they die. It's a lot sadder than hearing "Oh, a planet was blown up."

Now, the scene I felt was sad, it's not a faceless soldier who died, it was somebody you met, and actually spoke with, it wasn't a -very- sad scene, but it did have an emotional note.

In general though, I thought the demo was decent, I am sad they took out some of the choices for the demo, but it wasn't too bad, really the spacebar doing everything was what bugged me more than anything else.
    Its quite sad when some of the chars die in Mass Effect - except for Ashley Williams - racist jerk!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry but this is the only thing that keeps me going until 9th of March.

Quote Originally Posted by Teasy View Post
    I'm sorry but this is the only thing that keeps me going until 9th of March.

Jack wall and Sam hulick aren't back for this one and I was kinda worried that the soundtrack would suffer. ME has always had a really good soundtrack and I've enjoyed it over the years. So far from what I heard in the demo, including this track I'm really excited for what's to come.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they make reapers cool again. Sovereign was great, but harbinger was just disappointing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Jack wall and Sam hulick aren't back for this one and I was kinda worried that the soundtrack would suffer. ME has always had a really good soundtrack and I've enjoyed it over the years. So far from what I heard in the demo, including this track I'm really excited for what's to come.
    Indeed, in every part of the avalible demo, music is just breathtaking. I was actually giving very high hopes about music in ME3, and now I'm sure they won't let us down. And here I thought that after ending song of ME1 there just can't be anything better. As a reminder:

Played through the demo multiple times. Enjoyed it as expected and can't wait to pick up my collector's edition on the 6th and start on my multiple saves =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah!
    How good was the Demo?
    It was amazing, I'm so keen for the game!
    Miranda looks very different to her ME2 self, but the rest good look. I was surprised to see that you can choose to play a type of the game where decisions mean nothing, and it's all chosen for you, pretty silly, but I suppose it reaches a greater audience.
    Multiplayer seems fun, but it was a little chuggy in it, but that is beta for you. I didn't expect my computer to be able to run ME3, but it does so easily.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Indeed, in every part of the avalible demo, music is just breathtaking. I was actually giving very high hopes about music in ME3, and now I'm sure they won't let us down. And here I thought that after ending song of ME1 there just can't be anything better. As a reminder:
    I always wondered what happened to Faunts the band that made that song. The video is actually really sweet.

It looks like Faunts are coming back in ME3

10+ Year Old Account
    I still love the original...

When I launch ME1 I find myself just listening to the music on the launcher for a bit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob6875 View Post
    After playing the demo I came away a bit disappointed. While the single player aspect is ok I guess (for a demo) the multiplayer just doesn't work very well. I don't know whose idea it was to bind every single action to space bar but it simply doesn't work. If I try to sprint I will sometimes randomly roll in a direction, if i want to go into cover I will roll in a random direction, if I want to sprint near an object I will randomly go into cover, I try to revive someone and i go into cover or roll etc etc.

It is an issue in single player as well. A couple times I was trying to go into cover but instead I rolled out in the open and would die instead. I don't understand how a designer didn't see this as a big problem when designing the game.
    People really need to stop whining about the spacebar thing... Sure at first it was abit clunky, but in the end I just learned how it worked and now I dont even notice that I use it for three different things.

So seriously, its a minor issue if even an issue at all, it works fine once you get used to it.

Really we all know theirs one song that has to be back in this game and were beating around the bush.

I remember the first time I hit the galaxy map. It just fits so well damnit I don't know. It just helps invoke the feeling that the galaxy is so huge and wondrous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leetsushi View Post
    It looks like Faunts are coming back in ME3
    This. Is. Fabulous.

You just made my day sir