10+ Year Old Account
    This is now the "Mass Effect Music Megathread!"

see and heres another one

it felt good as the pseudo intro theme but when you finally met vigil it felt appropriate to.

Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    People really need to stop whining about the spacebar thing... Sure at first it was abit clunky, but in the end I just learned how it worked and now I dont even notice that I use it for three different things.

So seriously, its a minor issue if even an issue at all, it works fine once you get used to it.
    Nope, still sucks. Almost level 20 Vanguard with a few other chars up to nearly 10 and it still sucks. Yes, I can work with it, but every damn time I cling to the wall at the wrong time, like cling to the wall while trying to revive a teammate, I am reminded just how horrible that button is.

@Demo: http://youtu.be/Gayz4s82LHs

Quote Originally Posted by Teasy View Post
    I'm sorry but this is the only thing that keeps me going until 9th of March.

i get goosebumps when i hear this song..

Quote Originally Posted by omglazor View Post
    Nope, still sucks. Almost level 20 Vanguard with a few other chars up to nearly 10 and it still sucks. Yes, I can work with it, but every damn time I cling to the wall at the wrong time, like cling to the wall while trying to revive a teammate, I am reminded just how horrible that button is.

@Demo: http://youtu.be/Gayz4s82LHs
    Just for curiosity, have you played the previous ME titles on PC or consoles? Because i have no problem with the spacebar button in ME3.

Quote Originally Posted by RevanSparda View Post
    Just for curiosity, have you played the previous ME titles on PC or consoles? Because i have no problem with the spacebar button in ME3.
    Yep, both ME and ME2. It has been quite a while since though.

I just started up a new character in ME1 a few hours ago to do a full Renegade run through the 2 games.
    So playing around with the controls/stickiness of walls, I find them significantly less sticky in ME1. It almost seems like a calibration issue, a balance of stickiness if you will. I definitely prefer ME1 level of stickiness because there is an option of crouching, so you do not necessarily need to be stuck to a wall to be hiding behind it. I really do not like sticking to a wall while running near it.
    At this point, I would prefer a combination of ME1 and ME3 controls:
    ME1 pluses: less sticky walls, separate action buttons (Use and Sprint), Crouching (which can also stick you to walls if you are near them)
    ME3 pluses: roll, hop over a barrier

I am still debating on class leveling, but I think I prefer ME1. More options for leveling, more abilities (at least in case of Vanguard that I am playing), unlockable abilities. Not a massive deal, but I just like the more complex nature of ME1s abilities.

On the other hand, I am reminded, not that I need to be as I have a very clear memory of it, of the item/inventory/mod management nightmare of ME1. Simplifying that is definitely a good idea.

The all-in-one button is horrible for many reasons. While some people might not experience any problems with it, or problems they don't mind, the all-in-one-button solution provides a series of issues that wouldn't exist if you split the commands up. Allowing to bind one key to multiple actions would still allow the wonder-button-people to remain happy.

The all-in-one-button (what do you actually call it? O_o) is unforgiving and punishes a sloppy playstyle. This might seem okay, or even logical to some people, but bear in mind that one of the first (and most sacred) lessons a (good) game developer learns is to never punish a player for bad behavior, but to reward them for good. It's a game meant for entertainment after all. Playing "clinically" is okay with the all-in-one button; if I stand still and use something, I will use it, if I hold W and sprint, I will sprint forward, etc. The problem is when you want to do multiple things at once; if you are running into something you want to use and use it, you will roll forward.

When you wish to perform a series of combinations (moving in/out of cover connected with a brief sprint and a directional roll, for instance), things get ugly, fast. When dodging a box right in front of me while I want to start sprinting, I roll to the side. What's up with that? If you want to take cover behind that desk you always do, and there's a laptop on it that you now can use, you will use the laptop; not take cover (really annoying when covering someone who's already using it). The list goes on. And on, and on and on. And ooooon. 'nd oooooon.

Seriously. They should ditch the wonder-button. It probably works just fine if you go like this: "Move to cover. Take cover. Leave cover. Move to new location. Sprint when I only run forward. etc etc". But if you go like this: "MoveRollReloadSnipeHeadshot, FlytoothersideGoinvisibleSprintPOWERATTACKbackwardsroll180*turnSnipeHEADSHOT, assistteammateCCsomething etc etc", you start making screwups. Not because you're a bad player, but because of a punishing key binding system.

edit:
    Second time I wish to do multiplayer and I can't login on Origin. Out of four playing sessions. I have never in all of my years of using Steam, battle.net and other well budgeted services had any issues with connecting. Not once. I honestly don't like this. I'm not one of those EA haters, but I start to realize why there are so many.

edit2:
    I went to http://help.ea.com/article/connectio...es-with-origin
    I didn't find the article helpful at all, and wanted to vote at the end of the page, as constructive feedback (letting them know there are other issues with connectivity than they bring up in the topic). However, I must log in to vote. I can't log in, since I have connection issues. Anyone else see a fault with this?
    Last edited by Raphtheone; 2012-02-19 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raphtheone View Post

The all-in-one-button (what do you actually call it? O_o) is unforgiving and punishes a sloppy playstyle. This might seem okay, or even logical to some people, but bear in mind that one of the first (and most sacred) lessons a (good) game developer learns is to never punish a player for bad behavior, but to reward them for good. It's a game meant for entertainment after all. Playing "clinically" is okay with the all-in-one button; if I stand still and use something, I will use it, if I hold W and sprint, I will sprint forward, etc. The problem is when you want to do multiple things at once; if you are running into something you want to use and use it, you will roll forward.
    uhh really? because last time I stood in fire in something I got punished for it. When I tried to rambo in gow or in the me3 mp demo I got punished. Carrot and a stick. I mean if that's the logic then blizzard is a horrid game designer since raiding has that in spades.

@Raphtheone I believe in Gears of War they call it the all purpose don't get shot button, or the don't get shot button for short.

edit:
    Second time I wish to do multiplayer and I can't login on Origin. Out of four playing sessions. I have never in all of my years of using Steam, battle.net and other well budgeted services had any issues with connecting. Not once. I honestly don't like this. I'm not one of those EA haters, but I start to realize why there are so many.

edit2:
    I went to http://help.ea.com/article/connectio...es-with-origin
    I didn't find the article helpful at all, and wanted to vote at the end of the page, as constructive feedback (letting them know there are other issues with connectivity than they bring up in the topic). However, I must log in to vote. I can't log in, since I have connection issues. Anyone else see a fault with this?
    No problems here, Downloaded, installed, had no D/c's or anything in over 24hrs.

even downloaded faster then my steam downloads O_o.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    No problems here, Downloaded, installed, had no D/c's or anything in over 24hrs.

Yea it took less than 20 minutes I was surprised to be honest.

-snip-

When you wish to perform a series of combinations (moving in/out of cover connected with a brief sprint and a directional roll, for instance), things get ugly, fast. When dodging a box right in front of me while I want to start sprinting, I roll to the side. What's up with that? If you want to take cover behind that desk you always do, and there's a laptop on it that you now can use, you will use the laptop; not take cover (really annoying when covering someone who's already using it). The list goes on. And on, and on and on. And ooooon. 'nd oooooon.

-snip-
    This is my biggest gripe about the all in one button. Someone else is already at the computer, getting it online, or hacking it, or whatever channeled action is going on. The only cover near you is right next to them and two engineers just setup turrets.

Take cover.
    No, stop using that, take cov-
    Stop, take cove-
    No, not use, cov-
    Stop. Take cov-
    You're being shot, take cover you stupid engineer.
    No, they're halfway done, take cover.
    Not use, cover. Take co-
    Stop, cov-
    Great, you're dead. Happy now?

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    uhh really? because last time I stood in fire in something I got punished for it. When I tried to rambo in gow or in the me3 mp demo I got punished. Carrot and a stick. I mean if that's the logic then blizzard is a horrid game designer since raiding has that in spades.
    You're taking actions you've successfully done and comparing it to punishing someone trying to do something. Avoiding fires provides a challenge, punishing you for trying to move out of them isn't comparable. A good game allows you to react to a situation in multiple ways, a bad one punishes you for all but the one way the game developer intended you to take. That's what I mean.

Yeah, I had the same experience. When it was working the 17th, everything went as smooth as... uh, something smooth.

And to continue on my last post, I found this:
    http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/0/8150874.page

Apparently Origin has issues with login and are working on it.

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalnik View Post
    Take cover.
    No, stop using that, take cov-
    Stop, take cove-
    No, not use, cov-
    Stop. Take cov-
    You're being shot, take cover you stupid engineer.
    No, they're halfway done, take cover.
    Not use, cover. Take co-
    Stop, cov-
    Great, you're dead. Happy now?
    ^ A situation I've had quite regularly when playing. About halfway in your list I use Invisibility (Infiltrator), but I still get targeted and shot at. While not the WB's (Wonder Button, I've nicked it now!) fault, it does add do the gripe.
    Last edited by Raphtheone; 2012-02-19 at 02:14 PM.

You're taking actions you've successfully done and comparing it to punishing someone trying to do something. Avoiding fires provides a challenge, punishing you for trying to move out of them isn't comparable. A good game allows you to react to a situation in multiple ways, a bad one punishes you for all but the one way the game developer intended you to take. That's what I mean.
    Theirs very little in terms of moving out of fire that doesn't involve you moving out of fire. You can bubble or ice block but those are usually one time affairs. Punishment is an entirely effective method of education in games. It's been done for years. The criticism you can and should make is that the game should have multiple avenues for success, not that it punishes the wrong ones. That's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Theirs very little in terms of moving out of fire that doesn't involve you moving out of fire. You can bubble or ice block but those are usually one time affairs. Punishment is an entirely effective method of education in games. It's been done for years. The criticism you can and should make is that the game should have multiple avenues for success, not that it punishes the wrong ones. That's fine.
    Don't get me wrong, I agree with you, I just think I don't relay my message clearly enough. We're talking about separate subjects. While you're talking about punishing as in adding challenge, I'm talking about punishing as in restricting. A good game isn't so without challenge, it's a required ingredient. Adding the fire is adding challenge. Locking your keyboard so you can't move out of it is restricting. One is good, one is bad.

10+ Year Old Account

It really depends on either your Location or the time you are playing. Yesterday there was an issue and for very short period of time today as well.
    -K

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you, I just think I don't relay my message clearly enough. We're talking about separate subjects. While you're talking about punishing as in adding challenge, I'm talking about punishing as in restricting. A good game isn't so without challenge, it's a required ingredient. Adding the fire is adding challenge. Locking your keyboard so you can't move out of it is restricting. One is good, one is bad.

It's an artificial challenge, I understand that completely. It just hasn't been a problem for me to be honest. LVL 20 eng my friends have various lvl dudes. We've managed to play the game pretty well and I haven't heard any of the complain.

I'm one of those crazy people that can't settle with simply getting the job done. There's "getting the job done", and "getting the job done properly". I keep pushing, finding gains wherever I can find them, improving my ability combinations, removing or shortening gaps where I idle. My friends are the same. If they played the ME3 demo, they'd agree with me on the Wonder Button. One tend to have like minded people as friends. Claiming "none of my friends", or "all my friends" is seldom a strong enough argument. Our way of playing naturally pushes a series of seperate commands into a series of joined commands.

Having one button to control it all really isn't the way to go. It's like having gas, break and clutch on one pedal in your car. For a weekend driver it might work, but for those who push that car to the point where you take a corner and gas, break and want to shift gear at the same time, you're royally F-ed.

Just finished my ME2 perfect save, 100% completed. Now, 2 weeks of endless waiting
    Last edited by Sargerus; 2012-02-20 at 03:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RevanSparda View Post
    Just finished my ME2 perfect save, 100% completed. Now 2 weeks of endless waiting
    The wait is unbearable!