Getting ready to pick it up this evening really excited to play it really hoping they didnt bork it up.

Deleted
    And this is the reason I don't bother with the user scores. But sure, ladies and gentlemen. Take your time to click on the users that have downvoted mass effect 3 anb behold, they have less than 2 reviews 99 % of them. Atleast the professional game reviewers aren't blind fanboys with "trolololol" agendas and that's why I put more weight to the reviewer score.

And no matter what the user score is, it doesn't affect my gaming experience. And you who said that "EA loses a lot of money QQ QQ QQ if they don't stop making origin exclusive games" then why the hell did battlefield 3 sell more than 8 million during the first month? (source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battlef...es_and_revenue ). And besides, I have never had any problems with origin and I bet most of the "problems" are blind fanboy hate and made-up excuses.

Oh and anyone can make 1000 e-mails and spam a metascore down. Even manually. There aren't even that many votes.

10+ Year Old Account
    The bonus mission took me like an hour (including a lot of dialoge before, durring, and after.) Its worth the 10$ if you really care about the game. It doesn't make a difference towards the story. Just another character to help against the Reapers.*

Also, I'm not feeling the lack of choices in dialoge. Feels the same to me.*
    Loving it so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Grrwaherr View Post
    The bonus mission took me like an hour (including a lot of dialoge before, durring, and after.) Its worth the 10$ if you really care about the game. It doesn't make a difference towards the story. Just another character to help against the Reapers.* Also, I'm not feeling the lack of choices in dialoge. Feels the same to me.* Loving it so far.
    I'm feeling it a bit doesn't make much of a difference though, my love for it is still quite high

Deleted
    Looks like a cool game, never really played 1 or 2

Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    And this is the reason I don't bother with the user scores. But sure, ladies and gentlemen. Take your time to click on the users that have downvoted mass effect 3 anb behold, they have less than 2 reviews 99 % of them. Atleast the professional game reviewers aren't blind fanboys with "trolololol" agendas and that's why I put more weight to the reviewer score.

And no matter what the user score is, it doesn't affect my gaming experience. And you who said that "EA loses a lot of money QQ QQ QQ if they don't stop making origin exclusive games" then why the hell did battlefield 3 sell more than 8 million during the first month? (source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battlef...es_and_revenue ). And besides, I have never had any problems with origin and I bet most of the "problems" are blind fanboy hate and made-up excuses.

Oh and anyone can make 1000 e-mails and spam a metascore down. Even manually. There aren't even that many votes.
    Any professional reviewer can be paid to give a game a better score. (Prime example: Dragon Age 2).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    Any professional reviewer can be paid to give a game a better score. (Prime example: Dragon Age 2).
    Just like any forum poster can wear a tinfoil hat.

That said.

The only complaints I have with ME3 is that I *had to switch discs like 2 or 3 times and that I don't have a small army of squadmates... Yesterday I had said to myself that I was only going to play for like an hour or so, next thing I knew it as 1 am and 12 hours had passed.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Just like any forum poster can wear a tinfoil hat.
    Reviewers getting paid to give a game a better score is just a known fact though. It does happen. My tinfoil hat is most definitely shelved for the moment. My point was basically that you can't simply discredit bad reviews as "trololol" scores by pointing at the professional critic scores. Because that doesn't really prove anything.

Moving off of that subject though, my issues with ME3 is that it just seems watered down compared to the other two. I liked Mass Effect, and the second one didn't exactly meet my expectations, but I still enjoyed it. The third one just moved even further away from the first game in terms of gameplay and RPG elements. What happened to the customization that we had in ME1? I even kept my expectations low but I still can't help but be disappointed with it. Compared to the first one, and even to the second one by a lesser extent, it just seems like a generic shooter now and less of an RPG. But that's just me.

I deal with reviewers the same way I deal with doctors and mechanics. I find a few I trust, agree with, and like, and pay attention to them.

I'm enjoying the game so far. I like that you seem to get a lot of your squad mates very quickly this time around. Also, it seems everyone has noticed how much time Garrus spends calibrating things :P.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

Deleted
    I actually agreed with the 94 dragon age 2 score. I just disagree with the low score of Dragon age: origins (under 100 / 100). And throwing around claims like that without any proof just discredits you.

---------- Post added 2012-03-07 at 05:15 PM ----------

Reviewers getting paid to give a game a better score is just a known fact though. It does happen. My tinfoil hat is most definitely shelved for the moment. My point was basically that you can't simply discredit bad reviews as "trololol" scores by pointing at the professional critic scores. Because that doesn't really prove anything.

Moving off of that subject though, my issues with ME3 is that it just seems watered down compared to the other two. I liked Mass Effect, and the second one didn't exactly meet my expectations, but I still enjoyed it. The third one just moved even further away from the first game in terms of gameplay and RPG elements. What happened to the customization that we had in ME1? I even kept my expectations low but I still can't help but be disappointed with it. Compared to the first one, and even to the second one by a lesser extent, it just seems like a generic shooter now and less of an RPG. But that's just me.
    "known fact" You mean an internet rumour / meme?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by flarecde View Post
    I deal with reviewers the same way I deal with doctors and mechanics. I find a few I trust, agree with, and like, and pay attention to them.

I'm enjoying the game so far. I like that you seem to get a lot of your squad mates very quickly this time around. Also, it seems everyone has noticed how much time Garrus spends calibrating things :P.
    There are alot of small jokes like that.

They even made Conrad apologise for accusing you of pointing a gun in his face in ME2
    (medium spoilers)

Also, needs more reapers (no spoilers in pic) *http://i.imgur.com/xnbMS.jpg
    Last edited by mmoca4abc3a051; 2012-03-07 at 05:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A little off topic: what was so wrong with Dragon Age 2? I thought it was pretty fun. Not my favorite, but fun nonetheless.*

Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    "known fact" You mean an internet rumour / meme?
    I don't really understand how people can dispute it. These are people who are paid to give game reviews. I'm not saying that all reviewers are dishonest (there are some really great reviewers that I trust), but there are always going to be dishonest people in the industry. People are easily manipulated by money, and not just in this industry. It happens in the movie industry, music, etc. You name it, people get paid to review it. And whenever people are paid to review something, there is always going to be bias. And yes, that bias can be affected by how much they're paid. But regardless, that wasn't the point I was trying to make. I was mainly saying that you can't discredit user reviews so easily when you are so prepared to trust ANY professional review over them. Professional reviews can be just as "wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by Grrwaherr View Post
    A little off topic: what was so wrong with Dragon Age 2? I thought it was pretty fun. Not my favorite, but fun nonetheless.*
    I don't hate it, but compared to DAO it's just an entirely different game. I don't particularly hold it in high esteem, but I don't really care that much. Lots of people were expecting another DAO and it didn't turn out that way.

10+ Year Old Account

I don't hate it, but compared to DAO it's just an entirely different game. I don't particularly hold it in high esteem, but I don't really care that much. Lots of people were expecting another DAO and it didn't turn out that way.
    I get it then. I didn't like DAO that much which is probably why I thought DA2 was pretty good.*

Deleted
    I don't really understand how people can dispute it. These are people who are paid to give game reviews. I'm not saying that all reviewers are dishonest (there are some really great reviewers that I trust), but there are always going to be dishonest people in the industry. People are easily manipulated by money, and not just in this industry. It happens in the movie industry, music, etc. You name it, people get paid to review it. And whenever people are paid to review something, there is always going to be bias. And yes, that bias can be affected by how much they're paid. But regardless, that wasn't the point I was trying to make. I was mainly saying that you can't discredit user reviews so easily when you are so prepared to trust ANY professional review over them. Professional reviews can be just as "wrong."

It's also possible for a company to hire someone to make gazillion user reveiw accounts and vote 0 for the competitor /tinfoil hat off. Everything is easily manipulated by money. But go ahead and let the speculation drive you insane, I'll just enjoy my mass effect 3.

My personal review of the game, some spoilers in there are marked.

The Good
    - Combat system improved
    - Weapon customization was much needed
    - The mix between ME1 RPG + ME2 Action systems is a good one
    - The world around you feels more "alive", specially in the Citadel
    - Interaction between your squadmates is very well done
    - The length of the game is bigger than ME2, same as ME1
    - Multiplayer is very addicting and provide some tough challenges

The Bad
    - There are some WTF plotholes through the Endings
    - Harbinger only makes a very brief appearence, which is disappointing
    - The dream sequences with the Kid aren't needed, or at least it should be cutscenes instead of boring gameplay
    - Many squadmates only have two or three major conversations through the game, in between these, they get "Zaeeded"
    - That blue wall in the Normandy's CIC is annoying as hell

Still, ME3 is a great game, although i can see why some people are calling the weakest of the trilogy, mainly because of some plotholes and the endings, but overall is a great experience.

My ratings on the previous games:
    ME1: 9.5/10
    ME2: 9.8/10

My rating for ME3:
    9/10

Deleted
    Hah, try and prevent me from saving before final decision eh?

* Copies autosave to another folder

Well FU
    Last edited by mmoca4abc3a051; 2012-03-07 at 07:17 PM.

Did anyone else find it to be too short? Maybe I just played it too much in single sittings...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drystan View Post
    Did anyone else find it to be too short? Maybe I just played it too much in single sittings...
    Took me 30h doing as much on possible, on normal (lol)

Missed a couple of things due to bugs/skipped by accident.

Quote Originally Posted by Drystan View Post
    27 hours on Hardcore dificulty