10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RevanSparda View Post
    My personal review of the game, some spoilers in there are marked.

The Good
    - Combat system improved
    - Weapon customization was much needed
    - The mix between ME1 RPG + ME2 Action systems is a good one
    - The world around you feels more "alive", specially in the Citadel
    - Interaction between your squadmates is very well done
    - The length of the game is bigger than ME2, same as ME1
    - Multiplayer is very addicting and provide some tough challenges

The Bad
    - There are some WTF plotholes through the Endings
    - Harbinger only makes a very brief appearence, which is disappointing
    - The dream sequences with the Kid aren't needed, or at least it should be cutscenes instead of boring gameplay
    - Many squadmates only have two or three major conversations through the game, in between these, they get "Zaeeded"
    - That blue wall in the Normandy's CIC is annoying as hell

Still, ME3 is a great game, although i can see why some people are calling the weakest of the trilogy, mainly because of some plotholes and the endings, but overall is a great experience.

My ratings on the previous games:
    ME1: 9.5/10
    ME2: 9.8/10

My rating for ME3:
    9/10
    Hmm.... this seems like an exact copy of a review I read on BSN!

I was completely engrossed in the game, up until the last hour or so. I am really conflicted right now. I LOVE the Mass Effect universe, I really do. I totally have an emotional attachment with the characters in these games. I've laughed at them, I've cried with them. I already miss them. Mass Effect 3 had many great moments in it for me. It had plenty of laughs and at other moments had me in tears. But the endings left me with a sour taste in my mouth. I actually don't feel like making another run through the game (ME1 and 2 I did many, and did so immediately after). For those of who who haven't finished, enjoy the ride. It's a blast. Experience the ending at the last possible moment though.

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post

I was completely engrossed in the game, up until the last hour or so. I am really conflicted right now. I LOVE the Mass Effect universe, I really do. I totally have an emotional attachment with the characters in these games. I've laughed at them, I've cried with them. I already miss them. Mass Effect 3 had many great moments in it for me. It had plenty of laughs and at other moments had me in tears. But the endings left me with a sour taste in my mouth. I actually don't feel like making another run through the game (ME1 and 2 I did many, and did so immediately after). For those of who who haven't finished, enjoy the ride. It's a blast. Experience the ending at the last possible moment though.
    Yeah, i posted on the BSN too
    http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to...ndex/9658945/1
    http://social.bioware.com/1924000/

Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    It's also possible for a company to hire someone to make gazillion user reveiw accounts and vote 0 for the competitor /tinfoil hat off. Everything is easily manipulated by money. But go ahead and let the speculation drive you insane, I'll just enjoy my mass effect 3.
    Not driving me insane by any means, but I'm glad you're enjoying the game, at least. I suppose I'm just becoming picky.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiddly View Post
    An MMO is quite a bit different then what people expect to be a single player RPG. I find the game fun, but honestly there is literally no chance of pme paying anything extra for it now, regardless of how important it may be to the story. Guess I will just look up the rest on youtube.

Sorry EA, I bought TOR and payed for a beta for two months, I bought this and got 75% of a game, having to pay more to complete. I will never buy another EA product again, unless things change drastically. RIP (To me)

...Last time I am going to say this. The "DLC" is not cut or content that is just locked on the disc since its almost 1GB. Its content that was developed outside of the main development cycle, meaning if DLC didn't exist then we would have never seen it. The code for it is included in the CE version of the game. They reason why they offer it on day 1 is for people who didn't order the CE. People are just confirming their own bias.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post

For me it wasn't that the endings themselves were BAD, more that they were poorly told, made no sense and your decisions seemed to have 0 effect past the final farewells.

I have 100% paragon and 3% renegade, I could have chosen renegade on the final conversation check.

WTF was the Normandy doing there at the end? And why were those people onboard?

And the logic at the end was just ...wat for me. I mean, to stop synthetics killing everyone, they kill everyone every 50k years using synthetic life, good job, great "solution"

I LOVED the rest of the game (bar a few bugs) but the ending is just ridiculous. (people complained that it was... sad? Really?)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    Well the Steam thing is the main issue I'm boycotting EA games now. Steam is my preferred service now. Lime i said it may not make sense to others, but in my mind it does. To be 100% honest, if EA did put it on Steam i would buy it that day. The money grubbing would still bother me but it would be tolerable. Just like everyone has preferred stores or restaurants they only go to, Steam is my preferred online video game service.
    Thats like me saying I refuse to buy Nikes because Wal-Mart doesn't sell them...

Say what you want about EA but why is it wrong that they publisher would like to distribute their own material?

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    For me it wasn't that the endings themselves were BAD, more that they were poorly told, made no sense and your decisions seemed to have 0 effect past the final farewells.

I have 100% paragon and 3% renegade, I could have chosen renegade on the final conversation check.

WTF was the Normandy doing there at the end? And why were those people onboard?

And the logic at the end was just ...wat for me. I mean, to stop synthetics killing everyone, they kill everyone every 50k years using synthetic life, good job, great "solution"

I LOVED the rest of the game (bar a few bugs) but the ending is just ridiculous. (people complained that it was... sad? Really?)
    I agree, there are some major plotholes with these endings:

-Why the Normandy left the battle has no explanation, also your squadmates that were with you in the final mission are "magically" teleported into the Normandy.
    -The reason for the Reapers existence is also stupid:[url]http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af134/gnosblax/yodawgme.jpg[/url]

Deleted
    I agree, there are some major plotholes with these endings:

-Why the Normandy left the battle has no explanation, also your squadmates that were with you in the final mission are "magically" teleported into the Normandy.
    -The reason for the Reapers existence is also stupid:[url]http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af134/gnosblax/yodawgme.jpg[/url]
    I had a better ending just from reading the damn planet info's on ME2...

Dark Energy causes stars to become unstable after X years: Caused by Mass Effect fields: Requires technological reset.

Explains why reapers lay dormant in deadspace, doesn't require your godlike mystery entity to be retarded

Also, when you choose your ending:

A brief flashback shows the 3 most important people in Shepard's life, the first two are Joker and Anderson, and the third is...Liara,Ashley or Kaidan. It doesn't matter who you romanced in ME2, the game just shows that Liara is more important than your love interest.
    Last edited by Sargerus; 2012-03-08 at 07:17 AM.

Deleted
    Also, when you choose your ending:

A brief flashback shows the 3 most important people in Shepard's life, the first two are Joker and Anderson, and the third is...Liara. It doesn't matter who you romanced, the game just shows that Liara is more important than your love interest.
    I wouldn't know about that, I romanced her

It's like they gave up after the mission before earth (spoilers) then again after the final farewells.

I had a military strength of 6.2k at the end (missed a load of stuff and sacrificed some on quarian world) and I felt it had NO effect beyond the minimum.

There's NO indication of what happened to any of the characters... beyond ridiculous plotholes. (even something DAO style would be nice)

Like I said I LOVED the rest of the game (beyond a few bugs) but the ending is just... SO MUCH WAT. I would rather have it sadder and make sense than that.

---------- Post added 2012-03-07 at 08:50 PM ----------

Also...

MIRANDA, Y U NO JUST SHOW ME WHERE THE BASE IS?!?!

I saw you there at the start of ME2 damnit!
    Last edited by mmoca4abc3a051; 2012-03-07 at 08:51 PM.

Man i totally expect Bioware pull a "Broken Steel DLC" on us...
    Last edited by Sargerus; 2012-03-07 at 09:04 PM.

Deleted
    Man i totally expect Bioware pull a "Broken Steel DLC" on us...
    As bad as it sounds, if it fixed those endings I would probably get it.

Inb4 DLC rage but that was just awful.

Deleted
    I saw the user ratings on Metacritic (not that I trust Metacritic) and... well. Let's just say alot of people give the game a 0 with the only reason they have is "homo-sex". Really? I can understand other issues such as Origin, day1 DLC etc but "homo-sex everywhere" is a theme that is so recurring in all those "reviews" that I am beginning to think that the Vatican is doing the reviewing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Thats like me saying I refuse to buy Nikes because Wal-Mart doesn't sell them...

Say what you want about EA but why is it wrong that they publisher would like to distribute their own material?
    It's not "wrong", but I'm not going to install a client system for every publisher. If the publisher makes installing a heavy handed, DRM laden client a requirement, I'll not be playing their game.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

God I fucking love the mass effect codex. Every time they come out I sit and listen to all the entries. That guy has the most news worthy voice in the galaxy. He should run for office or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone here who has it for Xbox 360 find it kind of dumb how you have to switch discs after every main mission? I don't know if this is how the whole game is but so far i had to switch discs like 5 times already everytime i would do a main mission. I usually don't mind swapping out discs when it's where you swap the disc out because its the second part of the story but this is after every main mission kind of annoying. Also for the fact that since i got the collectors edition its a pain in the ass to take out the discs so i have to just put tissue over it and just lay them on top.

Which brings up another issue im having and that's just taking the discs out of the collectors edition case. It felt like i was going to break it in half and my thumb was hurting by the time i got the disc out. Anyone who got the collectors edition have this problem too? And maybe a solution to make it easier and safer to take out the discs?
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

If only I could actually play ME3 at this point. stuck at a mission (PC VERSION).
    the Sanctuary where the game "Stopped Working" everytime for me

Deleted
    The europe launch is the 9 of mars right*
    but i'm going to get mine on the 8 am i special? i really would like to be prity snowflake once

Quote Originally Posted by MmoFanatic View Post
    The europe launch is the 9 of mars right*
    but i'm going to get mine on the 8 am i special? i really would like to be prity snowflake once
    There are plenty of EU players who are already playing, having gotten around the activation time by using a bypass thing (there's information earlier in this thread).

My Amazon pre-order is scheduled to arrive on the 8th, too.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post

Which brings up another issue im having and that's just taking the discs out of the collectors edition case. It felt like i was going to break it in half and my thumb was hurting by the time i got the disc out. Anyone who got the collectors edition have this problem too? And maybe a solution to make it easier and safer to take out the discs?
    Use a different cd case. Install the game to HDD.*