10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    snip
    Spoiler tags dude, spoiler tags.

Also, the Mass Relays make travel easier, and were the boon of galactic civilization, but FTL travel is still possible, and they have the technology, they can rebuild..
    Last edited by Blznsmri; 2012-03-09 at 02:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

snip
    Do not post spoilers without the tag...
    Last edited by Sargerus; 2012-03-09 at 02:33 AM.

So I just got this, played ME1/2 dozens of times but I did not carry my ME2 over to 3 since it was on a diff comp. Noticed the conversation with Liara about the shadow broker incident back in ME2 didn't carry over and seemed full of plotholes. This a plot hole or am I missing this much from not carry a save over, or does DLC content not get carried over?

Deleted
    snip
    Thanks for the spoilers.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kav View Post
    So I just got this, played ME1/2 dozens of times but I did not carry my ME2 over to 3 since it was on a diff comp. Noticed the conversation with Liara about the shadow broker incident back in ME2 didn't carry over and seemed full of plotholes. This a plot hole or am I missing this much from not carry a save over, or does DLC content not get carried over?
    Yeah, you're missing stuff from not carrying the save over.

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Yeah, you're missing stuff from not carrying the save over.
    Damn, guess I'll have to play thru 1 and 2 again. Oh well, least they carried over more content then I thought they would. Can only imagine how diff conversations would go this far into the game if only I had my save still.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kav View Post
    Damn, guess I'll have to play thru 1 and 2 again. Oh well, least they carried over more content then I thought they would. Can only imagine how diff conversations would go this far into the game if only I had my save still.
    I'm going to do a full 100% playthrough of all three because I didn't have the all the DLC before 3 came out (and that damn insanity Achievement for ME1), and I want to see all the throw backs they make.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to do a full 100% playthrough of all three because I didn't have the all the DLC before 3 came out (and that damn insanity Achievement for ME1), and I want to see all the throw backs they make.
    Same. I thought I had a 100% complete save from ME2, but it seems I didnt do overlord on my import. Very irked by this but I intend to do multiple playthroughs of me3 anyway so s'all good.

Someone tell me im not crazy. But does the music in the Presidium Commons area of the Citadel sound a LOT like the music in Arkham City....or is it maybe Gears of War...
    Last edited by pickley; 2012-03-09 at 03:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, the ending pretty much killed all re-playability not just for ME3, but for ME1 and ME2 as well. It simply sucked.

It's not just that pretty much everything is destroyed or fucked up, I guess I could sort of live with that even though I don't like it. But what really annoys me is that no matter what you do, no matter what choices you make, no matter who you kill or who you save during all the 3 games, NONE of it has any impact whatsoever on the ending. You get the same 3 shitty choices as an ending no matter what you do, or have done previously. In ME2 you could try to save your entire team, you had choices to make in the end and there was a goal with it. In ME3? Your team could just as well not be there, how did your team in any way influence the ending? Yeah that's right they didn't, hell, they weren't even there.

It just doesn't make sense. We spend 2 games and many many hours building a personal story and then as the ending Bioware throws in something that takes no regard to what you have done. Just "here's an omnipotent child telling you what's gonna happen (seriously wtf? where did he come from all of a sudden?)".

Was this supposed to give closure? answer all our questions? I have MORE questions after finishing it than I had before.

Fuck that.

this is still amazing so far. i dont see how bad the ending could possibly be....but i guess i on't know what some people are capable of.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandoh View Post
    this is still amazing so far. i dont see how bad the ending could possibly be....but i guess i on't know what some people are capable of.
    Had I not finished the game, I would have said the same thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by koawinter View Post
    Had I not finished the game, I would have said the same thing.
    I don't mind the ending at all, I don't see what other people's problems are.

I really like that memorial they added in the Normandy.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandoh View Post
    I read that the ending will be bad. I prepared for it emotionally, I said my last farewells and I was honestly expecting my entire crew and Sheppard to die.
    Let me tell you, NOTHING prepared me to the ending that actually happened.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

I just finished it and got the "best" ending. I.e.: the one that required the highest military strength. I don't see why everyone has such an issue with it. lol

To each their own I suppose.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind the ending at all, I don't see what other people's problems are.
    I'm with you. I think there's nothing wrong with the ending at all but meh, as was said by another to each their own.

Deleted
    Boohohoo, I didn't get my Mass Effect 3 a day early like I was hoping to. I god damn hope the mail will deliver it to me today. I seriously can't wait to start playing it. *puts on a gaming face*

I just unlocked 'Tali' in Muliplayer

Defense Turret, Incinerate, and Cryo? I'm going to level her up when I get home

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll skip complaining about the ending for a second and ramble about something else:

Does anyone else feel that the Biotic Charge + Nova combination as a Vanguard is, eh, a bit too good? :P

My Shepard = Only shotgun equipped, 1 teammate with extra squad power regen = No cooldown at all on biotic charge.
    Couple that with shield strength boosting armor and literally all I had to do was charge + nova = AOE instakill everything except the tougher mobs (geth primes, banshees etc), but since I had no real cooldown on charge I could just do it over and over again. Everything, no matter how tough a mob, was dead after max 3 novas, and you're invulnerable while charging so I pretty much couldn't die.

All the charging around makes you a bit dizzy but I went through many missions where I literally didn't fire a single shot. I did play on normal difficulty so idk, maybe it doesn't work as well on harder difficulties but still, I felt a bit OP.

EDIT: This is basically what I'm talking about, but I had an even faster recharge speed and did alot more dmg than this guy.

Last edited by Shakadam; 2012-03-09 at 07:27 AM.