10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    but really, the synthesis ending was really the only one i could think of as a "good" ending. i mean, red kills all synthetic life and blue you just become a part of the eons-long civilization murdering system.

and even if you go for red cause shep survives, you really just end up killing Edi and all the geth sacrificed for a supposed chance at a happily ever after.
    you really end up just being like the reapers, focused on selfish survival.

yeah i pretty much made my Shepard as "Captain America in the 24th century in space", goody good but still forceful.
    Blue you take control of the reapers and stop it. Also, it's the 22nd century.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

I was sad when BW said "the Warden's" story was over and their new focus is templar-mage war , and i was kinda disappointed *that we may not see the warden in da3 , but after this ending to me3 i am glad that they wont be f****** up my wardens story *

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Blue you take control of the reapers and stop it. Also, it's the 22nd century.
    yes, but your only entering in the level on control of the system, we still have no clue who actually made the thing. plus theres the whole deal about "he who hunts monsters..." with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Oni View Post
    As anyone finished a NG+ game (importing a character from ME3 & finish the game once again) cuz according to the game manual it will unlock another ending... still, something tells me that it's the stargazer video after credits that will also show up if you import from a ME2 save game...

Still, working on it just to make sure... I hope it's worth it =_=
    There's nothing new in the movies folder at least, so it either have to be an in-game scene (think dialogue in a closed environment) or text scrolling on the screen.

Deleted
    Just finished it a few hours ago and well, at first I thought the endings sucked too (still do kinda:P). I was hoping they would at least explain what happened to everyone but..

Shepard survived more or less. As an AI or reaper but still better than dying.
    Earth was saved.
    Galaxy was saved
    The relays blew up, sure but the Citadel survived with the mini relay intact. I'm sure they could have reverse engineered the relays from that and they already knew where every planet was so they could have just gotten by by normal travel till then. It took Normandy very little time to travel between solar systems so that couldn't have been that bad or slow.

So if they had just added some text about the future or something I would have been kinda happy with that ending. Oh and a way to save the Illusive man. I wish I could have continued working for him but even saving him the end would have been nice.
    Last edited by mmocdd0c32dcfc; 2012-03-10 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    snip
    SPOILER markers for god's sake

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RevanSparda View Post
    SPOILER markers for god's sake
    Sorry:P Didn't think it was still a big secret for anyone.

I was very dissapointed in the miranda story, she was my big love intrest in ME2 and all i got was a couple of talks and a farwell...

There is just way too much stuff that hasn't been answered. I feel like i played half a game and that they just rushed to sell it asap. Sucks big time !

10+ Year Old Account
    When a game has a 3 on the end the sad truth is that it has long turned into a cash cow and the developers/publishers don't give 2 fucks about satisfying the loyal fans because the fans are going to buy the game regardless. That's the truth and that's how they handle it.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

@ita Reverse engineering the Mass Effect relays would be impossible. They didn't mention this in the ending, but in theory, there's another plot hole with Mass Effect. You have all organic races in the sol system, with no access to FTL travel. The sol system is very barren on resources, especially with how fucked up Earth is. That means you have 6 species with the resources of less than 1. They'd last a fucking week before turning on each other due to lack of food. And with conventional travel, it'd take hundreds of years to reach a habitable planet.

So in theory, all organics die no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    @ita Reverse engineering the Mass Effect relays would be impossible. They didn't mention this in the ending, but in theory, there's another plot hole with Mass Effect. You have all organic races in the sol system, with no access to FTL travel. The sol system is very barren on resources, especially with how fucked up Earth is. That means you have 6 species with the resources of less than 1. They'd last a fucking week before turning on each other due to lack of food. And with conventional travel, it'd take hundreds of years to reach a habitable planet.

So in theory, all organics die no matter what.
    The protheans say hello while pointing at their conduit.
    Those who you know as Warlocks are your Salvation through Destruction. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    When a game has a 3 on the end the sad truth is that it has long turned into a cash cow and the developers/publishers don't give 2 fucks about satisfying the loyal fans because the fans are going to buy the game regardless. That's the truth and that's how they handle it.
    I disagree. Gaming...a truly well-put together game is never about the money, and don't forget, the developers and writers are the real ones who make it. Not the company as a whole. It's obvious someone put a ton of love and care into creating this game. It comes out in the tiny details...that woman you pass in the commons talking about leaving her husband for an asari lover. The two parents talking about raising their child. The detail put into every mission that makes them twist and turn just enough emotionally to bring a tear or a smile to your face.

I've played a good hundred video games and out of those, the Mass Effect series, all 3 games, will stand out as examples of a game the developers loved.

Sappiness aside, this was always planned to be a trilogy provided the previous installments worked out. Always. It was said from the beginning. Each game left off at the right moment to set the stage for the next. There is no "cash cow" involved here. Once this one is over...it's done.

The reapers brought the Citadelle to Earth. Hell that was convenient LoL.

Anyway it looks like there is 16 possible ending but really there is only 3 major trends and little variations on any of thoses. Hoping to see a chart soon.

Also for the lulz: [url]www.youtube.com/watch?v=b33tJx8iy0A[/url]
    Last edited by braxx; 2012-03-10 at 10:55 PM.

Deleted
    are there actualy any easter eggs? (I hope that doesnt count as spoiler^^)
    I know about 2:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybauY...Q&feature=plcp
    and
    the "Space hamster"
    Are there actualy any referances or something like that?

10+ Year Old Account
    There's tons of Easter Eggs in the series. Especially Conrad Verner who is a competionist's dream as he makes a load of pointless sidequest stuff from ME1 suddenly utterly vital.

There's also jokes referring to common memes by Shepard and his squad and lots of references back to events in previous games.

---------- Post added 2012-03-10 at 11:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by shokter View Post
    Is it just me....or is Insanity mode MUCH, much easier than in ME2?
    Whereas the base game is far far harder, there's certainly less of a spread between the difficulties.

And for the love of god Bioware let me make use of my keyboard. I am sick of randomly rolling about and dicking in and out of cover.
    Last edited by Northern Goblin; 2012-03-10 at 11:54 PM.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Anyone also barged in on Garrus and Tali making out in the main battery?
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spoiler tag that stuff. But yes, and it's absolutely hilarious.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Deleted
    Only time in my life I felt similiar to watching the ending movie here was... watching the ending of Lost. lol
    Really... the endings got something to them, yeah... philosophic questions, yeah... but too many questions unanswered, too many loose ends, all in all, just unsatisfying and not worthy for this series.

Maybe a few minutes of showing what happened after the chosen events would have sufficied. Like some parties on earth, what happens with all your comrades, maybe showing how you live on with your romance partner etc...
    Last edited by mmoc420d930b3c; 2012-03-11 at 12:56 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluegirl91 View Post
    Only time in my life I felt similiar to watching the ending movie here was... watching the ending of Lost. lol
    Really... the endings got something to them, yeah... philosophic questions, yeah... but too many questions unanswered, too many loose ends, all in all, just unsatisfying and not worthy for this series.

Maybe a few minutes of showing what happened after the chosen events would have sufficied. Like some parties on earth, what happens with all your comrades, maybe showing how you live on with your romance partner etc...
    I never thought I'd say this - but I want my generic "Happily Ever After" ending. Drinking with Garrus, living on with your LI, etc, etc.

You're right, there was no closure to it. And it's just a shame it had to end that way, because the rest of the game was phenomenal.

Deleted
    god damn the ending sucks so much i got so mad that u just quit the game att the ending cutscene worst 60 euros ever spent